Protection and Preservation, Book 10 - Cover

Protection and Preservation, Book 10

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 22

All returned to the village. I put my arm around George and said, "How's married life, Pindari?"

"So far, it's great." He was still smiling. In the village,, there was more food and celebration. It was the next day before we back to the airport. Our parting from Mandu, Loorea, and Taree was sad but they were upbeat. Loorea held David's and my hands and said, "Your spirits will always remain as a part of this clan. You will have a great impact on this world and we are proud that you are part of the Wanegal."

We went to the airport and prepared to leave the next day. Just after supper, Sophie showed up. David and I met her. She said, "May I ride back to Perth. I need to get on with a life and that's where it should be. I won't cause trouble. Besides, George doesn't know I exist any longer. I have to admit that I'm glad for him. I would never have been able to give him what he has in Trina. I think they will be very happy together. After I get home, I will find my way." We agreed to let her ride with us to return home. She was quiet, subdued even, and didn't try any of her feminine wiles on any of the men of the expedition.

We flew to Parafield at Adelaide. Ben and Janey were expecting us and met us with many of their community. Ben and Janey talked to David and me. Janey said, "We listened in on the marriage ceremony. We had expected Sophie to be with George. However, this Trina who he married sounds captivating."

I started to say something when Ben's eyes swiveled and he whispered, "Crikey!" George and Trina were walking, holding hands and talking together.

I grinned while watching Janey's eyes follow her husband's. I had noticed that David appreciated her beauty though he was more subtle about it than most men. I said, "Now you know that her looks match her sounds."

David chuckled. "She is unassuming about her looks or anything else other than George. She's kind to everyone just because that's the way she is. There is a clan of Aborigines close to Sydney. She and George are living a magical dream that the clan's elders say will be real for them forever. All four of us were adopted into the clan. The clan even had a ceremony for them as well as a ceremony over the radio. There will be a confirmation in our church when we arrive home.

"David is Weeronga Jungay, the quiet west wind."

David chuckled, "Bobbi is Alina Burrangong, the beautiful cat." He smiled some more at our friends. "George is Bilyana Pindari, the wedge-tailed eagle flying from high ground. Trina is Alina Pangari, the beautiful soul. The names fit them.

"Bobbi and I have learned a lot about the Aboriginals up close and personal. We are impressed."

Ben responded. "Their names are always good. They are good friends and helpful. There is one family in our area and everyone likes them. They have a cow ready to give birth or would have been here today."

We enjoyed the afternoon and evening with our friends. With promises to talk on the radio, we left them the next morning heading for Perth.

People were waiting for us in Perth. Most of their community was there, cheering and waving as we landed and taxied close to the terminal. Jacob cut the engines and lowered the ramp. People left the Duck to be met and hugged by everyone there. I didn't see Sophie's meeting with her parents but it didn't go well. They weren't happy with her. It turned out that none of the stories she told were true. Shortly after that meeting, she left headed for the bush. We didn't see or hear from her.

The Perthians were enthralled with Trina. Her beauty and winning personality captured everyone's hearts as they had ours. It was clear, however, that she really only had eyes for George. They went around talking to people holding hands or with their arms around each other.

We met with Matilda and Noah to talk about our adventures. Minnie and Eddie joined us and added their insight. Toward the end of the discussion, Minnie said, "Eddie and I have talked about this but not shared it with anyone as yet. We would like to remain with the Duck and the expedition and live in America. We would become part of their community but also be ambassadors for Perth and Australia." She smiled at David and me. "If that's okay with you two."

I looked at David and nodded. He said, "That would be fine with us. You've gotten on well with everyone and, even though you speak funny, I think you will get on well in Protection or whatever community you want to join." Everyone had a good laugh.

Eddie said, "Noah, please have someone take my farm."

Noah nodded, "Our son has been living there and operating it with his new wife. I think they would like to stay."

Minnie and Eddie smiled. She said, "There are a few things we want to take, keepsakes and the like. He and Joan are welcome to the rest with our blessing."

Matilda said, "They are here. You can tell them yourselves. Do publicly gift it to them." Eddie nodded.

There was a discussion and a borrowed dune buggy. Eddie and Minnie returned with a few things bundled up. They loaded everything into the Duck. We talked to everyone on the radio including the Yellow Rose who said that they had a surprise for us. We pressed them for information but Margie laughed and said that then it wouldn't be a surprise.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.