Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 6: Stelero Mars

The Grand Abode was sanctification of anything related to Luminous Church in Ercas Mir and a bit of stuff connecting to the Holy Palace. Its rooms and halls held in glorious exhibition pictures, sculptures and scriptures of important figure to the church, holy places, interpretation, even of The Almighty. There were quotes, hymns, sayings and more to bask the spirit in. It had libraries of all sorts of literature, prayer rooms and absolution cells for the wicked who seek salvation.

Zax, as well as a hundred and sixty four contenders, was accommodated on the second floor of the Grand Abode. Since every room in the huge structure was practically a giant hall, for the period of the Elite Tryouts, each hall was split into several private chambers that were quite decent, also preserving the consecrated ambiance of the church.

“You may stroll freely within the first three storeys of the Grand Abode. If you need anything, there are postulants everywhere who will gladly attend any of your requests”. Sister Juliet explained. “Also, his grace the Archbishop and Cardinal Northstar have decided to put on display, at the third floor, the second and first prizes, Solar Basil Leaf and Diluted Element, to encourage the competitive spirit of your, brave participants”.

When they heard it, a silent vibe passed through the hundred and sixty five contenders.

‘They are kept at the third floor?!’ Zax wanted to very much go and see them right now. ‘They must be guarded by formations or\ and members of the church... ‘ His mind reeled, not by imagination the conditions they are presented in, but if he should try to steal them, anyway, after the Galactic Communicator. The Solar Basil Leaf was completely useless to him, at best it could be counted as a gift. The Diluted Element, on the other hand ... if he is just a bit lucky, it may not contribute to his bottlenecks of insight, by maybe it will allow him to compensate for some of the hundred tons dark attribute’s essence he is in need for. ‘I’ll best know what I can do after getting the Galactic Communicator’.

“Everyone”, Sister Juliet drew the attention back to her. “At seven o’clock Archbishop Silternja has invented all of you to a gala dinner. Attendance isn’t mandatory, but it will make his grace very happy if you could all come”. Sister Juliet finished the guiding tour of the first and second floors and left.

The contenders dispersed as they got the freedom back. Some went directly to the third floor, to get a sense of the two prizes, others left to pick chambers. Zax was with the latters.

The chambers were not divided by the church. The contenders could pick whichever they wanted by simply taking the key out of the door of the chamber they selected.

Zax, naturally, picked a place at the second floor, not far from the stairway to the third floor.

There were formations everywhere in the Grand Abode which he did not dare to openly examine. Only those in his chamber he inspected with his Soul Sense, relieve to find out that their purpose is just to maintain the contenders’ privacy.

“There are three hours before dinner. I should go check the prizes”. Leaving his chamber, Zax crossed along the way contenders who either came down the third floor or had the same idea as him.

The Solar Basil Leaf and Diluted Element were on display at the end of a hall on the third floor. Zax found them with directions from a young postulant. They were both under the same transparent, square casing. An elderly, green mustached third level Martial Moral priest stood next to the casing, giving some explanations about the two prizes to viewing contenders, seemingly intend to never leave the post.

The Solar Basil Leaf was in the shape of regular basil’s leaf, but had a brimming texture and hue like the sun in high noon. The Diluted Element was a mere drop of gray liquid, kept inside a clear, crystal bead.

‘Formations embedded to the casing probably block the fluctuations from spreading’. Zax suspected. Without being able to feel the fluctuations of the two prizes, he could only gouge their appearance, which told him nothing of their worth, unless treated as decoration. ‘A third level Martial Mortal... ‘ He stared at the priest, pretended to listen to his narrating the origin and other details of the prizes. His light of sight shifted to the wall behind the casing. ‘Behind is the outside. If I’ll use my full strength, beating the priest will not be a problem, but breaking the casing’s and the walls’ formations... ‘ It posed a risk unrelated to stealing the Galactic Communicator. He could afford giving it a try only if it would be on his escape route.

In averaged each contender spent five to ten minutes looking at the two prizes, listening to the priest and contemplating in his or her heart.

With more than two hours of nothing particular to do, Zax closed his eyes, enters his Inner Panorama and began to review today’s experience. Although it was not much of a hurdle, the Shelter Of Heroes was, in the end, a utilization of light attribute energy and its application, the conjuring of near sentient constructs, was both complex and profound method he could learn from. ‘Even if it’s a property of the light attribute, I might still gain something from it... ‘

...

The Grand Abode’s dining hall was reserved for the high level members of the church, third level Martial Mortals and above, and the guests contenders.

Three long tables were arranged for the contenders, a table in front of them was prepared for the third level Martial Mortals priests and nuns and a meter tall platform had one table, reserved saved for the church’s highest echelon.

When Zax and the other contenders arrived, they were welcomed by postulants and showed to their seats. Shortly after them came the third level Martial Mortals priests and nuns, twenty five in number. Next enters a small group of four women and two men, who waited in standing beside the seats of the platform’s table. Last to arrive were Archbishop Silternja, Cardinal Northstar and the young priest and nun who sat with them during the attribute understanding trial, Sister Iaura and His Young Eminence.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.