Luna's Rebellion
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2015 by RightingLegends

Later, when Harry had gathered his council, minus the indomitable Luna, together to hear about his adventures under the lake, it was to the amusement of everyone except for Harry when Hermione asked what Harry thought about his scores. The look of absolute befuddlement on Harry's face sent the entire room into gales of laughter.

"Harry, you just competed in a task where you not only saved two hostages in under thirty five minutes, but then you went back and saved one of your fellow champions from what she believed was certain death." Professor Vector was looking at Harry like he was some odd mathematical theorem that was eluding her understanding. "Not only did you score a perfect score, once the Ministers of Magic from Bulgaria, England, and France spoke to the judges about judging fairly, but all three of them praised you for living up to the ideals of the tournament in encouraging better International cooperation. Your daring rescue of the Delecour sisters will be front page news all across the wizarding world."

"Great. More fame and publicity is not what I need." Harry said sullenly as he thought about the loss of his first friend due to the prat's jealousy. "With Rita Skeeter out there, I am sure that they will talking about my harem and the fact that several of the professors and seventh years are carrying my love children."

"Don't forget to include me in your group Harry." Luna interjected as she came through the door, setting off the group into gales of laughter. Luna turned back to the door and motioned to someone to come in, and then turned back to Harry.

"Harry, I would like to introduce you to Sam Fastbender of Wizard Travel Toys, the company that owns Firebolt Manufacturing Inc. He wants to buy the rights to build and market Harry Potter's Water Dragon, a water craft for the distinguishing Wizard. He believes that they will be the biggest things in wizarding leisure since the Monopod."

"Hello sir, very happy to meet you. If there is interest in my water dragon, then I believe that you should talk to my council, as they were the ones who helped me to develop it."

Hannah interrupted Harry. "Harry, it was your idea to build a water craft, and none of us would have had the power to do what you did like that, all at once. It would have taken us at least a month of painstakingly precise work to do what you did in less than five minutes. All we did was come up with refinements and alternate avenues to accomplish what you wanted it to do."

"Fine Hannah," Harry said and then he turned back to face Sam Fastbender. "Sir, if you are interested in purchasing the designs for my Water Dragon, then you will need to talk to Ms. Hermione Granger as my chief advisor, along with Ms. Daphne Greengrass as assistant to my legal counsel, and all of those present will be credited with being members of the design team and will be part of the new company Marauders Design LTD, which we will get registered as soon as possible in the magical and muggle world. Now if no one objects, I could really use a nap after the day I have had." Harry shook the visitor's hand, stifling a yawn, and then half asleep he went from female to female kissing their cheeks and telling thank you for the help before he went over to the corner where a cot appeared with a wave of his hand that he quickly collapsed on, instantly asleep.

Sam Fastbender and Neville just stared at where Harry was asleep, though for two very different reasons.

"He didn't use a wand. He just conjured up a full bed set for sleeping and he didn't even use a wand. Just how powerful is he?" Sam asked as he looked at the assembled group.

"He is more powerful than he realizes, and it would behoove you to make an oath that you will not reveal his secrets, at least if you want to walk out of here with a deal, and your memories intact." Susan Bones said to the corporate representative who saw that the way to the door was blocked by a professor and two of Harry's friends.

"It is very important that no one knows about his wandless abilities before he needs them." Luna told the man she had brought to meet TBWL. "It needs to be a surprise to the people who want to cause him harm."

After the man had made his vow, it was Hannah who brought everyone's attention to Neville. "Neville, sweetie, what's wrong? You haven't said a word in the last few minutes." Hannah knew that her boyfriend was usually the strong silent type, but standing still as if he had been petrified like Hermione in second year was beginning to concern the pretty Hufflepuff.

Neville muttered something under his breath that no one heard; his eyes still unfocussed in shock. A poke in his ribs by his girlfriend got his attention and he turned and looked at her in sudden recognition. Her look of questioning intensity and a demand for answers got him to speak up. "Harry Potter kissed me on my cheek and said thanks. How am I supposed to deal with that?" The entire room dissolved into fits of giggling and it was quite a while before they were calm enough to speak to the visitor about the details of putting Potter's Water Dragon into production as designed by Marauders Designs LTD, the company that would change the world as they knew it.

Harry stood facing the entrance to the maze that symbolized the beginning of the last task in the tournament, going over the instructions Luna had hammered into his head in the last two months.

