Accidental Crossroads
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

"What do you mean ... who said?" Cassie asked.

"Who said they had to be heroes?"

"Crossroads," Cassie said.

"A planet can decide who goes and who doesn't?" Said The One.

The ceiling, even though he couldn't See anyone, decided that John, the ever tricky, had brought someone with him. He instructed:

The Great War had destroyed the people and culture of Cassandra. An exchange of artificial viruses had turned men into weaklings with very low sex drives. Worse, their bodies produced a protein that destroyed sperm with X chromosomes. The women had proteins that destroyed sperm with Y chromosomes. Many of the man and women were sterile since they were affected with both proteins. A very few men and women were able to breed with each other, but the children resulting from such coupling tended to be sterile. Very few children were actually fertile.

The race was quickly dying out until they had discovered the portal to Crossroads. Investigations had led them to discover that the sperm of men from Earth were resistant to the enzymes of the women. When they tried to import men from Earth, the equipment of Crossroads would not allow it. Further investigation revealed that there were rules that had to be followed for the equipment to function. The man must save the woman from dire circumstances and the rescue must take place on a planet named Chaos. Without the rescue, the woman from Cassandra would never get to couple with the man from Earth. The children produced by such a union were often fertile and able to produce children of their own. It wouldn't be long before the population of Cassandra reached a half million once again. The Portal: Gateway to Adventure Lazlo Zalezac

"What he said," said Cassie, she gathered her breath to continue.

"Wait ... before you suffer from hoof in mouth disease: Remember ... we've been to Chaos ... and back."

"You must be heroic," Cassie settled that. "The only way you come back is if you're a hero."

"But we didn't rescue anybody," The One raised its voice ... just a little ... no tiles fell, no glass shattered, no earthquakes render the floor.

"You can't go home until you rescue a damsel," said Cassie Caretaker.

The Seven manifested themselves into One, the voice was harmony personified. "John hasn't been to Chaos. Why does he have to stay?"

"By coming back, he signified acceptance of a binding contract," Cassie said, "Because you came with him ... you get to go, too."

"What?"

"Congratulations, Hero John Flintkote, You have a Hero Companion. She looked at the ceiling, "Lessee ... The One is Seven ... I need seven (7) Rules for Heroes Companion Rulebooks"

The requested books went thump on the desk.

"You each get one. So ... get over yourselves and read up. There will be a test."

"We can walk right back out the door we came in," said The One.

"So ... do it," said the Ceiling. That was similar to saying Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Oh ... we're not saying they didn't try. They did.

They couldn't find the way back to Earth.

John and Cassie retired to the bedroom. John proved that sex with virile Earth-man only got better every time ... every time ... every time ... as long as the Restorative held out ... so did John.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.