Lost Empire
Chapter 55

Copyright© 2015 - 2021 by Pars001.All rights reserved.

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick
0125 - Lars
0200 - Ellen
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0667 - Marco - Brown
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0908 - Tara - Mara
0999 - Zan
1000 - Sherry - Lucie (for the moment)


Risen’s evil smile was covering his face as he started the generators to this hidden stronghold. Let the bastard come this time! He had more than enough weapons and shields here to hold out a hell of a lot longer than any thought.

Watching as the new leader of the sect took up a position of authority over all his men. Finally the Duke thought someone who had a vested interest in ending the fake as he did. For some strange feeling he had a warm feeling about this one, maybe this one could get things done unlike the last one.

A beeping alerted the Duke that the sensors were coming on line and they were getting excellent positions on all the ships in orbit. Smiling the Duke had wanted to take one of the ships then sighed, better to just destroy all of them.

The new leader of the sect shook his head; this little piss ant was seriously pissing him off though he had learned to shut the hell up. It was about the only OTHER thing that was keeping the idiot alive. The sect was his now no one else’s. He intended to make it a power in the realm again no matter what!

Shaking his head he still couldn’t believe the original leader had been beaten as easily as he had. Especially by the one that was now that was buried deep within the Ranger’s prisons. What an idiot the new leader thought. If they had waited a few more months this would have been so easy. No the idiot had to rush forward getting the sect almost destroyed.

Pointing the new leader indicated the ships. “are we high enough on the shields for them to no longer penetrate?”

“Running calculations now sir.” A young tech said as he started to go through all the readings. “Almost there sir. This facility is well guarded with significant shield power to resist all that they can send. Though I am working on increasing them with that device you brought with you.”

“Good with it we can hold them off far longer than they think we can. Inform me when we are past the danger point. As long as we stay hidden ‘til then we should be good.” The new leader said. “Is that extent of the power you have or is there more?” The leader asked of the Duke.

“Oh there’s more if we need it believe me.” The Duke replied.

The new leader looked at the Duke a moment not really sure if he could believe the man or not.


Lucie was still trying to clear the tears from her eyes as she and Sherry entered the trans-warp. “All I can tell is that he is near the galactic edge. He was so very weak I’m not sure. Please Sherry we have to hurry!”

“Arriving now prime.” Sherry said though Lucie hadn’t noticed still listening intensely to the voice only she could hear. A moment later they broke into normal space Lucie still listening as hard as she could.

“Straight ahead Sherry I can hear him. My god he’s so weak! Keep going, are you detecting anything yet?” Lucie asked.

“Nothing as of yet. Now switching to the second set of parameters the emperor set up. Nothing yet searching.” Came Sherry’s response.

“The voice is barely stronger,” Turning Lucie was staring out past the edge of the galaxy. “I think we need to go further out.”

Sherry nodded as she started out of the galaxy moving faster the further she went. “Still nothing I ... wait I am picking up residual metal of what appears to be an EIG! Now adjusting course to intercept!” A now excited Sherry was saying.

“You got a reading on it yet? The voice is growing weaker we have to hurry. I am afraid it is going into shut down!” Lucie was almost yelling with worry in her voice. “remember when we find it not too close ‘til we know for sure.”

Sherry was nodding as she was concentrating on the task at hand. “Still searching, pinpointing all readings. Found it!” Sherry said as there was a whoosh then they appeared within twenty thousand kilometers of the brain box.

Sighing Lucie looked over to Sherry a huge look of relief on her face. “Thank goodness we found it. I ... Yes, we are here to get you. Yes, we are scanning. I see, we will do all we can, rest now.”

Sherry looked at Lucie feeling proud that she had been able to help rescue three of her brothers and sisters. A moment later Sherry got a little worried seeing the concern on Lucie’s face. “Is everything well prime Lucie?” Sherry asked.

“I’m not sure,” Lucie said as her brow was still furrowed deep in thought. “He told me that there were several deadly things attached to him. Explosive, mechanical and biological. It appears that someone or something has gone to a lot of trouble to make his retrieval as hard as possible. Can you disarm them?”

Sherry’s face was also showing concern then anger as she started to scan her brother. “It is most vile the amount of explosives they have covered him with. Working now to disarm and dislodge all of them. I am at ninety five percent, there all explosives are gone. Now working on the mechanical.” Sighing Sherry nodded. “It appears that this will take far longer to do. May I suggest you rest ‘til I am finished with them?”

Lucie breathed a sigh of relief when Sherry told her that the explosives were gone. Then again the other two concerns were worrying her a bit. “Alright though I want to know the second that they are gone.”

“Of course prime you will be the absolute first I notify.” Sherry said with a smile even though she still wasn’t catching what the EIG was calling her. Sherry sighed it made her feel so much better to have a prime even if she might only be a temporary one.

Lucie nodded as she lay down; she just hoped that all she was doing did on this mission to render the aid she was hoping it did. Closing her eyes she started to dream of her family.

It was almost two hours later that a steady beeping tone tore Lucie from the pleasant dream that she was having. “Prime?” She heard Sherry say.

