Into It!, Book 2 - Cover

Into It!, Book 2

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 6

In the morning, we rose, cleaned up, and went into the dining room for breakfast. Marianne had a happy look on her face. My parents joined us moments later. I smiled as we were all served. "Marianne, what are you so happy about?"

"Tom's going to take me to the prom. He's such a nice guy. We sat in the den and talked for a long time."

My father looked at her for a moment and then smiled. "Perhaps we need to meet and talk to this young man more and soon."

Marianne said, "Dad, he will be here for lunch. He's Uncle Billy 's nephew."

Anna served our plates with a smile. I had fruit to go with my usual breakfast choices. Karen had fruit along with a nice looking slice of ham. Our coffee was just right. As she was serving me, Karen gave Anna's waist a hug. It was a happy period.

Irene came in a little later. She looked terrible. I don't think she slept well and it appeared that she was hung over. Neither Morris nor Anna offered her anything. Their disapproval of her was noticeable to my father.

He said, "Irene, what would you like for breakfast?"

"Nothing, I'll pick up something on the way back to Auburn. I don't feel like eating right now."

Mom said, "I hope you'll feel better soon, Dear."

Dad said, "How are your grades, Irene?"

She said, "They're okay. I might make a 'B' in one history class but, other than that one, I'm good." She walked from the dining room carefully.

Marianne said, "I'm going to talk to her. She's not good from last night."

I nodded. To my surprise, Karen went with her. Dad said, "Karen is going with Marianne?"

"Yes, Sir. She didn't explain but she will handle things. She's an extremely competent lady and handles me quite well."

Dad grimaced. "So I have seen." I just ate quietly. My mother grinned.

It was over half an hour before a bleary-eyed Irene returned with Karen. Marianne had left to meet Tom. We would miss Sunday School and maybe church but that might be a small price to pay to get peace back into the family.

Irene was the first to speak. "Brad, Dad, Mom, I apologize. I have been wrong. I also embarrassed the family last night. Jimmy may not have been a great person but he didn't deserve to die either. I will regret my actions from last night for the rest of my life." She took a deep breath.

"Karen and Marianne both talked to me. Karen even threatened to whip my butt and I believe she would, too. I have listened. I still want to run Gilman's but I want to do it better. Grandfather started the company on its path to success but never lost sight of his values though most of us did except Brad. We needed to come back to what is important. Karen, you have the right of it. I hope Marianne will keep listening to you and not to her foolish older sister. Brad, if you will forgive me, too, I would appreciate an invitation to your wedding and will honor that invitation with the joyful and sober presence it richly deserves.

"Thank you for listening to me and I hope you'll accept my apology. I really want to be loved in a good, positive way but will have to feel my way through things for a while."

Karen looked at me. I said, "Irene, you're forgiven. I've learned from Karen, too. She's a good teacher." Karen grinned at me. I had pushed my chair back earlier and she sat in my lap before I could move.

That was always a pleasant feeling and this was no exception. It usually meant she was going to kiss me, too. This time proved to be no exception either. We finally released each other breathing heavily. Karen put her head on my shoulder and was smiling happily.

My mom said, "Karen, is there anything we can do for your wedding?"

Karen smiled, "No, Brad and I have it all handled with my parents. All you have to do is show up for the rehearsal, dinner, wedding, and reception." She grinned, "You might offer my parents a guest suite after the wedding. I won't be here or need mine if I were here."

Mom looked at me. "Brad, make the offer. We will be glad to have them."

We did make it to church and met Marianne and Tom there. They were holding hands. After church, Karen and I walked out with them. Each couple of us was holding hands. Karen said, "Bring him for the wedding, Marianne. If you ask Uncle Billy on his behalf, he will be able to get off work." She grinned at Marianne who grinned back.

Marianne rode with us since Tom was working today. She kissed him good bye and then got in the truck with us to ride back to the house. Upon arriving, Karen and I changed clothes and packed our cases. I carried them to the truck and put them in the bed. I met Karen as we walked into the dining room. My parents and Marianne were there. We sat down and my mom said, "Karen, Brad, we're glad to have you here any time. We will save Brad's room for the two of you after you marry." She grinned. "I don't guess the other room has been getting much use."

Karen said nothing and I joined her silence. Our abstinence wouldn't be believed so making a denial was a waste of time in my opinion. Karen felt the same way, I guess. We enjoyed our meal and returned to our dorms. We met in the common area after putting away our clothes and cuddled while we waited for Nicki and Charlie or supper, whichever occurred first.

It was close. They came into the dorm laughing. When they saw us, they headed our way. Nicki said, "We had a great time. Let us put our things away and we can eat together." We nodded. They took her case upstairs and rejoined us a few moments later.

We headed for the dining hall. Karen said, "You two look particularly happy this afternoon. What gives?"

Nicki said, "We really did have a wonderful time but the funny part was being caught by Charlie's sister in-law. She was interested in joining in! We turned her down until Charlie could talk to his brother. Allen, Charlie's brother, told us to go ahead because she was a cold fish." She grinned. "Charlie said that we might go fishing the next time we visited. We left for here shortly thereafter."

As we went to the dining hall and then ate supper, we described our weekend. We finished eating and Nicki and Charlie departed for my dorm room. Karen and I walked to and up to hers. She said, "Brad, it's early. Let's finish our story. If we spend a couple of hours on it, we can have it edited and all ready to turn in. That would just leave listening to the lectures and the final for that class."

I nodded and that's what we did until later in the evening. We had put a sock on the door knob when we entered. I always thought it interesting that we had a sock for privacy though we were both remaining virgins. I thought to myself that, if we weren't soon to marry, our status might have had to change.

To my surprise, I had spoken aloud. Karen said, "That's true. We would have to move our physical intimacy to the next level or stop sleeping together. Fortunately, our wedding is soon. I think I can hold out though I'm becoming a wanton woman." She chuckled. "I'm a wantin' you!" We laughed together and kissed. We finished the last touches on our story. Karen said that she would print it out tomorrow morning for class. We went to bed snuggling together tightly.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.