Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 21

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 21 - A malaise of family dysfunction and emotional ruin.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Cuckold   Incest   Slow  

“So you saw him again today?” said Ronald.

“Yes, it’s very sad. He’s being transported up state to prison tomorrow,” said Stacey. “I’m just sick about it, about everything.”

The man nodded. “I feel sorry for him too. He did let me see him; that kind of surprised me given all that’s gone down. We, he and I, didn’t talk much. We just kinda visited,” he said.

“I know. But, things had been thawing a little between us in recent times, so maybe it isn’t all that surprising that he would let you see him,” said Stacey. “His punishment seems awfully severe though.”

“Actually it’s not. He could’ve got have gotten twenty to life. But, on the one hand you are right, it is a stiff punishment anyway you look at it. Still, I have to tell you, Stacey, I don’t think he had to kill those men. When all is said and done, he deserves his punishment even though the men he killed were bad guys,” said Ronald. If it hadn’t been for Nathan Ferguson’s connections and influence, I’m certain it would have been much worse for him.” She nodded.

“I guess,” she said.

2008

My first half year at state was bad and worse than bad. It was the loneliness mostly. The nights were the worst of course, nothing to do but think and wonder how things were going back there, at his house. From the way Stacey’d talked to me those two times while I was still in county lockup, I was sure that what they were saying about me to Jenna as well as to each other was likely not real sympathetic or empathetic, more likely pathetic. I had to smile though; they were out of the loop and that pleased me no end.

Did I care about what they said? Not an iota. I’d done what I had to do to protect my baby, the baby the two cheaters had tried to minimize my influence with, really take from me! I was more than doubtful that my erstwhile brother, ex-brother, would have done as much to protect her. He was way too much into the material things of life: money, station, social influence, and women were what mattered most to him. No, he would have hired the best possible legal defense team for her, bribed people, done everything in his power to get her a reduced sentence, but in the end never would he have opted to take her place behind bars; it wasn’t in him.


“But mom, I need to go see him,” said Jenna.

“Listen to me, honey. Your Dad David has asked that no one come up to see him while he is in there. He told me in no uncertain terms that he just doesn’t want to have visitors. He said it would be just too much for him to deal with. He will see us when he gets out; those were his words, not mine. Okay?” said Stacey.

“Mom, I need to see him. I gotta try. Okay? I mean I gotta!” she said. “I know what he said, but I gotta try.”

“Jenna, your dad did an awful thing killing those three men. I mean it was truly an awful thing...” at her words her daughter broke into uncontrollable sobbing; she ran from the room.

They’d been talking in the kitchen. The back door creaked open and her husband came in holding two small grocery bags. Stacey sagged down into a chair at the kitchen table.

“Talking to Jenna,” he said, correctly analyzing the despairing look in his wife’s eyes and features. She nodded.

“Yes. She’s intent on trying to go up to the prison and see him. He’s of the same opinion as me about that, like I told you. He doesn’t want to be visited. Said it would be too much for him. But Jenna...” she said.

“I guess I understand where she’s coming from. I mean she feels guilty that he did what he did because of her, to save her,” said Ronald Carter. “Never mind that it was overkill.”

“Exactly. She just now ran up to her room to sob some more. She hasn’t stopped being melancholy since it all happened,” she said. “I’m at my wits end trying to get her to a place where she can at least accept things and be patient and wait for him to get out. The lawyer said most like six or seven years.” He nodded.

“I think that figures to be about right if he stays out of trouble while he’s in there,” he said.

“You know, my telling her what’s what isn’t doing it. Maybe you...” she said, and stopped. She was clearly hoping he’d finish the sentence for her.

“Okay, I’ll talk to her. I already have of course, but not specifically about her wanting to go up there to see him,” he said. “I guess now I have to. I know my brother would want her to be calm and patient and live her life. About that I have no doubt. It was stupid of him to kill those three men. It’s crazy, but it’s not like, well, something.”

“I know. It’s so not his way. But maybe, you know, Jenna being in trouble. I mean maybe he thought that he didn’t have a choice,” she said.

“Yes, that had to be it. There’s no other explanation,” he said. “You know, maybe you could talk to Aunt Delia, and her to Jenna.”

“Yes, that might be a way to go. I’m pretty sure she could get Jenna to listen to reason if it comes to that,” said Stacey. “Yes, let’s try that. I’ll call Aunt Delia tomorrow.”


Delia Westbrook looked thoughtfully at the two visitors across the table from her.

“Of course I’ll talk to her if you like,” said Aunt Delia. “But, that said, I’m not sure I agree with you as to the wisdom, or unwisdom, of her going up there. And, yes, I know that David doesn’t want visitors. And, even though he doesn’t want them, the fact is he’s going to need them, and chief among is Jenna.

“Tell you what, I’m going up there regardless. Let me talk to him about it, I mean about him allowing visitors. Maybe we can somehow get a handle on this and do the right thing. At any rate I’m going to try,” she said.

The two visitors looked at each other. Stacey nodded for Ronald to take the lead.

“Aunt Delia, Stacey and I, well, we agree with David that we should all stay away from that awful place and wait till he gets home before seeing him, including Jenna,” said Ronald.

His aunt smiled at him. “Ronald, Stacey, that man is part of our lives. Yes, what he did was truly awful. He’s being punished enough for that. He doesn’t need to be abandoned by us because of it. If you two don’t want to go, or refuse to, well, that’s up to you. But I am going. And, I will ask about Jenna going, I mean being allowed to go. If he says no. well, then okay, that’ll be it. But otherwise, I hope you won’t try to influence Jenna not to. Okay? Please?” she said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.