The Hurricane of 2020 - Cover

The Hurricane of 2020

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 11

That ended the drama for a while. I continued to eat from the excellent buffet while Eve went to her dressing room. After a moment, Joan joined her. She came out later and said, "Eve and I want to talk to you over lunch again. We need help with a guest."

I said, "Whatever I can do, I will be glad to help. This seems to be that week."

Joan smiled at me and said, "Good."

The show went off without a hitch and Eve seemed to be happier with it like she was yesterday. Once everything was over, she came to me and said, "Okay, miracle worker, let's have some lunch. Joan is coming with us. We need your help again."

The limo took us to a different restaurant. It was darkly romantic and Eve made it a point to sit close to me. We were at a small half round table and they were sitting across from each other with me in the middle.

Joan said, "I have picked out a guest that I have wanted on for a while. Eve has told me that it's hopeless but I haven't given up. I still want this person. There is a great story and our listeners will be entranced by it."

I said, "Have you approached this person yet?"

Joan said, "No. Eve told me not to do it. I want her permission so I can give it a try."

Eve said, "What do you think, Bill?"

"I think that no one could refuse the two of you. It would take a real fool not to be willing to be on the show."

Eve said, "Joan, you have my permission. I think you will have success. If there is one thing true, this person is not a fool." I suddenly felt uncomfortable like I had been had.

Joan said, "We are asking together, aren't we, Eve?" Eve nodded grinning. Joan continued, "Bill, we want you on the show. You can tell the story of the hurricane and ham radio better than anyone. If you don't think I'm serious, I will get a lake for you to walk across!"

I muttered, "Crap!" I looked up at the two who were smiling at me. "That was a nice trap and I walked right into it. Does that mean that I should wear a suit tomorrow with a tie?"

Eve said, "Yes, dear heart. However, only if you're willing. I have wanted you on ever since I promised I wouldn't ask you or tell people who you are."

"So you got Joan to ask?"

"Yes and no. I had given up. Joan pushed me this morning to have you on the show. I gave into my desire and told her to give it a try. She wanted me with you because it would be harder for you to say 'no' in my presence. I told her that you still might because you don't really want the limelight. Now, people all over the nation will see the hunk I'm trying to capture." She grinned.

I said, "About that, I would hope you would be circumspect on the air."

Eve said, "Wouldn't you tell people on the radio?"

"No. I always assume that the entire world is listening including those who would do evil. I do not speak of future hopes. I don't talk politics on the air. I'm careful talking religion, too. Most hams are Christians but beliefs are still different. There are many different points of view. I have friends who have both liberal and conservative points of view. I do not tolerate either group denigrating the other group on the air or elsewhere. There are some who think I'm liberal and others who think I'm conservative. I have called down both groups. Hate speech is hate speech."

I gave my body a shake. "That's enough of a sermon for a Tuesday." I smiled.

"Ladies, you have your victim. What do I need to do to prepare? Cover my body in barbecue sauce?" Joan giggled.

Eve grinned. "If you will do that when we get back to the condo, I will lick you clean."

I gulped. "Uh, I was being rhetorical."

Eve grinned even more. "I wasn't."

Joan was now smiling though was a bit wide-eyed. She whispered, "I wonder where she would start."

I think she was talking to herself but it was loud enough for both of us to hear. Eve said, "That would be a tough decision. There are so many good parts." That started the two of them giggling. They looked at my face and it turned into laughing. I finally joined in. Before more comments could be made, our server brought our food. I immersed myself in the food which was great. I was reminded of a story a lawyer friend of mine told me. The punch line was that, "When you're in it up to your neck, keep your mouth shut!"

We returned to the studio and went inside. A new promo was quickly shot with Eve saying a special guest would be on that she has wanted to get on her show for weeks. I felt like the "fatted calf." She even said that this person had been remaining anonymous at his choice but she finally got him to reluctantly agree with the help of one of her valued assistants.

She finished up and came to me. She put her arms around my neck and said, "Thank you. I truly appreciate you letting Joan and I trap you." She kissed my lips gently. "I have to make a call. You should call Linda."

I nodded reluctantly. I heard her calling. I keyed in Linda's number I said, "Linda, this is Bill."

"So, how's Atlanta and your girl friend?"

"They're both fine. How are the kids?"

"They're fine as is my Bill. You didn't call for a weather report. What's happening?"

"I got trapped. I will be a guest on Eve's show in the morning. I figured I had better tell you because, if I didn't and you missed it, I would be in trouble."

"That's true. I'll even record it. The kids and Bill will enjoy seeing Grandpa and his girl friend on TV." She giggled. "How is that working?"

I was far enough away that no one could hear. "Good and bad. I have told her that living in Atlanta or Nashville and being involved in the show would not work for the long haul. Linda, I would like it to work but our daily lives are very different. That's a problem."

"Be patient, Dad. I know she cares for you deeply."

"I care for her deeply, too. Meshing our lives just may be impossible without one of us giving up who we are. That would be a disaster."

Linda said, "Don't quit on her though I really don't have to say that. You aren't a quitter. We love you, Dad. No matter how things work out, that will be true."

"Thanks, Linda. I'll be in touch. Bye."

"Bye, bye, Dad."

As I was walking around, I heard Eve say, "Call a few in church, too, Martha. We'll be down there this weekend. Bye, bye." Eve closed her phone and looked at me. She grinned.

Looking at me, she said, "It should be interesting this weekend."

I said sarcastically, "Thanks."

"What's on the list for the remainder of the day?"

"Back to the condo and then another good supper out." She smiled. "Bill, I really am enjoying our time together. I'm gratifyingly amazed by you."

I decided to let that comment go. We left the studio by limo and returned to the condo. Once inside, Eve said, "I would like to exercise. There is also a hot tub and pool there so a swim suit is not out of place. I wear mine under my shorts and top. You could just wear a tee shirt over your trunks with your sneakers. Towels are down there. I usually wear my damp suit back here." I nodded and went into my room to put on my trunks and a tee shirt. I laced my sneakers with my short socks protecting my feet.

We left for the exercise area by elevator. It was well designed and complete. Most of the floor was used for the room. She gave me a quick tour and I saw the indoor/outdoor pool. It was quite luxurious. I used a few machines that I recognized from my local "Y" and ignored the rest.

Few people were in the area since it was working time for most people. We got sweaty. Eve came over and said, "Let's get in the pool." I nodded and followed her. She looked very good in her gym shorts. We reached the pool area and she removed her shoes. I did the same, putting my socks in my sneakers. I pulled my shirt off. I looked over at Eve and stopped moving.

Eve had removed her tee shirt showing a string tied with a bow going across her back with another at her neck. That was an attention-getter, however, next were her shorts dropping to her ankles. My mouth dropped with my jaw bouncing off the floor a few times. I had seen pictures of string bikinis but had never seen one in person nor had I thought about how classically fantastic her bottom might actually be though I had seen her in skirts, slacks, and even shorts. This was so bare, I could scarcely bear it. [Ed. note: Sorry for the pun. It will get worse for a few lines.]

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.