A Good Man
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2014 by PARS001. All rights reserved.

The Queen was nervous, it had only been a few days since Mage Tom had done any healing to her daughter. Her daughter was still unstable at times, they had to tie her down to keep her from hurting her self or others, just as the Mage Tom had warned. Still after all he had done so far Queen Aladar was certain that he was the only one who could help her, she prayed that he could help her. She was the only daughter the Queen had and she wasn't about to give up without a fight. Knocking at his door, it was opened and the Queen and her daughter were taken in even more nervous now she once again said a silent prayer that mage Tom could heal her.

Tom had been preparing for this since the Queen and her daughter had left a few days ago. Tom had ask many questions of many beings and was certain he had all he needed to heal the young girl. His search for Malamon had hit a wall since Malamon was so hurt. He felt sorry for the young pixie but what he had learned in just a few days would go far to the healing he was to preform. The young girl was laid on the bed bound for her and others protection.

Tom looked on watching the girl, wild eyed, struggling to escape the demons and terrors that only she could see. Drawing closer she was even more terrified of him, Tom knew that Malamon had planted horrible visions in her mind that activated when he was near. Starting to move in and out Tom delved into her tortured mind, as he suspected much of what he had healed had been undone but her mind was some what stronger. Working his way down, healing all the way he neared where he'd stopped before, then he had to slow, as he removed, it seemed inch by inch of evil.

Reaching a point much deeper than he had before he felt she was still in the grip of unholy terror, Tom prayed that her strength had increased enough that she survived this. Almost 3/4 of the way into her mind, Tom, began to see horrible visions that he removed as fast as he could but he knew the worst were yet to come. he could feel her mind trapped like an animal in a corner fighting to survive, he felt the hope she still had and felt her strength grow slightly as he grew nearer. Slowing even more, Tom saw just how much Malamon had tried to destroy her mind and vowed that the next time they met they wouldn't meet again, be it him or Malamon that didn't walk away.

After reaching 80% to the bottom of her mind Tom had slowed to the point that it took 20 minutes just to clear the area he was in. He could feel her mind so close now but the evil planted in her mind was so thick it was taking a lot longer than he thought it would to reach her. Tom was close now but he'd been at it for over 3 hours and there was so much still to clear, an idea hit him at that moment, building up a charge of energy different than any he's ever used before he released it much like his sonic wave on the men. At first it did nothing but after only a few minutes the way began to clear till after 30 more minutes almost everything was gone.

Emerging from a protected place, the young pixie rushed to Tom holding him almost afraid to let him go. <We have to make our way to the surface your mother is worried about you> Tom told her.

Kissing Tom fiercely on both cheeks, tears streaming from her eyes she replied, <I never gave up, I knew that you would come just as you did for my friend, > laughing she took Tom's hand and lead her the long way back out. Stopping only briefly to plant the happy thoughts, Tom told her he'd be there when she awoke with that he exited. Withdrawing Tom was surprised to see he'd been at it for over 5 hours and by the worried looks on the faces of those present, they must have thought he'd might not make it.

Standing up his legs severely cramped Tom waited for the girl to awake, his patience was soon rewarded. Opening her eyes she shouted and hugged her mother fiercely as tears fell freely from both their eyes.

The Queen stood and elegantly curtsied and then bowed low, there were many shocked gasps in the room much as when the fairy Queen bowed to Tom so was this. "Mage Tom, I am forever in your debt if ever you have need of us the pixies will be there without delay. We owe you a life and that of the royal family."

Tom bowed to the Queen then realized that he was more exhausted than he thought, as he was coming up he felt the familiar light headedness and promptly sat.

Frilly rushed to Tom a worried look on her face, he needed to take it easy she still had her favor to ask him. Tom was fighting to stay conscious but was afraid that he was going to lose this fight. Telling everyone he was glad to help, he managed to keep up till Talinda was about to go, then just as suddenly the world went dark as Tom slumped to the floor causing Frilly to start screaming while Talinda was trying to prop Tom up his head close to smashing on the floor.

Tom had been tired before but this beat all, he felt as if the energy had been vacuumed out leaving him like a rag doll, Tom was afraid that Malamon was about to attack his home and that wasn't going to happen. Fighting and clawing his way to consciousness Tom was determined to protect everyone, even as weak as he had gotten him, Tom still knew that Malamon still had a lot of power even with the amount of powers that Tom had sealed off from him. Sighing Tom was impatient to finally take Malamon down so that the people of both worlds would finally be safe.

Opening his eyes Tom began to feel around sure that at any moment Malamon would be on his door step. Frilly flew near looking at Tom with wide amazed eyes, for the amount of energy he had expended she was sure he wouldn't wake up for days. Tom was gathering in all the energy he could preparing for Malamon's attack, but after 2 hours nothing. Tom was almost disappointed but the chance to rest and restore his energy was a welcome respite. Finally high enough he began to strengthen the shields around his home, though with Malamon as high as he could get them would just be a nuisance to him. Tom was so tired of the hide and seek game that Malamon was playing, Tom just wished that he'd come out in the open and fight, get this over with.

