Minara. the Grojan War - Cover

Minara. the Grojan War

Copyright© 2015 by C. Osborne Rapley

Chapter 6: A Hero

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6: A Hero - Minara is an ex solider turned bounty hunter earning a living catching human survivors from the Human, Grojan war. She stumbles across a large enemy fleet and is shot down. She crashes on a primitive planet where Minara quickly establishes herself as a bodyguard to a princess of a small kingdom. Unbeknown to her a powerful general from a rival kingdom is a genetically modified human. By chance and political events, they meet and sparks fly.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Aliens   Slow   Military   Royalty  

The next morning Arron woke early, bathed and dressed in his light leather armor. He walked down to the common room for breakfast and was saluted by the desk sergeant. "Good morning, sir."

"Good morning, Jerros."

There was a noise outside so Arron walked to the main entrance and opened the doors. He was greeted by a loud cheer. A crowd was quickly gathering; people pushed forward, patted him on the back and shook his hands. He was about to step back through the door when Jerina rushed up, put her arms round his neck and planted a wet passionate kiss on his mouth. She broke the kiss breathless, took a large breath that all but caused her breasts to spill out over her tightly laced bodice.

"Arron, you're my hero -" she stood back. "- you're the town's hero." She gave him another squeeze then whispered in his ear. "Oh I wish I was ten years younger." She wiggled against his thigh. "Oh, you make me all hot and bothered." She giggled.

Arron's cheeks started to heat up. "Jerina!"

She giggled again, patted his cheek, turned and took his arm. "We are going to see the town elders and get you confirmed officially as a Hero of Harcross." She leaned close again. "And they can bloody well up your stipend as well, tight bastards!"

"How do you know what the commander's stipend is?" Arron asked, attempting to keep the edge of suspicion from his voice.

"Now Arron, you're not the first commander I have known." She winked at him. "The previous incumbent and I were very close once you know, when I was very young and impressionable and he had not become the drunkard he is now." She smiled up at him and strode with him arm in arm through the streets to the town hall, parting the crowds with a glare.

Arron hoped that after a few days things would die down and life would return to normal, but it was not to be. Ten days after the battle, Arron was sat in his office working through the inevitable paperwork of command when the desk officer knocked on his open door.

"Sir there is a messenger from the Royal Court of Halcyon to see you."

Oh bugger, what does he want? "All right, please send him up."

Moments later a tall man in dusty leather appeared at his door, saluted and strode to his desk. "Captain Arron?"

"Yes?" Arron indicated the chair in front of his desk. The messenger remained standing. "Sir, your presence is requested at the Royal Court in three days. He handed Arron a sealed letter, saluted again and left.

Arron turned the letter over in his hands. The envelope was fine linen paper sealed with the Royal seal of Halcyon. Arron sighed, "Oh well, so much for keeping a low profile." He stood and walked to the window overlooking the empty parade ground, broke the ornate seal and read the letter. It basically repeated what the messenger had already told him. He was commanded to attend a meeting with the King and his generals three days from today, which meant he had to leave immediately.

He summoned Jerros, and the sergeant walked into his office a few minutes later and saluted. Arron turned from the window. "Jerros, I have been summoned to the Royal Court in Halcyon for a meeting with the King."

Jerros beamed. "Congratulations sir, that is wonderful news."

"Humm ... well I'm not so sure, Jerros, they will probably want me to do something else, and to be honest I'm quite happy here."

"You are much too good to waste away in this backwater, Arron. If they have a new job for you that will make full use of your leadership and tactical skills, then I for one would applaud it. But if you are transferred then may I respectively request to accompany you? After all, you will need someone to watch your back, especially in the Court of the King."

"Would you not prefer to stay and command the guard, Jerros?"

The old sergeant shook his head. "No thank you, sir, I would much rather stay with you."

Arron regarded the sergeant. "Can you stand in for me while I'm away Jerros?"

"Yes sir, of course, no problem."

"Good, I will be away about seven days, maybe longer if they keep me there for meetings or whatever they want from me." Arron looked at his desk. "You know everything that is going on at the moment, Jerros, it is all routine and hopefully you won't have any problems while I'm gone."

"No sir. Now don't worry, and enjoy your trip. Is it your first time to the city?"

"Yes Jerros."

"Be careful of the politics, and good luck."

"Thanks."

Arron left the office to pack, then hurried down to the stables and saddled his marvark. He wore his travel leather and sword belt, acutely aware he had no such thing as a dress uniform or smart clothes suitable for wearing when meeting the King. As the timing of the meeting left him no time to purchase anything they would just have to accept him as he was.

He stopped at village hotels on the journey and found that his five minutes of fame preceded him. He was welcomed at each village inn, was brought drinks in the bar and found he did not have to pay. His hair and eye color preceded him, and he had no chance of traveling incognito. Still, he thought, at least I'm fitting in with the locals. He did wonder what his superiors in the Intelligence Corps would say if they could see him, traveling like a celebrity to an audience with the King.

He arrived at the City of Halcyon late on the third morning. His audience was scheduled for the afternoon so he had plenty of time. When he reached the city gates the guard recognized him and organized an escort through the city to the palace. He idly wondered if his hair color was a blessing or a curse.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.