The Hurricane of 2020 - Cover

The Hurricane of 2020

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 7

It stayed quiet while we both thought about what was said. I had to admit that Eve's last statement about daily personas was accurate. If we couldn't figure things out on a daily basis, nothing else might get a chance to matter. It was an issue that concerned me greatly.

We talked a bit after that but about inconsequential things. The real issue for our relationship to continue to grow wouldn't be known until after a few days. On the other hand, Eve is an intelligent woman with knowledge about many issues. We found agreement on many things from politics to general relations. Our thinking about money and how to handle it were very agreeable.

It was time for supper when we arrived at the perimeter highway around Atlanta. Following Eve's instructions, I headed into town. She said, "Are you hungry?" I nodded. She said, "Do you like Chinese food?" I nodded again with a smile.

"Fine, Bill. I will call for delivery. What's your favorite?"

"Hunan beef with hot and sour soup. Eve, whatever they have that they do well would be fine. The only thing I don't like is egg drop soup."

She smiled. "I don't like that either." She made a call and asked for a double order of each to be delivered in forty minutes. I had removed the external antennas and placed them in the back seat area of the car before we left my home. I wasn't worried about getting into her parking garage with regard to height. She gave me a pass code. I keyed it in and drove in. She directed me to her designated parking place. We grabbed our cases and went to the elevator and rode up to her condo. Thankfully, there was more than one on the floor. I was worried for a moment.

We wheeled our cases in and I closed the door. When I turned, she was there putting her arms around my neck and kissing me hard. I did my best to kiss her back.

We broke the kiss when the door bell sounded. It was our meal. She signed a ticket which included a tip. We left our cases and went to eat. She prayed a blessing on our meal and our time together. The food was excellent. "Eve, this is great. One thing I miss at home is good ethnic restaurants. We have a couple of really good home cooking places that I enjoy but nothing ethnic. That and good doctors are the trials in living in the country."

She said, "We'll hit some of the better ethnic places this week. Atlanta doesn't necessarily have the best food in the country but it's quite good."

We enjoyed our meal. After finishing and cleaning up, we put our cases away. I came out to the living area and saw Eve sitting on the couch. She wiggled her finger at me to approach and I walked over and sat down next to her. She said, "Bill, how do I introduce you? Are you my rescuer, a friend, a lover? I know what I want but I sense that isn't happening for you, at least not yet."

Her eyes were driving straight into mine. I gathered my thoughts. "I guess that's the question that we will be trying to resolve this week. My son has asked me twice, 'Where is this going?' and I have told him that I was unsure. There is a powerful attraction between us. You're gorgeous, intelligent, and comfortable to be around..."

She said, "But."

I nodded. "But, how do our lives as we live them mesh? I don't think I'm cut out to be your consort. On the other hand, living in a small town is not something I think you would like over time. There are limits of many kinds. Your type of career doesn't work down there simply because the opportunity isn't there."

I paused and sighed. "I'm not sure where that leaves us."

"Bill, I've thought about little else since I returned to Nashville. I realized it even more this weekend. One thing I absolutely do know. You aren't cut out to be a consort and I have known that I didn't and don't want one. However, that's the pigeonhole that many people will try on you while we're here. It will be even more true in Nashville where there is a sad history of celebrities with spouses who just hang on. I would 'not' want you demean yourself or me by accepting that role. That means we will have to fight for an 'us' that is on an equal footing."

I thought for a minute and then said, "Eve, that means that I may have to be disagreeable to some extent with some people."

"I know. I will, too. Most of the people you will meet are intelligent but they don't realize how much they are formed by their environment in reaching their opinions. To many, the idea of a couple being equal but different is actually foreign. They will have to be reeducated.

"Bill, I really don't want to spend the evening talking about that though I realize it's important. I want to be kissed. I want to feel your hands on my body." She chuckled mirthlessly. "Is that graphic enough? You're alone in her condo with a woman who is throwing herself at you. Take advantage of the opportunity!"

I pulled her into my arms and kissed her. In moments, we had moved around until she was straddling me and we were eye to eye. Everywhere she touched me was hot. I managed to keep my hands off the private parts though they were plastered tightly to me. We held each other and moaned with delight. I didn't go further though she was not only permitting it but actively encouraging it. I knew that I wanted a firm foundation before more physical loving could occur. When she thought about it, she would feel the same.

Suddenly, she pulled back. "Enough! Bill, I have no resistance to you but I don't want this to go any further right now."

I nodded in agreement. "Let's talk, Eve. There is still much to be said and talked through."

We didn't talk. We maintained our position but just held each other comfortably. We both gradually relaxed. Finally, Eve said, "I had better go to bed. The car will come for me at six."

"Four hours to get ready?"

"The ride takes ten to fifty minutes but I have to go over the guest list, current events, and get made up. Finally, I like to greet my guests and the audience before the show starts."

"Eve, may I come with you?"

"I was hoping you would."

She told me that there was a breakfast buffet laid out for all the people in the studio along with plenty of coffee. I made coffee for two in the morning. Five o'clock came early! I got moving, started the coffee, and showered. I dressed and went into the living area. Eve came out dressed casually though bathed. Even without makeup, she looked great. I gave her a travel mug of coffee that I had fixed and a kiss. I took a mug for me and we left her condo.

Downstairs, we waited for less than a minute when the "car" drove up. It was, of course, a limo. We got in and rode to the studio. It took twenty-five minutes. We went in a side entrance.

Inside, she was mobbed by her "staff" with information and problems. I had entered with her but was ignored. I listened. This was a disorganized group. I think Eve lost her patience with them. She said, "Stop! Melody, your stuff will wait and I will start the conversation. Nick, figure out a solution and get back to me later. Joan, sit down with us over breakfast and we will talk about it. All of you, you have embarrassed me in front of my friend." They were subdued.

Eve grabbed my hand and led me to the buffet table. We selected food and more coffee and found seats. It took a second because she insisted that we sit together and her assistants wanted her attention still. We sat down and started eating. Joan sat with us and began to talk.

She said, "I need to go over your schedule for this week and next week."

Eve glared at her. "How," she asked, "do I have a schedule for next week? I have told everyone I am taking a real vacation."

Joan cringed. "We received calls from two major sponsors who want to see you next week. They were quite insistent."

Eve said, "That's simple. Unless they want to come to me where I am vacationing, the answer is 'no.' I am not ruining my time with Bill for anyone or for any reason. Is that clear?"

Joan said, "Yes, Ma'am. What do I tell them though?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.