The Hurricane of 2020 - Cover

The Hurricane of 2020

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 32

We made it into the kitchen and started breakfast or, more accurately, brunch. Joan called. Eve had to run into the living room for her purse and phone. She walked into the kitchen with it. "Good morning, Joan. We're up and starting brunch."

Joan said, "May we join you?"

I nodded. Eve said, "Of course, come on. I guess you will bring Todd?"

"Yes. We're on the way to the car. See you soon."

"Okay. Bye." She thumbed it off. She looked down at her almost revealed body. "I guess I really need to be dressed now." We grinned at each other. She pranced out flipping the back of my shirt up as she left the room mooning me delightfully.

She returned a few minutes later dressed normally and looking serenely beautiful. I said, "What?"

She said, "I am a very happy woman married to a great man. I should be happy. For the first time, I really think I am."

I smiled. "I'm very happy, too. Eve, we're an 'us' and it will all work out. We do need to make some plans."

"I know, Bill. We'll talk through that this afternoon. Right now, I just want to bask in delight." She paused a second. "And eat some food. We didn't eat last night."

"Who's fault was that?"

She said it sultrily and lingeringly, "Mine. I'm glad."

I grinned at her. She said, "Bill, what are my limits in private?"

"You mean when it's just the two of us?" She nodded. "There are none."

"Good. I want to be your wanton, willing woman." She ginned. "In public, I will be the sexy, career woman who is married to a great guy." She grinned fiendishly.

"Seriously, Bill, I have three weeks in Nashville on the current schedule before a week in Birmingham. You're wanted on the show. Most of the women who wrote, and there were many, don't care what you talk about or even if you talk. One even made some suggestions that made me blush. I would like you on very soon. However, you must be on no later than the week we're in Birmingham.

"Our technical and construction crew will be fast-tracked unless the cost is totally beyond reason."

I said, "We were lucky with Horace. There wasn't as much commercial damage as there might have been. The big problems are houses and infrastructure. I can think of a commercial builder who might have a crew available. I've used them before on leasehold improvements."

At that moment, there was a knock on the door. We looked up to hear Joan's laughing voice, "Open up! It's the police!"

Eve shouted. "Joan, come on in. Hopefully, Todd has you on a leash!"

Joan and Todd came in through the kitchen door laughing merrily. Joan hugged Eve while Todd shook my hand ... He said, "Congratulations, Bill."

Joan grabbed me in a hug and Eve pulled Todd into a hug.

We all sat down at the table for breakfast and coffee. After praying, we started eating. Joan said, "What happened when you waited at the door?"

Eve said, "It was the worst moment of my life. Bill told me to put some clothes on and join him in the living room. I was crying and scared out of my wits."

She paused. "Bill and I talked and then he made a decision. He asked me to marry him and I jumped him. Todd, I'm sure Joan told you the rest of the story."

She grinned. "Next Saturday, we going to have a reception at the church unless Bill wants it elsewhere."

"We will have another on the show when Bill can get to the show either in Nashville or Birmingham. I don't know where or when else Bill might want to show me off. After all, he's going to be on national television for the one I will have."

I cringed. Eve and Joan grinned at me without merciful looks on their faces. Todd was smart. He ate industriously and kept his mouth shut.

I decided that that was a good activity and applied myself to my food also. The meal progressed rapidly. I had two calls during the meal from local friends who had heard rumors and wanted verification or for me to refute them. They were members of the church and I told them that my new wife and I would be there tomorrow morning.

As the day wore on, many people called both our phones as the news spread. I talked to our pastor and he said that the church would be available next Saturday for a reception. I thanked him and we set a time of two thirty. The calls continued through the rest of the day. We even had people come by to congratulate us. Visitors included Greg, Charles, Willis, and their spouses. Greg and his wife brought snacks. I said, "Greg, this isn't a funeral. It's about a wedding."

He said, "It's the funeral of your singleness." Everyone laughed.

I said, "What a way to go!" Everyone laughed even more. It was a fun time. A number of men commented on the beauty of my bride. I heartily agreed. It was early evening when it was just the four of us. We ate snacks for supper. Joan announced that she was staying at Todd's place in his spare room. She said that she didn't want to inhibit us! As they left, they said that they would meet us for Sunday school and church.

Eve and I enjoyed our night together as husband and wife. We showered together and I found the experience wonderful. I don't know if we were cleaner but we did enjoy the shower much more than if we had washed alone. We cooked and ate a light breakfast before returning to the bedroom to dress for church. We did spend a little extra time after we got naked.

We did get dressed and made it to Sunday school on time. We entered the sanctuary for class to applause! We were holding hands and I lifted Eve's slightly and use my free hand to wave toward her. We found seats next to Joan and Todd. Greg taught a good lesson working through John's short letters. One thing that Greg said stuck in my mind. He said, "John talks about his readers as 'little children' which would be considered condescending by today's standards. Some people consider Biblical morality out of step with current moral expectations. I personally believe there is a line between what should and should not be acceptable for Christian behavior. I draw that line somewhere between activities and words. With my words, I try not to be condescending to people. However, I do not find acceptable the actions of others that don't fit my moral standards. My morality will not change with the times. That doesn't mean I don't love and care for persons. John is writing about his experiences with Christ and tries to show a way to live. It wasn't the norm at those times and isn't now. How do you live and how to you reconcile it with the Bible? Don't answer that question out loud."

He let us think about it for a moment. He continued the lesson quoting from scripture as he went. At the end of the lesson, he said, "Two people who I consider my friends have changed their status. Bill and Eve are now married not that is unknown by now." We were given another hand. Greg prayed and we waited for the service to start. People flocked to talk to us and congratulate us.

We had lunch at our house. I drove Eve and Joan to Luverne to meet their plane for the flight back to Nashville. I drove back to my motel. I unloaded and then drove around the corner for a quick supper before turning in for the night. Eve sent me a text that they had arrived safely.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.