Don't Sleep in the Subway - Cover

Don't Sleep in the Subway

Copyright© 2015 by RWMoranUSMCRet

Chapter 50

CONCLUSION

(A Long Subway Ride into The Past and a new beginning)

The subway train was dark and the lights flickered in a way that gave me a headache that made me dizzy and unfocused. I had hoped we would soon hit the stretch where the train went onto the elevated track, but it seemed like an endless wait and we didn’t get any closer. I bounced into the soft figure in front of me in mindless silence and thought about the hardships of the revolutionary war for the average enlisted man. My studies had confirmed that they were mostly volunteer militias and rotated with the crop cycles like geese flying south for winter.

One minute I was comfortably squished in tight quarters right behind a probably unhappily married woman from Brooklyn heading into her boring job in some upscale office in midtown. I remembered how soft and yielding her fleshy bottom felt rubbing into my muscular legs on the swaying train packed so tight with humanity that it was impossible for anyone to fall down. My recollection was that my manhood was fully aroused, but I think most witnesses would forgive me my trespasses because the friction from the lady’s happy bottom was enough to arouse the dead from their lengthy slumbers.

I was uncertain if I was falling asleep or waking up or a mixture of both.

The next heartbeat found me standing in a line of uniformed soldiers jostled together, asshole to belly button, waiting to be issued a brand new musket generously furnished by royalty in France to assist us American upstarts in our fight against the redcoats of King George.

I had studied the story of the American Revolution with a fine-tooth comb finding the small details of great interest because the ultimate success was gained by a war of attrition and sheer determination. Most outside viewers look for some spectacular performance by a military power with nerves of steel. In fact, the best group of fighters in that particular fray was the German-speaking mercenaries of the Hessian Regiments that took the King’s coin and used their military skills to overwhelm the sometimes disorganized units of the Colonial Forces.

It was some time later that a fortunate turn of events right after Valley Forge led General George Washington to catch the Hessians with their britches down with a covert crossing of the Delaware River that resulted in their swift rout and defeat with heavy losses.

The fact that I was starting on a new journey into the past filled me with enthusiasm for the mundane chores of an ordinary soldier and I cleaned and oiled my weapon with eager thoughts of the fast approaching conflict.

I had the two hidden caches of tiny diamonds in my boot heel and in my silver plated belt buckle. I knew that if any emergency arose, I would be able to beg, borrow or steal my way out of harm’s way with the use of some of the little darlings to pay my way.

A small gaggle of rather plain female camp followers came teasing the soldiers at their work with their flashing eyes and nicely turned ankles.

“Any of you boys want a go? Miss Molly here is fair in a tizzy wondering which of you has the biggest long gun to make her all giddy and making sounds a nice girl shouldn’t be making all things considered.”

They pushed a shy-looking girl out in front with a terrible ginger shade of hair that made her look absolutely common with her wearing some shabby clothing probably passed down from some pitying fellow slut in an effort to something good for a change.

With the professed name of Molly, there was little doubt the girl was Irish and likely had run afoul of the King’s law to the point of being remanded to the colonies as punishment for breaking the rules of London-based society. She looked a little tired like she had been hard used the night before but I reserved my judgement because she still had that look of being a normal human being.

I rose up and beckoned her with my finger and she approached me with a look of caution.

“Yes, sir, are you interested in a nice back rub from Mistress Molly?”

It was strange how some things never change.

We headed straightaway for the empty horse stable. The horses were all eaten after the terrible winter at Valley Forge and it was a good thing they were there to take up the slack on hunger or the young soldiers of the revolution would have turned to cannibalism to survive the winter.

All of the history books recorded how bad that winter was in Valley Forge.

My present day research had informed me that a number of Indian women had come down from Philadelphia to furnish and cook food for the American soldiers much as their mothers had done before them in the French and Indian Wars only at that time the redcoats were allied with the Colonists in their struggle against the French military and the Canadian Indian tribes that wished nothing but trouble for any settlers below the glorious Falls of Niagara.

Even though the stable had no animals present, the aromas of the horse’s previous residence were heavy in the atmosphere. Still, this red haired Molly was quick to flip up her skirts and show him that she was not wearing any undergarments. It was obvious those women were working the military barracks for a source of income and he knew it was pressure of the times to have a little set aside in case of dire circumstances. He spanked her on her bottom and gave her a diamond from his belt telling her,

“You would do best to stay away from the military locations, Miss Molly and avoid the redcoats as well.”

She was confused and looked at the sparkling gem in her palm more than once not quite certain if she was being tricked or had happened on a spot of good fortune at a time unexpected.

Molly told him that the new recruits, including his unit were being sent to the Hudson River area because General Washington was concerned about the British planning to split the colonies and keep their forces spread out and too week to muster a telling campaign.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.