Thinking about his plans Tom thought it was just about time to get the ball rolling. Talinda's eyes got huge she'd never seen anyone recover as fast as he had, not after using that much energy, Tom stepped out of bed getting dressed at the same time.

"Frilly I have to go out, you are the only one I trust with this," whispering he leaned close, "I think I know where Malamon is I am going out to the tower to confront him, don't tell anyone I am going alone and I am weak so if I don't get Malamon alone I could die."

"Please be careful sir, you are still needed here," Frilly said shaking.

Heading out Tom flashed out to an abandoned tower at the corner of an old amusement park, though this time he really didn't expect to see him there, Tom was well prepared just in case, he'd been taking in energy the whole time.

Looking around Tom could see that this was a perfect place for an ambush, Tom wanted to make sure that he wasn't the one that was. Tom worked for a few hours to make sure he had everything ready for the next time he and Malamon met, looking at one of many gadgets he had planted, Tom knew he was ready, laughing he thought of the many ideas he had gotten. Someone like Malamon who used almost all magic wouldn't be prepared for non-magic traps or those that weren't made from magic.

Arriving back home Tom put away the extra traps he had taken though these were only parts and not easily recognizable. Frilly flew to him a look of worry on her face, leaning very close she whispered, "Tom sir, there is a Centaur waiting for you in the next room, he is large and scary and he appears to not be too happy."

Tom smiled but prepared for anything, stepping out the huge being limped forward stopping right in front of Tom. "I take it you're this great fucking Mage Tom," he spat out. "Off helping the weak creatures and not the strong like my herd/tribe what say you mage?"

"I am open to help all beings, I have told all that, as long as you not prey on the weak and helpless for gain of the world or a whole 'nother race." Tom replied wondering what was going on now.

"Then come we have need of your services, if you are who you say you are," the centaur said touching Tom's arm and they flashed to a glen in the Centaurs territory.

A female Centaur stepped forward, "Hail king Tonk, the Queen is near term there is nothing the healers can do, who is this human? His odor is offensive to me!" Stepping forward with a raised spear her eyes flew wide when she found she couldn't take another step. "Release me you spawn of the unholy!" King Tonk's eyebrows raised, hmmm he has some power after all he thought, old power at that.

"He is to be given free rein in the village but watched this is the Mage Tom." The female Centaur's eyes flew wide after Tonk said this. "First, though, we need you to watch and make sure none interfere," nodding she glared at Tom as Tonk led Tom to a large house.

Inside Tom felt the many charms and wards that were there to stop almost all magic Tom only found them to be a minor annoyance. Led to another area, where Tom saw a female Centaur obviously in distress, "This is my wife Ellen, she was due to deliver several hours ago, this distress started and I was told that you could help, know this Mage, if she dies or the baby, then you die. I know you are supposedly battling Malamon and I don't care, save her to save your self!"

Raising his eyebrows Tom just stared Tonk down, "If I save her it will be the right thing to do and as for dying, I guarantee I would take at least half this village before you even touched me! If you want me to demonstrate I can start with you, I am here at a request not as a prisoner."

Tonk smiled and looked at his wife going to her when she groaned.

"It is good then, we wouldn't have a weak being birthing our child." With that Tonk moved back and allowed Tom to examine her, after a few minutes Tom looked at Tonk, "who told you there was only one child?"

Taken aback a moment Tonk stated, "the old doctor for us."

"Well, I don't mean to call him a liar, but I feel three babies here that's why she's in distress. Two turned the third is blocking the birth canal and the other two." Tom said knowing he had to hurry. "I need hot water, as much clean linen as you can get and a very, very sharp knife, also more pillows and clean baskets with clean linen in them, I will save them all but we need to hurry!" Tom shouted as people were flying around getting him what he asked for.

Finally getting the one baby turned and pulling his arm out Tom was starting to help Ellen try to deliver the three babies, calling up what power he could he had strengthened her insides but he could only do so much, she was weak from the distress. Trying to feed her more energy wasn't easy, the babies tried to take it also, making it doubly hard. A few moments later Ellen screamed as the first contractions started a minute later the first was born a boy, cutting the cord he placed the Centaur baby in the basket and it was taken away to be cleaned. The second appeared not even a minute later another boy, sighing Tom was glad as he felt the third move down into place. It was then he knew something was wrong, Ellen had started to push, then her eyes grew wide and she screamed from the pain.

Damn it! The baby had turned sideways and Tom was afraid the cord was around the neck.

Trying something he'd never done before, he phased his hands and arms through her and near the baby. Going solid inside only his hands, it was turned with as little movement as possible, then the little girl Centaur was born. After she was ready she was taken away but Tom knew he wasn't through, while turning the girl he had felt the bleeding inside he had to stop it or the mother would die. For some reason Tom thought of Malamon when he again reached in, this wasn't like something he'd do but Tom thought for some reason he had a hand in it. Knowing Malamon, Tom thought, that the last that he would heal would be the worst, under this assumption Tom started on the smallest cuts and nicks. As he'd thought they had been magically weakened and would have burst once the bigger ones were healed, then there would have been no way to save her as it would have taken too long to heal several half foot tears.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.