Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 37

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 37 - A malaise of family dysfunction and emotional ruin.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Cuckold   Incest   Slow  

By 9:00 a.m. the whole gang had arrived and had settled in for a long Sunday’s something or other. The hullabaloo on VJ Day 1945 in New York City was something to witness. The somewhat muted riot of togetherness in the Carter home—the Douglas venue thereof—was a close second.

The pancakes and bacon were consumed with a passion. The hopeful toasts that followed the food, made with coffee mugs and water glasses, were for my benefit.

“To the brother who saved my life,” announced Ronald.

“To my daddy, David Carter,” howled Jenna; I say howled because she cried in the doing of the toast. I wondered what exactly she meant referring to me as her daddy, but, the scene was still playing out.

“To a wonderful nephew,” avowed Aunt Delia.

“To a man worthy of the name,” said Stacey. “Oh my yes.”

Oh yeah, I was honored as hell. And I was embarrassed, and not in a good way. Toasts, formalism, all of it meant nothing to me, never had. And, all the while my wife, Rozelle Carter, held me back from retreating from the room. Boy did I want to retreat. The celebration had no allure for me, not yet, maybe not ever.

Then it was time for a speech, so I was informed by the crowd of them. I say from the crowd of them because everyone kept chanting “speech-speech-speech!” Rozelle nudged me. I took a deep breath. I looked over at the clock in the dinette where we were all clustered about. It read 11:15 a.m.

“Okay then,” I said “Twenty-eight years ago I met and married Stacey Wilcox. We began our lives together and everything looked totally wonderful. Then, there was ‘my’ daughter Jenna, and no man alive was happier than was I.

“But then, over the years, between then and now, things went from wonderful to bad, for me. But, again, now, I’ve been advised that we, and especially me, should start over. My wife and my son-in-law James and Aunt Delia have made the case that I should consider rejoining the family: a family I have now long seen as being against me, disrespecting me. So, I am considering doing just what they have suggested. Can I do it? Maybe, I don’t know. I guess we’ll be seeing by day’s end,” I said.

With the end of my abbreviated and frank speech, there ensued some muted cheers, yes they actually cheered. I just wasn’t sure what it was that they were cheering. But, I was tired; it was still early in the day and I was tired, go figure. I really wasn’t sure about things at all. But, everyone said it was all good, so I guess that maybe it was going to be good. Most importantly for me, Rozelle seemed to be thinking positive. And that was my primary concern: the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint her; she meant everything to me, absolutely everything.

But, there were still more scenes to play out; and part of the “more” was a proposition my brother said he wanted to make to me. More fucking gifts I figured.


It was late, it was Sunday afternoon. I’d talked with everyone, but not to the one I most need to talk to, Jenna.

I think he arranged it to be then, when I was worn out, for him and me to be more or less alone. Maybe he figured I would be too exhausted by the weekend’s events to resist. Looking back on it now, I was sure of it. At any rate he had me cornered.

“Stacey talked to you?” he said.

“Yes,” I said.

“And?” he said.

“Nothing really. She just made the case that it was time for us all to try and get by the past. By us all, I really mean me,” I said.

“And?” he said. “I mean me and Stacey and you specifically?”

“I’m not sure, still not sure,” I said, and I paused; I paused long. He stared, waiting. “I’m her father, Ronald, and I do mean her ‘main’ father,” I said.

My words must have surprised him because for another long moment he just stared at me.

“Certainly,” he said, finally. I was sure it was more a case of him surrendering than him agreeing with me, but that might have been my imagination. “No argument from me.”

“Hmm, and how about Jenna?” I said.

“Well—I don’t know. I mean I know she thinks of you that way; I mean as her father,” he said.

“But, her main father? I know not as her only father, but as her main father?” I said. “I deserve to be her main father.”

The man just shrugged. “I just don’t, Davey. I just don’t know, but to me that is exactly who you are. How could you not be after everything?” he said.

“A lot of it, as I told Stacey, is still kind of a tough nut for me. My wife has asked me to try and put it all behind me,” I said. “And so I am going to try. But even apart from the issue of my fatherhood to my child that no living person can possibly understand my love for, and for my need for her to love me; there’s something else.” He looked me askance.

“Okay David?” he said.

“It’s the problem I have with the lot of you, except for Aunt Delia,” I said.

“I don’t understand?” he said.

“It’s the problem of respect, Ronald. It is clear to me that neither you nor Stacey and maybe even my daughter have ever had the slightest respect for me as a person or father or husband or man” I said. “I am persuaded that you like me, maybe even love me; but care at all about how I see things or what I believe or of opinions I hold, no I don’t think you have the slightest respect for any of those.”

“Oh my!” he said. “David, I’m about to give it to you straight, man. And, you have to listen and you have to believe. What you say is simply not the truth. If anything, you have things completely backwards. I mean totally reversed, sir. It is you who have not respected us or our beliefs and opinions!”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.