The Loser - Cover

The Loser

Copyright© 2015 by Capt. Zapp

Chapter 12: Exploration and Discovery

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 12: Exploration and Discovery - Sometimes when everything seems to have gone wrong, something good happens. Or at least something unexpected. Loosely inspired by cmsix and others. Codes may refer to off-screen action or later chapters. There is no sex until well into the story.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   NonConsensual   Rape   Romantic   Slavery   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Science Fiction   Aliens   Far Past   Time Travel   Incest   Daughter   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Anal Sex   First   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Slow   Violence  

Dammit all. How the hell did I NOT see a frigging ravine? Why didn't I pay attention to what I was doing? Because I was too busy cussing Laarusk for all my problems, that's why. Shit that hurts. Can't even stand up much less climb out of here. I don't think it's broken though. I don't see any bones sticking out, and it looks like it's at the right angle. Damn shoulder hurts like hell too. Surprised I didn't break my fool neck rolling down here. Where's my shotgun? There it is way over there. At least I still have my backpack. Son of a ... That hurts! I never realized how hard it is to take off a backpack! Now, where's that first aid kit? Gotta put a cold pack on that ankle before it starts swelling. First I need to get the boot off ... No, I should leave it on to hold in the swelling. Geez Louise! Okay Andy, calm down. Ranting and raving is not going to do you a bit of good. Deep breaths. In through the nose, out through the mouth. In through the nose, out through the mouth. That's it. In ... Out ... In ... Out ... Much better. Now, let's get that ankle wrapped.

Two days ago I said goodbye to Etala and walked out here into the wilderness. I needed to clear my head away from 'home'. Why did they make my living space like my house? Everything looked just like it had the first time Kendra stayed with me. I kept expecting to see her walk through the door and into my arms. Damn you Laarusk! I had headed towards the setting sun, thinking I would have more daylight to travel. Who knows, I probably got an extra hundred yards a day! Between cussing the aliens and the setting sun in my eyes, it's no surprise I'm 30 feet down at the bottom of a ravine with a twisted ankle and banged up shoulder.

It's getting dark. I need to get to my shotgun before something comes along and thinks I would make a good snack. Not that I had really seen much of any kind of animals since that big cat, but I didn't want to meet his relatives unarmed! I started to hop myself the 15 or so feet to where I had seen it. I was almost there when a rock about the size of a baseball rolled down the hill and bounced of my injured ankle. I let out a string of every curse word I could think of. Could this get any worse?

Why do I ask such stupid questions. My vocalizing must have attracted some of the locals. I heard movement above me. Be quiet and maybe they'll go away.

"Hello? Is somebody down there?"

Quiet ... quiet ... don't attract attention.

"Please, if there's someone down there. I'm lost. Can you help me?"

Quiet ... wait ... Wait! That's ENGLISH!

"Hello! Yes! HELLO!! I'm down here ... I fell and twisted my ankle. I can't make it back up."

A face peeked over the edge. "I see you. That's a long way down. I'll need a rope or something. Don't go away, okay?"

Don't go away? What was I going to do, get up and run? "I'll be here." Something clicked in my mind.

Minutes later. "I can't find any rope!"

"You probably won't either. See if you can find some strong vines."

"Oh, right. Let me look. Stay there!"

Stay there ... must be a ditsy blond ... another click, like reels of a slot machine.

I finally worked my way to the shotgun. I used it as a crutch to help me stand. I looked around and saw a rock that looked about chair high just the other side of my backpack. Good thing I didn't hit my head on that! I hobbled over and sat down.

"Are you still there?"

Where else would I be? "Yep, still here. Find anything?"

"I found some vines and I think they're pretty strong. Should I throw it down?"

"Only if you tie the other end to a tree first!"

"I'm not that stupid. Maybe I should leave you here and just keep trying to find Andy."

Wait. What? "What did you say? Who are looking for?

"His name is Andy, but you probably wouldn't know him. He's not from here."

"You might be surprised. What's your name?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"So I can tell him you're looking for him."

"You know Andy? Where is he? I need to find him! Oh! Oh! Oh! You have to tell me!"

"Not until you tell me who you are."

"Okay. My name is Karen. He..." Jackpot!

" ... rescued you and Robyn from a kidnapper's trunk." I went on to tell her the story she told Kendra and I after we saved her.

"How do you know all that?"

"Because you told us when I was driving you home."

