MY SECRET LIFE
Chapter 11

 

As we took off our coats to leave for lunch, the same person who had taken our blood, along with an armed guard, stopped us.

“Excuse me, but you both tested positive with blood toxicity. Follow me, please?”

“Leave your personal things here,” he added.

“Oh, man,” I said.


We were quickly taken to a facility that had the inauspicious title of INFECTIOUS PERSONS ONLY, and all of the people there were wearing protection.

The fact that we are being held because of a blood issue we ourselves determined, seemed incongruous to the both of us.

While we were ‘impounded, ‘ we worked out what probably happened, asked to speak to Mr. Evans, gave him our hypothesis, and two hours later, we were let out, ‘With the thanks of a grateful nation!’

Military bullshit, if you ask me!

As we were allowed to go back to our work area, Elizabeth suggested we be allowed to play music while we worked.

Mr. Evans turned on her and said, “We did not bring you here so you could listen to music, young lady.”

She turned back on him to say, “Sir, it has been conclusively determined that certain kinds of music are soothing and helpful to the thought process. It’s not like we are asking for the Duke Ellington Orchestra to be brought in?”

“Who?” he said.

“You really do live in your own world, don’t you sir?” I said.

“Well, we don’t have the luxury of living in yours, Connor?”

“Sir, we don’t need music with vocals, just something with a lyrical beat that replaces the silence of the room. Do we need to make a list for your approval?”

“You do not have the available time to worry about such things, Mr. Williams. The country may be on the precipice of war.”

“And we just wasted almost four hours, and you and your cohorts are probably off making mustard gas somewhere.”

“What do you know about mustard gas?” he said quite obnoxiously.

“I know that Lommel and Steinkopf, over twenty years ago, developed a method for large-scale production for the Germans.”

“Citizens aren’t supposed to know about such things, young man,” he said, walking away as we entered our work lab.

“There is no reason to get so aggravated,” my wife said to me.


Within thirty minutes, we heard a very nice slow instrumental of ‘Over the Rainbow, ‘ and I felt personally vindicated.

I got a nice kiss from my wife and we went back to work.

“What were we working on before all of this happened?” I asked.

“Oh, there’s the camera you asked for, Connor, now I remember?”

“Yeah!”

I showed her how the camera works, then I said, “Code Yellow?”

“Yes, Connor, what may I do for you?”

It was the girl.

“We will be taking pictures, and I would prefer you not watch this, please?”

“Why is that, Connor?”

“The pictures will be of my penis, both soft and erect. Do you understand?”

“Visual, has been turned off, thank you for the heads-up?”

“I’ve never heard that expression, Code Yellow, what does it mean?”

“It’s a term we use, not in the general public, meaning ‘giving a warning, or alert.”

“That is a very interesting term, thank you. We will give you a ‘heads up’ when visual can be returned. It won’t take long, we promise!”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.