Eric &will Make a B Movie
Chapter 18

Copyright© 2016 by qhml1

We settled into a domestic routine. The girls doted on Leah, especially as she got closer. The baby was due in two weeks, and Dorian was due back in five days, his contract done. Leah had gotten a local doctor, and had her bag packed, ready to go, just in case.

Her scream woke us up in the middle of the night. Her water had broke, and it was time. The girls rushed around like maniacs, while I stood there bewildered.

"It isn't time yet," I said, trying to process everything.

"The baby said it is," laughed Tory, as Cathy helped Leah into the SUV. "Now get your ass in gear, or your goddaughter will be born in your backseat."

The hospital was three miles away, luckily. I may have set a land speed record for an SUV, but I'm not sure. Cathy called ahead, and they were ready when we got there, rushing her straight into delivery. Tory called Dorian on the way to the hospital, waking him. Leah cried, telling him the baby was coming. He was trying to get an airline ticket when we hung up.

Leah wouldn't let go of my hand until they wheeled her to the birthing room. Tory filled out the paperwork while Cathy paced, looking at the door. Forty-five minutes later the doctor came out.

"She's crying for her father," she said, looking at me. "First births are hard, emotionally as well as physically. Her husband isn't here, so you're it. Suit up, and go comfort your daughter." Soon I was in a full gown, with a face mask and footies, a cap on my head.

Leah was pale, her hair hanging limply, soaked in sweat. I took her hand and she looked up, responding to me by almost squeezing my hand off. "It hurts." she whispered, closing her eyes. I looked at the doctor and she held up both hands twice. Twenty minutes, or maybe less.

The contractions got closer, and she started to wail. "This is all your fault," she screamed, causing funny looks from the people in the room. "If you hadn't worked your magic, this wouldn't be happening. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!" She screamed the last at ear shattering level, and Catherine Victoria entered the world. Leah collapsed, exhausted.

They cleaned her, and offered her to me. "Want to hold your granddaughter?" I wanted to more than anything in the world, so they handed her to me. I looked at the tiny body, almost overcome by my emotions. Leah stirred, and I gently lay her child in her arms. She held it, looking down in awe. The baby cried, and she immediately dropped her gown down a bit, offering her nipple. She latched on immediately, and Leah smiled, the most radient smile I'd ever seen. I watched her intently, wanting it etched my memory forever.

"Wait until it's yours," she cooed, and I suddenly had to sit down. The doctor and nurses laughed. "This usually happens to the dad. Put your head down and take deep breaths, Mr. Melton, you'll be fine in just a minute."

The girls were all over me when I came out. I just hugged them, crying with joy, which started them crying. Dorian came in three hours later, and then the parents arrived. We all clustered in front of the nursery window, soaking in the miracle of a new life.

Four weeks went by. The grandparents stayed for two weeks, and then had to go back to their lives. Her parents made her happy by telling her that her mother had moved to Vegas, to be with her dad. They were taking it slow, but it looked like time and love had healed their wounds. Dorian's mother went back to Burbank, where she lived with her new husband. Neither set of parents were thrilled by the news that they may stay here.

The girls walked around grinning like the cat that ate the canary. Poor little Catherine never got a rest, if Mom wasn't holding her, one of my girls was. Practice, they called it. Leah took my rocking chair away from me, and I had to buy another. We got Dorian and Leah into the SUV three weeks later, telling them it was high time they got out for a bit. One of the Gomez daughters agreed to watch the baby. They thought they were going with us to look at horses.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.