Squeal! "Andy? Is it really you? I'm so glad I found you! I ... When I..." Her enthusiasm died like a match in water. "Andy, where are we? Is this hell?"

What kind of a question is that? "I don't think so. I haven't seen any little red guys with pitchforks running around, and it hasn't been too hot."

"I'm serious Andy. The last thing I remember before waking up here was running from the slaver and him shooting at me. I think I'm dead and this is hell." she started crying.

I started cussing Laarusk up one side and down the other. All I want is Kendra and Emily. Who do I get? A ditsy 14 year old Karen. If I ever get my hands on him.

"Andy? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you mad."

"I'm not mad at you Karen. It's nothing you've done. Why were you looking for me?"

"It was strange. Just as I was waking up here, I heard a voice telling me 'Find Andy'. I don't know why, but I knew it was talking about you. Does that make me weird?"

"No, it doesn't. I'm pretty sure I know what happened and who you heard. Wait. A slaver shot you? What happened after we dropped you off? No ... we need to get together either up there or down here. I prefer up there. Can you throw me the vine?"

Soon the end of a vine landed in front of me. It was just long enough to tie around my waist. I struggled into my backpack then tied myself with the vine. At least if I fell again, it wouldn't be all the way to the ground. "See if you can pull me up!" I started climbing as she pulled.

I was amazed at how easily she was pulling me up. As I crested the edge, I saw her using a tree to help her control the vine. When I flopped over the edge. She ran and tried to pull me by my arm ... The one attached at the injured shoulder.

"Ow! Shit! Stop pulling! That's my bad shoulder!"

She let go like it was a snake and started apologizing. When I tucked it to my chest, she grabbed the straps to the backpack and pulled me the rest of the way over. I had not imagined her being that strong and said so.

"Must have been the adrenaline."

Yeah, right. "I don't think I am up for traveling at night even if I wasn't hurt. I was almost ready to set up camp when I took my tumble."

"I'm surprised you fell down there. Didn't you see it? How can you not see a ravine?"

Ouch! That stung. "I was a little distracted and had the sun in my eyes."

"So, what do you have to eat?" I held up some jerky. "That's all?"

"I have some trail mix and granola bars too," she rolled her eyes, "hey, I wasn't expecting company. We'll just have to hunt something."

"I was afraid you were going to say that."

"You have a better idea?

"Not if you are set on having meat."

"You have something better in mind?"

"Not better, but probably quicker."

"How's that?"

"Fruits and veggies. There are probably a few here we can eat."

"Works for me. Need any help?"

"Nope. Why don't you go ahead and set up camp. Boil some water if you can. I'll be right back."

Alrighty then ... I dropped the backpack and started setting up the tent. These all-in-one easy-up tents are awesome. Untie it and throw and it just pops right up. Turn the bottom side down and you're ready to go. I unzipped the flap and put the bedroll inside. I dug through the backpack and realized I hadn't brought a single cooking utensil. No pots or pans, not even a cup. I pulled out a bag of trail mix. I gathered some rocks and made a fire ring, then gathered some wood to get it going. Once it was burning, I gathered more and larger pieces. I found some long green wood we could use for skewers if something needed cooking.

Karen came back about 15 minutes later with her shirt full of assorted roots. I could see what looked like carrots, potatoes, and a few others. There were some kind of berries as well. She looked at the fire.

"Don't tell me, you don't have anything to cook on." I shook my head and she rolled her eyes again. "Men! Tell me you at least have a knife."

I pulled out my K-Bar. "Will this work or would you prefer something smaller?"

She sneered and took it. She started chopping up the various roots into pieces about a half inch thick. "See if you can find me something to make kebabs on." I handed her the skewers I had prepared. "Wow, I'm impressed." She put various slices on the skewers and laid them across the fire. "I'm not sure how this stuff is going to taste. But it's better than nothing."

While the food cooked, I told her what had taken place after we dropped her off. About finding Eris and handing her over to the police. How we found papers saying her father had actually sold her into slavery. Meeting Emily and the lights. The accident. Waking up here. My eyes were wet and my voice cracked. I told her how I had spent the first week just eating and sleeping. I told her about Etala and the 'bo' brothers. When I told her what Etala had done to the first brother, Naabo, she had something to say.

"I wish I could have done that to those slavers. See how they like having a cock shoved down their throats. Looks like the food's ready."

For being wild veggies, they weren't half bad. They would probably be better with a little butter and salt, but I hadn't brought those either.

