Into It!, Book 2 - Cover

Into It!, Book 2

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 22

In the morning, we rose, made coffee and breakfast, and left for our chores. Marianne had classes. Karen had a special project for her major that would give her a leg up on entering the master's degree program next year. I was working with my primary adviser on the fall semester's schedule and developing the details of my master's degree program including an initial study on the possible thesis that I would be writing. The three of us met for lunch.

The question on all our lips was whether or not the change in our mother would stick over time. After asking a blessing, I said, "I think this change is going to be permanent. First, I think she is genuine in what she said. Second, Dad has taken a stand. He makes such a move rarely but they are always real and carefully considered."

I paused and Marianne said, "I guess I will find out this next weekend. You've agreed to drop me off on your way to Karen's parents." I nodded. Marianne continued, "Tom is bringing me back Sunday afternoon. I'm going to have him help me move into the dorms. I think I'm ready for that now. You two have been more than kind to let me live with you but that shouldn't be forever. I'm ready to stretch out now."

I nodded. Karen nodded and said, "Your absence will permit us to be a bit more uninhibited in our activities." She grinned. "We can play tag again."

Marianne smiled back. "I'm going to introduce Tom to that game at some time in the future. I think we will enjoy it."

Karen said, "You just have to remember that you both have to be ready for anything because it will happen. Maybe we should lend you some of the books Father Vernon had us buy for the counseling sessions. There were pictures and methods in them that I don't think that either of us had ever considered. We have enjoyed practicing those positions and methods. We have found some positions impractical but never failed to enjoy every one and each other."

Marianne grinned. "Eww! That's too much information. My brother involved in wild sex is more than I ever considered."

I said, "That's why you have ear muffs." I grinned some more. "Just remember the 'sock on the doorknob' rule with your roommate."

She looked at me blankly. Karen said, "It means, 'don't come inside and disturb your roommate and their significant other in their physical activities.' Nicki and Charlie introduced us to that signal after we walked in on them while they were horizontal and fully juxtaposed."

"Oh!"

"Yes."

I said, "Is there anything we need to do during the rest of this week?" Both shook their heads. "That's good. It will be nice to take it easy for a few days. Karen, we do have a formal dinner on Thursday evening for the math department to welcome new arrivals for the coming semester. I am invited and spouses or partners are welcome and somewhat expected. You can wear something slinky." I grinned. My beautiful wife grinned back. She had found that she enjoyed showing off for me. She was now the owner of a LBD that was short at the bottom and cut low on top. She looked very hot in it.

We went to the dinner and Karen was a hit. The other new master's candidate and teaching assistant was single and looked like a math major. A tall, slender Karen in a dress that showed off her figure was spectacular. Only one person didn't look happy. There was one woman professor who was dumpy and wearing clothing that did not help her look better. I think she was surprised when Karen spoke to her kindly. She did warm up. We returned home and enjoyed that private part of the evening, too.

We did our usual day, met for lunch, and loaded for the weekend. Karen insisted on driving her new car. We left my trusty truck in the garage packing our suitcases and Marianne into the Tucson. We went by the house and dropped her off. Mom was there and greeted us all happily. She told Karen to extend her regards to her parents and wished us a good time.

We rolled on to her parents' house arriving in time for supper. Both of Karen's brothers were there with Mike and Amber visiting for the weekend, too.

We slept in Karen's room and felt self-conscious for only an instant. We started removing clothes and left that very minor concern behind with our clothes. We tried to be quiet. I thought we had succeeded until Karen's mom walked into the kitchen where we were drinking coffee the next morning. She said, "Good morning." She poured coffee and fixed it before joining us at the kitchen table. She looked at us and grinned. "Was there a storm last night?"

Karen said, "No. The weather's been clear all week."

Her mother said, "Well, that may be but there was some happy thunder coming from your room last night." She giggled as she saw her daughter's, my wife's, face. I kept out of this.

Karen struggled out with, "We have a license, Mother. I love what Brad does to me."

"So it would seem. Is there a clause in your license about fireworks?"

"Mother! I tried to keep it down but Brad makes it difficult. He has found all sorts of spots that make me noisy."

"It's fine. Your father still does that for me. We've just learned to be quiet. We had teenagers with alert ears."

We had a great time over the weekend and enjoyed the fellowship of family and then went to church on Sunday. I had found the Episcopalian services a little different from the Methodist church services but not greatly so. The two denominations came from the same source, namely the Church of England. We went back to the Monroe's for lunch and enjoyed ourselves before heading home. On the way, Marianne called to tell us that she was in her dorm and enjoying it. She asked to meet for lunch Monday. We, of course, agreed.

It was nice to spend the night at our home with just us. We did celebrate and noisily. In the morning, we rose and performed our duties and met Marianne for lunch.

Lunch was fun with her teasing us about being alone and having nothing to do. We told her that we had practiced being alone on the island and found that that experience served us quite well. Marianne's time with Tom had been good for her. Their bond was strengthening. They were aiming for next summer but that timing was open to be sooner. Marianne told me of mother who, she said, had changed. The country club membership has been dropped and they are going to church again. Mom is talking to people and demonstrating that she cares about people, not their relative status. She has talked to her family. She and Dad had Tom's parents for supper and it went well. Marianne said that Mom is painfully careful to care and not give offense. We parted happily. She was headed to the library to work on a paper and we headed home.

We walked in and Karen smiled. She said, "Brad, we're alone and have nothing to do until morning." She smiled some more. "I really like this house. It fits us. There will come a day for a change but, until then, we will be happy and comfortable." She put her arms around my neck and kissed me for an hour or two. I realized that I was really InTo IT and loved IT.

The week was idyllic. Nicki called Karen telling her that it was time for us to prepare to participate in their wedding. They would be in town over the weekend to look for housing and talk to various professors and advisers. They had been living together with Charlie's parents this summer. Karen offered them temporary space in our house and they accepted.

We hadn't seen them since the wedding and they were surprised to see how well we had adjusted to being married and living together. Nicki asked, "How did wearing the suits go?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.