-Flashback-

"Harry, no matter what else happens, you need to get to the cup as fast as you can and take it before anyone else can. It is a portkey to your destiny and what you have been training for all your life. If you have to save any of your fellow champions, then do it quickly, and use their wand to shoot up the red sparks as that symbolizes forfeit and you will be pulled from the maze if you use yours. Once you reach the grave yard, let yourself be captured by Wormtail so that he can raise old Baldywart into a new body. When he gets a body, he will summon his followers so he can show them how powerful he is by beating up a fourteen year old kid. Once his followers come to him then you are free to use the spells we worked on to disrupt his coming out party. You will have all of their attention, allowing help to arrive; just make sure that you keep snake face's attention and your friends will handle the rest."

-End Flashback-

Now it was time for him to face his destiny, all for the general amusement of the sheeple of the wizarding world. The other champions had gathered, and after the politicians got done with the speeches that proved that they loved the sounds of their own voices, the signal was given for Harry and Cedric to enter. Cedric took off like a shot, running into the maze and turning to the left, while Harry pulled out a stick from his pocket and began tracing a circle in the ground to the side of the foreboding break in the hedge. He was still at his drawing in the dirt when Victor was sent in, followed quickly by Fleur after she kissed his cheek for luck. Finally he was ready, pleased to see that his lines and runes where in perfect symmetry, and then Harry reached into the pocket of his robe while everyone in the crowd held their breath in anticipation of what Crazy Potter would do next.

It should be noted that after Harry Potter's performance in the first and second task, and the abysmal scores that were given the youngest champion by Karkaroff for what he said was cheating by using magical devices other than his wand; it was decided that each champion would be scanned to make sure they were not holding anything magical besides their wand. To further enforce this latest ruling that seemed aimed at making Harry's life difficult, the area of the maze and its entrance were warded against any summoning spells that would bring in outside objects for help. To make sure that Harry was not cheating, Percy 'I am Anal Retentive' Weasley brought in an Auror named John Dawlish to check the contestants, and he took great pride in jabbing his wand into Harry's back, stomach, and sides while he checked him for magical signatures. When they then forced him to empty his pockets, there were several sneers directed at Harry at the contents of his pockets.

"Look at baby Potter, having a muggle toy in his pocket so he could play with himself instead of competing like a man." Dawlish taunted, soon joined in laughter by some of the slower Slytherins, including Draco, who had not learned that bad things kept happening to those who messed with Harry Potter.

Out of Harry's pocket came a bright yellow toy about three inches high, four inches long, and three inches wide that had four wheels that seemed almost as big as the toy and the word Tonka in bold letters down each side. Harry gingerly made his way to the center of the circle, making sure not to smudge any of his lines, and carefully placed the Tonka in the center before making his way back out again. Once reaching the outside of the circle, Harry raised his wand above his head and began to weave the tip in a complex pattern, all while muttering under his breath. With a flash of light so blinding, that even the contestants already in the maze saw it, lightning flashed down from the sky and created a dome of energy over Harry's circle, hiding it from view. Harry continued his chant, and then finished by thrusting his wand at the dome, which turned black as if it were now sucking in all the light around it. A cracking sound, as if a giant bird were hatching from an egg, echoed out and around the school into the deepest reaches of the forbidden forest, and then a guttural roar as if the legions of hell had been unleashed, made many of the magicals in the crowd scream in fright and then stay perfectly still as the thing Harry brought forth was revealed.

The silence was broken when one of the muggleborn in the audience said, "Blimey, I always wanted to ride in one of those." To which several other muggle born nodded their heads in agreement. The magically raised in the crowd were keeping as still as they could lest the demon named Tonka that Harry had summoned take interest in them and turn it's growling fury upon them. What was frightening them was a bright yellow snarling monster that stood around twenty-five feet high, twenty-nine feet wide, and forty-seven feet long, with four tires that made Hagrid look small. Several people later swore that they heard Hagrid coo at the demon thing and mutter about how cute it was and how it was just misunderstood.

Harry quickly climbed up the steps that led to the cab up near the top, and with a manic grin he climbed through the door, slamming it closed behind him. The demon beast Tonka roared its pleasure several times and then with an earsplitting blast of the trumpets of Ragnarok, the monster leapt forward with a shrieking scream at the head of the maze.

The maze created for the final task was a thing of magical enchantment and beauty, utilizing the talents of herbologists, charms masters and enchanters, and even the results of Alchemical experimentation. It was made to resist the most powerful of magical blasts, having features such as self-healing vines, capture fields, tangle vines, and the ability to shift around to better hide the center which held the heart of all of its enchantments. It was for all intents and purposes a living creature that was aware that it would cease to exist when one of the puny two legged fleshy creatures was able to reach and take the object that anchored its existence in the plane it was in. The maze gloried in its changing of its internal pathways so that the two legs would be led to the traps and creatures that had been put inside its pathways to protect it from destruction. Sensing that one of the two legs was bent on attacking the other two legs, the maze opened up new paths to guide it to the fire two leg since that one was the most dangerous to the glorious maze.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.