Into It!, Book 2
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

We traveled to Karen's home in time for supper with her parents and younger brother, Jeff. We had met but this was an opportunity to get to know him better. I hadn't noticed but Karen had been taking pictures with her phone while at the house. I found out quickly.

She cried out, "Mom, you're not going to believe what my future husband has done! He bought us a house. He's letting me have the kitchen and bathroom done to suit me! I have pictures!"

After the appropriate hugs and kisses, Karen and her mother huddled together to look at the pictures in her phone. Mister Monroe asked me, "What's this about a house, Brad?"

I replied. "I had looked at the married student housing and it was not very pleasant sight. They are old and haven't been well-maintained. We would have been relegated to a one bedroom apartment. The living quarters would not be as nice as our dorms were. I looked around and this house was available for a fair price.

"We both looked at it. Since Karen liked it, I made an offer and it was accepted. We close Friday morning. She wasn't happy with the kitchen so I had her call Uncle Billy. He knows people. We stayed at my parents' place last night and went in this morning. We went over her desires and the contractor, Roddy, gave me a rough price which I approved. I gave him a deposit. My sister, Marianne is going to watch over the work. She has good taste. Besides, your daughter and my sister are as thick as thieves so she knows what Karen wants. He should be finishing when we return."

Her brother, Jeff, asked, "Isn't all that expensive?"

"It's not too bad really. Besides, it's for Karen." Her father said nothing. Mister Monroe knew more of my finances than anyone because I made a full disclosure in asking for Karen's hand. He knew that money wasn't an issue here.

Jeff liked that answer since he seemed to adore his sister. I knew he had wanted to go to our college but his major really didn't work for our school. He did ask, "What's the story on your honeymoon?"

I smiled. "We're going to fly to the British Virgin Islands and stay on a private island for two weeks. We will fly back, check out the house, and then take another two weeks to travel around. By then, the house should be finished. We can move in and furnish it."

"Anything I can do to help, let me know."

"Thanks. We're planning to do the painting inside ourselves. The outside looks fine and it will have a new kitchen and bathroom. We're looking forward to putting our colors on the walls together." We talked of other things that evening and Karen and her mother eventually joined us. I realized that, since school was out, that was going to be the longest separation we will have endured. Tonight would be rough because we didn't sleep together in her parents' house. It was close to midnight when we all went to our beds.

I stripped down to my briefs, pulled the covers back, and lay on my back with the lights out. About half an hour later, a warm body joined me as Karen eased her long, lean torso into bed and snuggled into my side. She whispered, "There, that's better." She placed her phone on the nightstand. Its alarm went off at five. We kissed and she got up, put her robe on, and slipped out and back to her bedroom.

I tried to return to sleep. I never quite made it but did get into that half asleep, half awake state for another hour or so. At six thirty, Karen came into the room making some noise. She was dressed and said, "Wake up sleepyhead. I want time with you before you go to your parents' house."

"Karen! I'm not dressed!"

The bedroom door was wide open and her mother came by. She was wearing a robe. She quietly said, "Karen, you should have stayed in there all night. You would both be more rested." She grinned fiendishly as she headed toward the kitchen leaving us looking at each other in shock.

Karen said, "I don't think we're in trouble but you get cleaned up and dressed while I talk to Mom. I'll meet you in the kitchen."

I managed to clean up quickly and joined Karen and her mother in the kitchen. Karen saw me first and smiled. "We're okay, Brad. Mom checked on me last night and found my bed empty. She went to the spare bedroom where you were and saw us sleeping together. We've talked and she's okay."

I resumed breathing and smiled. Karen poured me a cup of coffee and motioned to a seat at the table. She said, "Do you realize that I won't see you again until Friday evening? We'll both be busy but this will be the longest we will have been apart." I nodded. "Move your chair back. I want your lap." I did as she asked. She slid onto my lap and leaned against me with an arm around my neck. "Brad, seriously, what do I need to pack for our honeymoon?"

I took a deep breath. "We'll be on a private island that is totally private except for supper. A chef comes to the house and prepares supper and leaves food and preparation instructions for breakfast and lunch. He or she is on the island from four until about six thirty. Saturday morning, the staff comes in to clean. Other than that, we will be alone. Clothing is optional." Missus Monroe raised her eyebrows but was grinning. "Nicki purchased suits for you to wear while there if you insist on wearing something. I figured you would have a suit or two along with a couple of sets of clothes. We might want to go sightseeing in the boat during the second week.

"When we return, we'll check on the house and then I have a RV reserved for us to vacation for two weeks while Roddy finishes the house. We'll need normal clothes then. I have an itinerary roughly mapped out for those two weeks. No fancy clothing will be needed except for church."

Missus Monroe was grinning. "I guess the two of you will come back with all over tans."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.