Accidental Crossroads - Cover

Accidental Crossroads

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 14

Accidental Crossroads: 14.

Some time later, after several rounds of restoratives, John and Cassie were in bed and cuddling.

"This is so nice," Cassie wiggled in closer, "If a girl can get a Cassandrian guy in bed ... they don't cuddle. They're not interested in a girl's day. They don't pet or stroke," she shivered as John ran a hand down a silken flank. "Little kisses never happen," John took the hint, she sighed. "This is wonderful."

"Well," said the Seven, "The mating habits of the Cassandrian female are certainly something to see."

Sure enough, when John felt like he still had a handful of the Powers that Be ... he did. Even if nobody could see them. This private snuggle time was precious and the Powers picked a piss-poor time to show themselves.

"Who are you?" Cassie cried. "How did you get here? Guards!"

"Won't do any good, Cassie," The Powers that Be said, "On this planet, you have to have a previously observable physical connection with a Watcher to see us."

Ceiling said, "Cassie? Is something wrong? Is there someone there?"

"Where have you guys been?" asked John, "I thought I felt you."

Cassie looked daggers at him.

The Powers said, "Checking things out. Interesting place you have here. This is Cassandra?"

When the Powers are together they speak in seven part harmony. It's melodious and quite charming ... unless you happen to be a naked Cassie, then it's uncomfortable.

"Crossroads, it's a connection between Earth and Chaos." Cassie said. She was trying to find clothes. "I don't know why I'm telling you anything ... completely against the rules." She looked up, "Ceiling? Will you dress me please." She was.

"The bank on Chaos is interesting." TPTB said.

"You WENT to CHAOS?!? How did you get back? Which bank? What's going on?" Cassie moaned, "I am so fired."

"Nobody saw us, the place stinks ... horse droppings and human droppings too." The Seven separated ... it's always a little nauseating when they do that. "John, you might have solved a problem."

"What?" asked John.

"The Earth is going to die in 2200," said Seven.

"What?" said Cassie and John.

"Nooo" said Cassie. "Cassandra needs the Heroes! Earth Can't die!"

"Cassie?" said the ceiling, "Who are you talking to?"

Sam said, "Earth is dying?"

"What problem?" asked John.

Six snapped his fingers and said, "Sure, we'll take the worthy innocents and colonize the planet. No politicians."

The rest of TPTB said variations of, Great Idea, and They can clean it up, and Solves the problem, and Seven, you've done it again!

"Wait! Cassandra needs Earth," Cassie said. "My planet will die..." she started sobbing. In between sniffles and sobs, she said, "You can't ... we need the heroes."

"It's not something we do," explained The Powers. "It's something the people of Earth do to themselves. We're trying to change history and stop it."

"But ... Cassandra needs the offspring of Earth heroes to survive," Cassie said.

That caused the Ceiling to lecture about the war and the aliens and Cassandra's war and the biologicals that made Cassandrian males less aggressive, which in turn, made them passive and that led to a non interest in sex.

It was like the earth island that had rats jump ship and someone imported snakes to eat the rats which led to pigs to eat the snakes which led to the pigs eating the yams that fed the population. Now it's an island of pigs.

"How about we send the worthies to your place?"

"They have to be heroes."

"Who said?" exclaimed Four.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.