Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 31

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 31 - A malaise of family dysfunction and emotional ruin.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Cuckold   Incest   Slow  

2015

It was hot in Douglas. It always was in early August. People just got used to it, well, they all said they did; it was a matter of civic pride.

The wine was poured and the shrimp salad was on the table. “I think we need to do it,” I said.

“Do what?” said Rozelle.

“Get married,” I said. I reached over the table and placed the little black box in front of her. She looked at it, frowned, smiled, and screamed.

“Okay! Yes!” she said. I came around to her side of the table got down on my knees, both of them, and put the ring on her finger.

“This is gonna be the beginning of something beautiful,” I said. “I need you Roz, and I want you real bad.”

“I want and need you too, cowboy,” she said.

“Let’s eat and then go out. Okay?” I said.

“You got it,” she said.

She gave me a quizzical look.

“Honey, we gonna invite any of your long lost family?” she said. I hadn’t thought about that. But now I did.

“Before, I would have said no. But now? I’m not sure,” I said. “What do you think?”

“It would be your place to decide. But, that said, it might be time. I mean would there ever be a more likely time to maybe show them what you really are, and I’m not talking about all of the times you’ve saved this or that person among them. No, I mean just how well you can do without them as well as with them. Kind of let them know what a major survivor you are.”

“Survivor?” I said.

“Trust me, cowboy, you are that,” she said. “Remember I was there when things were the worst for you.”

“You were weren’t you,” I said. “Anyway, let me think about it, okay?”

“For sure,” she said.

And, I did think about it, and in the end opted for us to do it just among ourselves and a few friends where we worked.


The wedding was at a local Baptist church in Douglas. We decided to take a short, four day, honeymoon in Tucson at the Hacienda Hotel. Four days and nights of sun and poolside relaxing were the order of things. The nights, though, were actually athletic events, trust me on that one.

We lay together saying little, mostly just breathing hard after having done the deed.

“Wonder what they’ll be saying after they find out?” she said.

“Don’t know. Probably give us lip service about how glad they are that I’m, we’re, doing so well and making a life here in this little burg,” I said.

“Hmm, lip service? You don’t think that they’ll be genuinely happy for you, they don’t know me of course. I’m just gonna be an ornament in that little tableau,” she said.

“I don’t know. I just keep remembering the bones they threw me that cost them nothing and me everything,” I said. “After he took her from me, as I’ve told you, they wanted me to assume the title of uncle, well-loved uncle was the way the woman phrased it. They would ‘allow’ me unlimited visitation time with my daughter was another of their bones—yippee-ay-oh. And the final straw: allowing me to share the walking of my daughter down the aisle when she married her young man. And the killer in that? It was clear to me that my daughter was okay with their plan. That one still rankles.”

“Hmm, yes I understand, but you might have been better served to stay and battle it out if that’s the right term,” she said. “Hey maybe they had other reasons for acting the way they acted.”

“Can’t imagine what any such might have been,” I said.


The work days were long, but that was because business was good: hard to knock a situation like that. Roz had gotten me the job. They didn’t even look askance at my record. Twelve bucks an hour sure beat minimum. Anyway, my pay plus my wife’s allowed us to live high off the hog, well, kinda.

I was a warehouseman again; well, I was experienced. The Company was essentially an intermediary shipping company. We handled goods, mostly soft goods, coming in from Mexico for distribution to various chain operations in the states. And, like I say, business was good and we were constantly struggling just to keep up with schedule demands. At any rate, the overtime was useful.

“So how was your day?” said Rozelle, coming up behind me as I sat on the bar stool at Pedro’s.

“Oh, hi honey. Good, busy, but you know that. You folks in the office are running too, I know,” I said.

“Yes, it’s been a horrendous month. Security isn’t as problematical as the stuff you’re doing or the office assistants, but we are keeping busy,” she said.

Rozelle was head of security for the company. Hers was mostly office work, but she did have to make the tour of the warehouses each day and make sure all of the guards and checkers were on task and doing what they were supposed to be doing.

“Hmm,” I said. “So no problems for you then?”

“No, had to fire a couple of guys who were stealing merchandise. Not too bright the two of them. Their checkers’ sheets didn’t match up with inventories. Nailed ‘em before they even got out the door. Like I said, no sweat,” she said.

We were happy the two of us. The pressure was off. The drinks at Pedro’s cool and well appreciated, kinda made our day when we took the time to imbibe.

“Hey, amigo,” said Jose, the barkeep of record for the moment. “Someone was in here looking for you, asking around about you today.”

“Who was it?” I said.

“Didn’t leave a name. White guy,” said Jose. “Maybe fifty.” I nodded. I had a hinky feeling, but I doubted it was any of them. Probably just somebody I knew from the job. If they knew I hung out at Pedro’s they’d be back.

“You don’t think...” said Rozelle, who was sitting right beside me.

“No, but who knows,” I said. I refused to worry about it anymore. The old days, the old ways, the old crowd were all dead to me.


Juan Castillo had been doing the same thing for a thousand years, and he was only forty-six years old, helluva thing. He’d just hung up the phone and passed along the information that his benefactor in Phoenix had requested.


He gazed over in the direction of his wife who’d been napping. The man, his man in Douglas, had come through for them. The only problem for James was the question as to whether or not he’d really wanted Juan to succeed. The short answer was yes, but then again after thinking about it for days...

The man he’d sicced Juan on did not want to be found. And while he wanted to do for his wife as she had requested, he wasn’t sure it was the smart thing to do. Nevertheless, he’d gotten the information he’d asked for and now he had to tell her. And, she would undoubtedly tell her mother, who would undoubtedly tell her bio-dad, and then, well then, who knew.

She stirred in the pillows. Her eyes fluttered opened. “Hi honey,” she said.

“Hi, babe, said James. “He’s living and working in Douglas. Juan called just a bit ago to tell me. And, he’s married.”

“What!” she said.

“Yes, the woman’s name is Rozelle. She’s bit younger than he is, maybe in her early forties. If Juan’s info is right, and I’m sure that it is, she got him a job there, I mean his new wife did,” said James.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.