MY SECRET LIFE - Cover

MY SECRET LIFE

 

Chapter 8

As quickly as we had gotten in the back seat, we began kissing ... and kissing ... and more kissing. I quite honestly, do not have a clue about the ‘birds and the bees.’

Maybe, I can get “Code Yellow” to help me out.


My betrothed and I both had a lilt in our steps. I only had the new chemistry book I was allowed to take home with me. She only carried her purse.

Joseph gave us a doff of his cap during the handoff to Mr. Evens.

“Does that ring on her finger mean you need a minister, Connor? You know I am one.”

“How can we do it without witnesses, Sir?” Betty said unable to not stare at her ring.

With a wave of his hand, two people we had never seen before entered the room. They looked like a couple in their 20s. Apparently, they had their own room to work in as well.

When they spoke, it was clear they were the “Code Yellow” voices, and we all laughed together for a few minutes, when Mr. Evens reappeared ready to marry us to one another, with all the legal documents in hand. Thank goodness for that, I wouldn’t have had a clue where to find my birth certificate, nor would have my mother ... most likely.

With music piped in at appropriate moments, twenty minutes later, it was done. He let us enjoy a single kiss! He also gave us our wedding license with all the signatures. I slipped it in our Chemistry book

Everyone had scattered, so we went into our workspace and first thing, the new Mrs. Williams went to the box and looked it over, to see if anything significant happened since we had gone home the previous day.

Mr. Evans had suggested she not wear the ring during the workday, citing it could easily find itself in the middle of an experiment.

Betty just got it and still had it on, so she carefully placed it in the pocket of her white doctor’s coat.

“Code Yellow,” she said

“Yes, Mrs. Williams, what may I do for you?”

She giggled loudly hearing her called that, then calmed down and said, “I would like a reminder to not forget my wedding ring here, please?”

“Fully noted. Will there be anything else?”

“Not at this time.”

“You just wanted someone to call you Mrs. Williams, didn’t you?”

“Maybe,” she said giving me a quick kiss and walking to her side of the lab looking quite beautiful to me ... even with the white coat on.

“Code Yellow,” I said.

“Yes, Connor, what may I do for you?”

“If and when we use up a vial of anything, do we need to tell you, or will you just know it?”

“That would depend on whether you wish to auto-replace or replace-per-request. With your change in status regarding the vials, and other necessary supplies, either can be established. Do you need something already, Connor?”

“No, just finding out how it all works. Also, don’t be so formal with my wife, you can call her Elizabeth.”

“Noted.”

I got a look from Betty when she heard that, but she did give me a fabulous smile.

“Mrs. Williams, could you please bring me the book to find out about Anti-nutrients?”

“What are those, Connor?” she questioned bringing me the book.

“Anti-nutrients are natural or synthetic compounds that interfere with the absorption of nutrients. Nutrition studies focus on those anti-nutrients commonly found in food sources and beverages.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.