"How long did you expect to survive out here with a knife and a bunch of snacks?"

I shrugged. "I hadn't really planned. I just needed to get out of there for a while."

"Well, you've done that. I think you should get back before you fall off a cliff or starve to death."

She was probably right. In an effort to change the subject away from my idiocy, I asked what she meant when she said she had been shot by a slaver.

"After you dropped me off, I ran into the house and told my mom what had happened. She looked at me like, well, I thought she was shocked about what happened. I asked if she was going to call the police and she said no. she did make a phone call and it sounded like she was upset with somebody. When she came back she almost looked relieved but still really nervous. I know that doesn't make sense, but that's how it was. About an hour later, her phone rang and she went into the other room again. When she came out, she asked me to run to the corner store for her and pick up some crackers. I was on my way back when a van pulled up and a man grabbed me and pulled me inside. I was really shocked to see Robyn in there all taped up again! The look in her eyes scared me. She was terrified. Worse than earlier when you had found us. She kept looking at me and then to the door. She was pleading for me to help her, but there were 3 men and they all had guns. After about 40 minutes they slowed down. Robyn lunged at the guy in the back and I opened and jumped out the door. I was running across a field when I heard the shot and felt something hit me in the back. The next thing I knew, I woke up over there." she pointed. "After what you told me about Eris' dad selling her, I think mom did the same to me, and so did Robyn's. I hope she is okay."

I didn't have the heart to tell her that I thought Robyn would be better off dead. I just prayed she wouldn't suffer for long.

"I think you were lucky to get away, Karen. Some of the stuff we found out about in that bunker was pretty nasty."

"Why do you think your alien friends brought me here?"

"I can only think of one reason."

"What's that?"

"To save me. But I have a different question. You say that happened the same day we dropped you off?"

"Yeah, the same evening, why?"

"What did they do with you for almost a month?"

Neither of us had an answer to that.

I banked the fire and got ready for bed.

"Hey Karen..."

"Yeah?"

"I only have one sleeping bag."

"That's okay, I don't mind sharing."

So we did. I must admit it was very nice having a warm body to snuggle up with, but it wasn't very comfortable sleeping with my clothes on.

The next morning I made sure the fire was completely out. I wandered off a ways and watered a tree, then came back and packed up the camp. My ankle was feeling better, but not 100%. My shoulder still ached but it was tolerable. I popped a couple of pain pills and shrugged into my backpack.

"Where to now, Andy?"

I couldn't think of a reason to continue my walkabout, so I pointed towards the rising sun. "Home"

We walked and talked until my ankle started bothering me. We stopped and prepared to make camp. I saw a large squirrel looking creature and shot it. Karen cleaned it and we had roast squirrel and veggie kebabs for dinner. Then it was time for bed.

"Andy?"

"Yeah?"

"You don't have to wear clothes to sleep if you don't want to."

"I know."

"You do?"

"Yeah, but I feel ... better if I do."

"Oh ... Andy?"

"Yeah?"

"I feel better too. Thank you."

She snuggled up to me and we fell asleep. It was the best I had slept since I arrived.

We were up with the sun again the next morning. I told Karen we should be arriving at my home by late afternoon if we kept a good pace. We had jerky, trail mix, and water for breakfast and started out. About an hour later, Karen poked me in the side.

"Someone has been following us for about 10 minutes."

I kept walking. "I know. They are curious. We look different from them."

"Them? How many are there?"

I listened. "There are at least 4. Probably a group of boys out hunting." I reached across and handed her the K-bar. "You probably won't need it, but just in case."

About 5 minutes later, a boy about 12 stepped out with a spear and pointed it at us.

"Who are you and why do you hunt in our land?"

I held out my hand, palm up, Etala's sign of friendship. "I am called Andy. I live one day's walk that way. This is my companion Karen. We are not hunting, only passing through."

"I watched you pass the other way 3 suns ago. You were alone then. Where did you get this woman? Did you trade for her?"

"I did not trade for her. She is a friend from a far away place, just arrived. We mean you no harm and wish only to pass in peace."

"What do you offer for safe passage?"

"I have only some dried meat and other food for energy. I did not intend to do any trading this trip."

"What if we just kill you and take your woman?"

Karen pulled out the K-bar and answered icily "I have been taken twice before. I will never be taken again. You will all die before you can take me."

Trying to defuse the situation, I asked "What is it you hunt? We have seen only small animals."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.