“Yes Sherry? You have a status report?” Lucie asked as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

“Yes Prime,” Sherry continued on. “I have managed to remove all the mechanical devices and traps from brother’s brain box. I was about to begin the removal of all the bio-logical contaminants. I awoke you to receive permission to do this as you hadn’t ordered me as of yet.”

A little confused Lucie nodded, even as free as the A.I.s were they were still somewhat of a slave to the orders that they needed to receive. Shaking her head she had to agree with Uncle Derry, the old programmers and Techs were as paranoid as she thought she’d ever seen.

“Yes,” Lucie said to Sherry. “Start as soon as you can, I want to get him hooked to a power source as soon as possible. The sooner the better. I just hope that the emperor and your mother are back when we return.”

“I was wondering about that myself Prime,” Sherry replied. “I just received word that the emperor has returned though mother it appears has sustained damage.” With a sigh Sherry continue, “It appears it will be another five days ‘til such time as mother will be able to take over the re-gen process.”

Lucie’s eyes went wide in shock, “she is the strongest of all of you, and she is still damaged? My god.” Lucie thought to herself, “what in the hell happened while the emperor was gone?”

Sherry’s head was shaking as she went through the small amount of information that she’d received. “I’m not that sure Prime as not much information was revealed to me. I am sure when we return that more will be forthcoming.”

“I hope so,” Lucie stated as she watched Sherry start to irradiate the brain box to make it safer. “Will this take long Sherry? I am kind of anxious to return.”

“As am I Prime, I find I am missing my Zan greatly.” Sherry said a small sad look on her face. Bowing to Lucie Sherry continued, “I have to thank you Prime, were it not for you I don’t think I could have done what I did to make my Zan as proud of me as he is.”

Shocked a moment Lucie told the hologram, “I only did what I thought would help you Sherry. I saw that you were so unsure; I only wanted to help you. Even though I at first refused to believe it, you are most definitely alive. I realize that now, you were just un-experienced.” With a slight smile, Lucie continued, “I intend to make sure that you get a chance it that.”

A shocked look came to Sherry’s eyes as a few tears came to then also. Mouthing a thank you Sherry went back to work on her bother.


Derrick was going over all the data that had been supplied to him. Damn it he missed Shelby right now, the A.I. knew him far better than anyone or anything except for the human Shelby. Sitting there he was going over everything again when he received a message from Hartwell.

“Open a channel Tempro,” Derrick told the hologram a moment later. “How can I help you Admiral?” Derrick said a small smile on his lips. Yeah, he knew what the man wanted though at this point; Derrick wasn’t all that sure that the man had been punished enough.

“Sire,” Hartwell said as the hologram of the man bowed to the floor in front of Derrick. This of course elicited a soft groan from the Emperor. “I was told to inform you that I have started the search for mine and Lucie’s brother and Uncle. I believe I have isolated where they are though at the present time I am afraid that no one can really get to them.”

Derrick’s eyes shot up as he waited for an explanation. When none was forth coming Derrick sighed, “alright I’ll bite. Why in the hell can no one really get to them?”

“I was monitoring the area that I was sure they were in when I picked up strange energy readings. It appears that a very powerful defense screen is now covering the area. It also appears that they may have a power redoubler. Though as to how I am unsure.” Hartwell conveyed.

Derrick was nodding at this new information. Damn it with a redoubler they might hold out far longer than Derrick was willing to wait. “Exceptional work Admiral, this will help a great deal when we finally go in after them.” Sighing Derrick waited to see if Hartwell would say more. “What no asking to be restored to duty?”

“No Sire.” Hartwell replied sadly. “I was wrong in what I did. I accept the punishment that you have meted out. Besides as my sister would say it is undignified to beg.”

Derrick was impressed to say the least, hell this Hartwell he was starting to really like. Thinking a moment Derrick nodded. “By the way where is your sister? I almost expected her to give me a report when I got back.”

“I’m not sure sir,” Hartwell replied. “I found her wandering the halls talking to the air, when I tried to talk to her she started to cry then took off for the control room. I was right behind her when she was shouting that she had ‘heard’ another one. The Empress said Sherry now then she winked out. I guess she’s out there after another one of the boxes.”

Derrick was nodding then his eyes went wide! Another one? That made three, I hope we can keep them alive long enough for Shelby to start their re-gens. “Thank you Admiral, I will be reinstating you soon enough though for now keep on this.”

Hartwell nodded then clicked off. Shaking his head he was surprised he had no regret not asking the Emperor to be reinstated. Nodding he had to admit his sister was having a damn good effect on him. Smiling he nodded again he was liking it too! Damn he’d missed her as well as the rest of them.

Kimison and Rayburn were both chomping at the bit to get back aboard Tempro. They both just hoped that the brain box was still secure so they could start renewed action on it. They really needed the other the other ‘parent’ brain box as they were starting to call Shelby and the other. The simple fact that they could get twice as many ships back twice as fast would really help the commander.

Shelby sighed as she watched both of the men that had helped her as much as they had. She could feel that they were both anxious to get back on board Tempro to continue their experiments on the old Gregor brain box. She couldn’t blame them; though they were soldiers, they were first and foremost scientists.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.