E-peshawari
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

I moseyed.

For those of you who don't know a mosey; you have a place to go ... but not fast.

A mosey differs from a meander; a meander has no destination.

So I moseyed out to the end of the pier and started to go in front of the lighthouse. Josie hollered.

I couldn't hear what she was saying, so I trucked on back.

"Stay where I can see you ... shoo!"

She went inside the coral block house and came back out with a lounge and a brown bottle. She stripped, sat and started working on removing the pink ... ah hah! paint remover ... until she took a big slug.

Shit!

I started casting and moving inshore ... meandered a mosey ... I guess. I knew where I was headed but didn't want it to be obvious...

... until I hooked a big one. It immediately sky-danced, tail-walked, sounded and headed right for me. I was cranking for all I was worth. Thank the gods I was paying attention ... that monster had row upon row upon row after row of very white teeth ... they sparkled in the sun ... on the tips.

SHIT!

I ducked.

Flat.

I'd never seen anything like it ... thirty feet of killer instinct. Dangly feelers ... with barbs ... a spike tail ... HOLY SHIT!

Right over the top of the pier and then splashed in the lagoon. The lagoon was too shallow. Didn't care, I tossed the pole in the harbor and footed it to the block house.

Back home I'd seen sharks beach themselves catching a seal. I grabbed Josie and headed right through the coral block house.

Poor thing ... bloodied its nose on the treated sand blocks ... it thrashed around, glaring the evil red eye but ran out of air ... water? ... and flopped its way out of the harbor, past the lighthouse and cruised back and forth spitting blood and seawater until something even bigger thought it was bait.

"I've seen pictures of that," Josie said.

"Which one?"

"Both," she shuddered. "Had to be a big wave ... those hang out in deep water."

"Which?"

"Both," she said, "Some scientific magazine ... probably in a doctor's office."

The lounge was little pieces scattered from hell to breakfast. Josie noticed.

"I believe you just saved my life ... again."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.