Sultry: Another Country Heard From - Cover

Sultry: Another Country Heard From

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 2

Sultry: Another country heard from; 2

If you think the bank vault room was crowded ... you'd be right.

The Seven were in their parts when then they appeared in the vault. What was even more confusing? They all had boxes.

But, wait, there's more. Seven stuck her finger in the hole, eight boxes appeared. Eight? Yes. One of the eight was for Sultry.

Sultry stuck her finger in the hole and HER box materialized. It was empty except for a note:

Past Due.

Charges for ten years:33 shells.

From Teller account:30 shells.

Balance Due:3 shells.

Impound Fee:30 shells.

Amount due:33 shells.

Auction of impounded contents:3 shells.

Finance charges on balance due:300 shells.

Storage charges on unsold auction articles:300 shells.

Due:12 conch.

See the banker.

What the fuck? Sultry thought.

The 9 dressed in Chaos finery.

Loincloth. Loincloth thong.

Leather britches, leather belt to hold up britches.

Money belt, money.

Chain-mail shirt.

Behind the neck, leather double knife rig with knives.

Leather forearm sheath rig for shirt-sleeve hideout knives, built-in bowstring arm protector.

Hemp cloth drop sleeve shirts, leather paraphernalia belt with sewn on leather knife sheaths.

Lace up knee high hard sole leather boots with riding heel and hideout sheaths for boot knives.

Knives for second belt, wood scabbard on hanger, sword.

Shoulder quiver. Short Osage Orange bow, 24 arrows.

Floppy brimmed hard crowned hat with chinstrap.

Bo Staff sling across the back.

They each carried in the non dominant hand, a local made, American western style saddle. A bridle, bit with reins, rolled-up lead rope and leather hobbles hung from leather strings attached to the saddle or hung over the saddle-horn.

Bo Staff in their dominant hand.

There was even enough in the boxes to dress Cassie Hero Caretaker ... and it fit.

That many boxes disappearing at once produced a thunderclap loud enough to make three early drinkers check outside the inn for the weather. Clear as a bell, pretty blue skies.

Sultry's trouble started immediately they exited the vault.

"Here, you. Sultry!," shouted the teller, "Banker wants you in his office this instant."

The guard, he must have been a well used 90 ... probably the oldest living human on Chaos ... struggled to draw his sword. It was rusted in its scabbard. The look he gave the crew was priceless.

"Come along, Missus."

"Most honored grandfather," began Sultry.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.