Minara. the Grojan War
Chapter 10: The Treaty

Copyright© 2015 by C. Osborne Rapley

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10: The Treaty - Minara is an ex solider turned bounty hunter earning a living catching human survivors from the Human, Grojan war. She stumbles across a large enemy fleet and is shot down. She crashes on a primitive planet where Minara quickly establishes herself as a bodyguard to a princess of a small kingdom. Unbeknown to her a powerful general from a rival kingdom is a genetically modified human. By chance and political events, they meet and sparks fly.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Aliens   Slow   Military   Royalty  

Arron shifted in the saddle, the leather creaking with his movement as he scanned the horizon. From his position on the top of the ridge he could just see the city of Matheros, its distant towers catching the evening sunlight. So far the treaty between the two kingdoms was holding. While some of the Matherosians they had met since entering the country seemed sullen, none had been openly aggressive towards them. Arron sighed; only a few more days and he could transport the Princess of Matheros back to Halcyon and marriage to the King's eldest son to seal the peace treaty. He turned his mount and made his way back to the waiting wagons and warriors. His second in command was ensuring all the animals were being attended to and the wagons pulled up into defensive positions. Arron's mount picked its way down the slope and he guided it to where Jerros was issuing orders and arranging the sentries.

Jerros looked up as Arron slid from his marvark's back. "Can you see the city, sir?"

Arron nodded. "Yes, Jerros, it's less than two days from here."

"Good, I will be glad when this is over and we are safely back home."

Arron laughed. "Where is your sense of adventure, Jerros?"

The older man shook his head, a faint hint of a smile playing on his lips. "I got old, sir, now I'm happy to stay close to home thank you, and just defend what is mine." He paused for a moment looking up at the night sky. "This marriage alliance, General, do you think it's genuine?"

"Why do you ask, Jerros?"

"Because they were all but defeated then suddenly sue for peace offering their Princess as guarantee. They are desperate and now they will have you at their mercy, Arron." He looked round the camp." There are not enough of us to protect you and there will be many occasions when you will be separated from the men."

Arron frowned, glancing in the direction of Matheros. "I have thought the same, Jerros, but if they did that all they will get is me. The Army is well trained, they are still as strong without me, so other than personal revenge what would they gain, the continuation of the war and destruction of their country? Our King will only offer an alliance once."

"But why you, Arron? Why not one of the others?"

"Because, old friend, it shows the King's good faith while keeping face. He could not send the Prince to meet his bride as it would look like he was the weaker party. The Princess has to go to him, but he had to send someone acceptable to Metheros to show it was an alliance rather than a defeat."

"But it was a defeat."

Arron sighed. "You and I know that, Jerros, but this is politics, and nothing is what it seems."

Jerros shook his head. "Well just be careful and on your guard, I have heard that the Princess has a bodyguard who is unmatched in single combat and it has been said she would even be a match for you."

Arron laughed, to break the tension building in his second in command and nudged Jerros in the ribs. "I've heard about her, they call her the Hell Cat. Can you imagine such a woman, Jerros, muscles bulging in all the wrong places?"

Jerros laughed with him. "Yes, but just be on your guard, General."

"I will, so don't worry, I'm going to retire now, good night, Jerros."

"Good night, General ... oh, and no dreaming of women with muscles bulging in all the wrong places!" He walked away shaking his head and chuckling to himself.

Arron lay on the low camp bed, gazing at the leather roof of the tent moving in the gentle breeze, with his mind wondering, on the edge of sleep. The uneventful day was an anniversary of sorts, he had been on this primitive planet for exactly six years, and traveling to collect the Princess of Matheros for the Crown Prince brought home to him that he regarded the kingdom of Halcyon his home.

He wondered what had happened to Earth and to his family. Did they still exist? Had they escaped the final invasion? Where there still humans in the galaxy or was he alone? He knew the Grojan had been utterly ruthless on human colony worlds they had taken. All the human populations had been executed. He shuddered. I hope the Grojan never find this place.

Shouts disturbed his thoughts and he sat up as Jerros opened the tent flap and poked his head in. "Sir, we are under attack."

Arron blinked and rubbed his eyes, then spun round, pulling his boots on as he stood up. "Who is attacking us, Jerros?'

"Bandits it looks like, sir."

"Damnation, what are they doing attacking a strong force like us?" Jerros said nothing, knowing Arron's question was rhetorical.

As Arron laced up his Gambeson, Jerros lifted Arron's mail hauberk then helped him pull it over his body. Arron strapped on his sword belt as he ducked out of his tent hard on Jerros' heels.

A group of twenty or so mounted riders galloped round the encampment firing arrows from the animal's backs. Arron's men were returning fire. Almost as soon as he had emerged from the tent the raiders peeled away and raced back down the road. Arron looked after them, but instinct caused him to turn and survey the ridge. A lone rider was silhouetted against the planet's twin moons. Arron watched as the rider pulled his mount's reins and disappeared over the other side of the ridge. Arron had a strong feeling his force had just been tested.

Jerros instigated a roll call for casualties as Arron stood watching the road. Why were they being tested, especially so close to the city of Matheros. They had been on the road for fifteen days now, five of which had been in the wilderness; that was where Arron had thought they would be attacked, not so deep into Matheros territory. A sense of unease settled in his mind, and he was certain they had not seen the last of those bandits.

The rest of the night was uneventful, but Arron had the guard doubled as a precaution and the men to sleep with their weapons. They saw no more of the bandits and arrived at the Gates of Matheros in the early afternoon of the second day.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.