Accidental Crossroads
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

“The smartest men on Chaos are usually the best criminals. They organize, recruit, establish a power base and exploit their local neighborhood. They always seem to think they are at the top of the heap. So does the guy in the next exploitation area. They forget there is always someone smarter, trickier and more dangerous. The richest are never rich enough. There is an ongoing power struggle,” Cassie said, “Nobody wins. The people lose. There are good people ... the farmers, foresters, fishermen ... good people. So used to being exploited they won’t stand up for themselves.”

“Your mission is to free the Damsels.”

“When do I start?”

“You go home, set your house in order, come back in three weeks. The next time you walk in here you can’t go back until you rescue a Damsel and give her her reward. If you don’t come back,” she shrugged.

The talking had been interspersed with trips to the bedroom, meals, romance ... all in all ... after the three weeks in the Restoration Chamber ... John had had a marvelous six weeks.

The ceiling had this drink ... a restorative, Cassie called it ... that would have made John a billionaire if he could take it home. Completely satiated sexually, a glass of that concoction and both of them were ready, willing and in the middle of that big bed again.

Because Cassandrian women didn’t keep score, they didn’t set records ... but they were both very well fucked when Cassie sent him out the door for home. He came out wearing the same clothes he was wearing when he made the trip. The watch was in his pocket.

Little Miss Sultry Voice wasn’t around. He walked down the stairs. His tools were still right where he left them.

“She’s not much of a housekeeper ... the place still smells like shit,” he said. “Six weeks. There should be some kind of improvement. The place looks just like it did when I left.”

He walked out the front door. The hose was still across the drive ... the grass was still wet ... the shit smell was redolent.

“What the Hell?”

Forty-five minutes later John was still trying to get a grip when Miss Sultry Voice walked up the path with two sacks of groceries.

“Here, carry this one. I’ll give you your change in the house.”

She sniffed him, “Wow ... you smell good. Did you get a shower?” She looked at the hose. “Haven’t you put that away yet?” She shook her head. “I know you’re just recovering but you could have at least rolled that up.” She marched up the stairs to the porch, the shovel was by the door. “You haven’t even washed off the shovel. Lookit, Mr. Flintkote. I can’t do it all. I admit I took an hour to get the groceries ... what?”

“Say that again.”

“I took an hour.”

“Stop. What day is it?”

“Same as it was an hour ago. Wednesday.” She looked him over carefully. “Are you alright?”

“Fine, I’m fine ... do you know what time it is?”

She looked at her Timex, “10:46, by this old thing ... I know it’s right at least twice a day ... even if it’s stopped.”

He took the gold watch out of his pocket, pulled out the stem and twirled it until the big hand was on 10 and the minute hand was on 46. “10:46,” he said and pushed in the stem to set watch in motion.

The second hand didn’t move ... no tick ... no tock. He shook it. No movement. He tried to wind the spring ... nothing. Nothing at all.

“Nice watch.”

“Thanks ... it’s part of the estate.”

He put it back in his pocket.

“Let’s get these groceries put away.”

He opened the screen door and stood back so she could enter first.

“My, my. A gentleman. There aren’t many in this part of the country. Thank you, sir.” and she walked in the door.

As she walked by, she kissed his cheek, “You shaved. Lordy, you smell good. It makes me want ... never mind.”

She blushed. It had been a long time since her last blush ... six years ... she was 12 and the neighbor boy had ... well ... he had. That day she learned about what a penis was for and that was the last time she called it that. Cock, dick, Johnson, ding-a-ling, schlong, pecker, dong ... and a whole bunch of other things. It made the itch in her kitty go away.

By the time the day was over she had been throughly fucked in three holes ... and liked it all.

By the time she was 14 she’d had every unmarried man and boy in town and half of the married ones. She caught one time ... the preacher man, her mother threatened to raise a fuss. So, they made a trip north over the mountain to that other Virginia and the madam of the house fixed it so she wasn’t ... that ... anymore.

Her voice wasn’t her best asset. She looked like a 17 year old Gene Tierney. (http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Tierney,%20Gene/Annex/Annex%20-%20Tierney,%20Gene%20(Sundown)_01.jpg) She had a way of looking at men that made them crazy. John never noticed. The perfect woman was just two doors away ... the closet.

Adding the bedroom hair, the overbite, and the eyes together, she was as nice looking as any American girl John had ever seen.

He looked again ... yup ... pretty. But Not beautiful ... he Knew beautiful.

He gathered up the tools and put them back in the kitchen drawer. Capturing the shovel from the porch he turned on the hose, cleaned up the shovel and put it in the back shed.

He coiled up the hose after making sure it was drained ... If it was full of frozen water in the winter and he needed it ... it wouldn’t work ... so he drained it. He took the hose to the shed and checked the hydrant for drips.

He ran up the stairs and took the attic steps two at a time. Sure enough ... full of antiques ... some were pre-Revolutionary war. He was rummaging through the drawers when she found him.

“What?” he said. The look she had was ... he didn’t know ... but she was looking like...

“I fixed some soup and sandwiches. Come eat. It’s well afternoon.”

She moved to help him down the stairs but he just ran down them. That got another look.

“What?”

She shrugged and followed him down. It was the same with the main staircase. Odd ... this morning he could barely move ... she shook her head and used the balustrade.

He was waiting in the kitchen. She moved to her chair and he moved to seat her. When he was sure she was comfortable he seated himself. Picking up his spoon he waited. She hesitated for a long moment, picked up her spoon, dipped a sup and supped it. Only after she had started did he attempt a bite.

“Oh, this is good, I didn’t know I was hungry ... What?”

“You seem different ... more alive. You’re moving better.”

“It’s nice to have a home. I hope you’ll stay. We never did talk wages. I need to go see my lawyer and see what I can pay.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.