Minara. the Grojan War - Cover

Minara. the Grojan War

Copyright© 2015 by C. Osborne Rapley

Chapter 13: Departure

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 13: Departure - Minara is an ex solider turned bounty hunter earning a living catching human survivors from the Human, Grojan war. She stumbles across a large enemy fleet and is shot down. She crashes on a primitive planet where Minara quickly establishes herself as a bodyguard to a princess of a small kingdom. Unbeknown to her a powerful general from a rival kingdom is a genetically modified human. By chance and political events, they meet and sparks fly.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Aliens   Slow   Military   Royalty  

The morning of departure was problem-free, for which Arron was grateful. He had ensured the additional wagons for the extra supplies needed for the Princess and had sufficient military escort as well as the wagons for her retinue. With extra military protection to the border and the Halcyon Prince meeting them on the Halcyon border, Arron was confident that baring a full-scale military assault the Princess would be delivered safely. There were some last minute changes with the Matheros escort, but despite that they were on their way before noon. The only thing that gave him any concern was the Princess's personal bodyguard. It was the first time he had seen her since the evening of the farewell ball and she appeared with the Princess just before they set off. He had decided the best plan was not to look her in the eye, and of course ignore her as much as possible. The Princess, however, seemed to have other ideas.

They both appeared on marvark backs in leather riding gear. He had been informed they would ride in the royal wagon, but it was immediately apparent that was not the case. He turned as they rode up to him, the Princess in ornate patterned leather jerkin and split woolen skirt. Minara wore leather trousers and jacket with thigh boots; what did cause Arron to raise an eyebrow were the weapons. While the Princess had a small knife in a boot sheath, Minara had dual wield swords strapped to her back, a short sword in a sheath at her waist and knives on both thighs. With only his long and short swords, Arron felt lightly armed. The Princess, chin out, rode to the head of the column and positioned herself next to Arron.

"Good morning, General."

"Good morning, Your Highness, are you ready?"

"Yes of course, I'm eager to get going. You don't object if we ride with you do you?"

Arron opened his mouth to say it would probably be safer in the middle of the column with the wagons when she spoke over him. "Good, that's settled then. It is probably the best place to be, don't you agree, Minara?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

Damnation, even her voice pulls at me. His mount pranced nervously for a moment, sensing his rider's unease. The one thing he found out quite quickly was that the Princess liked to talk, and she chatted away about her plans, her life at court, the list of things seemed endless, such that Arron switched off. He did notice that Minara's responses were monosyllabic, for which he was relieved. But even if his attention wandered, and when she spoke he heard every word.

At least the Princess liked wearing perfume, the pleasant floral scent covered the familiar smells of leather harness, weapon oil and the beasts of burden, and more importantly the scent of Minara riding on the opposite side of the Princess. She wore no perfume, but there was the occasional faint hint of her on the wind and it nagged at him. The preparations for departure had distracted him since the night of the ball and he was able to put Minara out of his mind, but now her presence was a dull ache in the core of his body and that worried him the most; other than the outward visual differences put there by the alleged plastic surgery, he was human. The coiled beast within him, that caused the battle rage, he had learnt to control, but this was something else entirely, something that had not been there until he had seen that particular female on the stairs. His heightened awareness of her added to his disquiet, so why was it happening? His mind skidded away from the possibility that perhaps the changes were fundamental, but was he still even ... human? That was not possible; he was certainly still Arron Johnston, but...

As the afternoon wore on he needed a break both from the Princess's chatter and from the nagging presence of Minara. He turned to the Princess. "Would you please excuse me for a moment, Your Highness?" He beckoned Jerros, who rode behind him just far enough away not to be party to the Princess's conversation.

He kicked his mount forward. "Yes sir?"

"Please ride with the Princess while I check the rest of the column."

Jerros looked reluctant, but he closed up the gap while Arron dropped back. The Princess glanced across to Jerros and promptly stopped talking.

Arron sighed, this is going to be a long, long journey.

He chatted to the officers and men as he dropped back, finding some relief as he got further away from the presence of that particular alien female. The new Matheros contingent bringing up the rear appeared to be a sullen bunch. Arron did not like their officer at all. While he spoke and answered Arron's questions there was a nagging feeling at the back of Arron's mind that something was not right. But the presence of the woman at the front of the column nagged at him more, so he dismissed his doubts and slowly rode back to the head of the column, glad at least the Matherosians were turning back at the border to the wilderness.

Arron called a halt an hour before dusk. The wagons were pulled into a defensive ring, with the Princess's carriage in the centre. Arron and Jerros checked the guard rota and ensured everything was secure. Due to the farewell parties and preparations for departure, the Princess had decided to retire early and take her troublesome Lady-in-waiting with her, much to Arron's relief.

Once everything was checked he dismissed Jerros and walked to the edge the camp alone. Stars lit the night sky, although the Milky Way was not as bright as Arron remembered at home, where he had gotten used to the different patterns and had made up his own constellations. He nodded to a sentry as he passed between two wagons then sat down leaning against a wagon wheel. The murmuring sounds of conversation and the baying of corralled animals was quieter at the far end of the camp facing outward. Arron looked up. He used to try and identify the part of the galaxy where home would be, but after the fateful message the war was lost he did not bother anymore. The Supreme Commander of the Royal Armies and the King's cousin was a reasonable man he got on with, so things had gone well for him. Even the fact he was an alien amongst aliens had no longer registered in his mind until now.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.