Earth's Core
Chapter 27: All Parties Converge

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

“Are they out of their minds?!” Helev Hetra exclaimed.

She and Boolian flew side by side in top speed, while not far behind Colonel Rijok wrapped and carried Darvajka and Cattelin in a mantle of red mist energy, since on their own they could not keep up. As for Fengar, he was being carried by Helev Hetra.

“So many auras flared and dimmed at the same time, it cannot be a mere struggle between experts. They must have trespassed into a slumbering chamber”. Boolian guessed.

“Should we keep going in that direction, Colonel Rijok?” Darvajka hesitatingly asked. Frankly, ever since he broke through the arduous bottleneck to the third realm of Martial Mortals, he regretted taking on this “continuously escalating for the worse” task. Of course, despite not having a direct superior from his Blue Sea, he will not dare to defect.

“If the numbers of auras was a single digit, then we would not have headed to their direction. A far more important matter, some of the auras possesses the energy signature of Martial Mortals”.

“Tsk! Little fellow, those two huge blasts from before, don’t tell me you believe Core Masters can generate them?!” Boolian clicked his tongue. “Besides, someone erected a Mo’s Pyramid formation in the midst of where all the wraiths emerged. Considering the resources required to erecting this formation, you might as well use them to leave the scene unscratched”.

“That’s right”. Helev Hetra concurred. “The Mo’s Pyramid formation was used as a trap, and it was triggered”.

“Everyone, refrain from using your souls from this point on. This mess might be related to the perfect dark attribute’s essence, but the cluster of wraiths over there should number in the tens thousands. We’ll have a fleeting moment to assess the situation in the Mo’s Pyramid formation and decide if to intrude or keep looking. Darvajka, Cattelin, stay close to me when we get there, unless you want to die”. Colonel Rijok summed up and raised his speed, as well as his guard, along with Boolian and Helev Hetra.


“Sister Beatriz, do you think we will find there a better dark attribute’s essence?” Sister Iaura inquired with much expectation.

“Perhaps, if The Almighty so will grant us”.

Sister Beatriz sat next to Sister Iaura in the star shaped aircraft, while His Young Eminence was situated in his front seat. After the two in her care sensed the flaring auras and compelled her to head to their location, even though she detected numerous wraiths appearing in the same far away region, Sister Beatriz insisted on using the aircraft to fly there, rather than exposing themselves prematurely.

“Mm! I can’t wait! Your Young Eminence, won’t it be great if we’ll find a second dark attribute’s essence? Then you will have one for yourself and the other Sister Beatriz can take”.

From His Young Eminence’s front seat an amused laugh was heard.

“Silly girl”, Sister Beatriz caressed Sister Iaura’s head and smiled. “A dark attribute’s essence is too precious for someone like me”.

Sister Iaura frowned. “No way, Sister Beatriz, you can’t say that! You take care of me and His Young Eminence, The Almighty will definitely look favorably at you, right, Your Young Eminence?”

“Er...” His Young Eminence suddenly coughed uncomfortably.

“Your Young Eminence, are you okay?” Sister Iaura leaned forward and lifted her head up as she worriedly asked. His Young Eminence’s backrest concealed him.

“Return to your seat, Sister Iaura, we will shortly arrive. His Young Eminence needs to prepare and so do you. This will be your last opportunity to test yourself before we go back”.

“Mm”. Though reluctant, Sister Iaura obediently listened.

“Good girl”.


WHOOSH!

Exuding an oppressing aura, Murreta dashed toward Zax.

WHOOSH!

Zax was clear about his possibility of withstanding Murreta’s assault, not to mention defeating him. He gritted his teeth and ran across the Mo’s Pyramid formation.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

One long range windy mist attack after the other was thrown with each of Murreta’s punches.

“Arg!” Zax groaned involuntarily. He could ignore the pain, but the blast of each attack, even if it missed him, was strong enough to shock his recovering body.

WHOOSH!

WHOOSH!

Lady Zhuah and Kitobara joined the chase. Both had a composed countenance, but their every move was calculated to the slightest of motions and its effect on the battlefield. Now that Zax was entrapped, obtaining the dark attribute’s essence became a secondary concern to preventing one of the other Martial Mortals from snatching it.

Hereb Lish, Gong Vreil and Lurvar were contemplating on the sidelines. They were cautious, but not afraid of Zax. The reason they withheld their involvement in the one sided brawl was the fear of being caught in the three Martial Mortals’ struggle.

“Hereb Lish, alone there is no way any of us three can obtain the dark attribute’s essence”. Gong Vreil stated.

“Oh, am I detecting another one of your crafty plans, Gong Vreil?” Hereb Lish sneered. “Don’t forget the results of your last plan”.

“The goal was the defeat the wraith. Whoever won the dark attribute’s essence was pointed out from the beginning as an issue of skill”.

“What do you have in mind?” Lurvar interrupted.

“Do I have all of your ears?”

“Yes!” Hereb Lish knew better than insisting to start up a meaningless argument.

“Splendid”. Gong Vreil smiled as if her idea of their cooperation presented a long awaited opportunity. “Hereb Lish, regardless which of us will get the dark attribute’s essence, in the end, only our captains will decide how to use it. I just joined The Flying Rooster mercenary band and I doubt your father spoils you to the degree of letting you have this level of treasure”.

“Your point?” Hereb Lish said impatiently, unintentionally acknowledging the truth in Gong Vreil’s words.

“Simple, if neither of us can have the dark attribute’s essence; let’s give our captains the headache of compromising over it”.

“And who do you suggest will offer them the dark attribute’s essence?”

“That, I guess, will be me?” Lurvar said.

“You?”

“Right”. Gong Vreil confirmed. “Lurvar is an independent cultivator who has no ties or enmities with our mercenary bands. Us, three, will jointly move in a formation to obtain the dark attribute’s essence and escape. If everything will work well, upon departing from the ridge, we’ll contact and inform our captains of everything, and whoever they’ll decided to walk with the dark attribute’s essence will also have to receive, unconditionally, Lurvar as a new member. A win, win, win situation”.

“You are optimistic”. While saying, Hereb Lish actually considered it. “What about you, Lurvar, are you fine with hiring yourself for the price of joining a Geared ranked mercenary band?”

“I have my reasons of applying for the High Rankers’ trials, one of which is indeed joining a Geared ranked mercenary band after succeeding. Mount Rom and The Flying Rooster are both double Geared ranked mercenary bands, a free pass to either of them will be worth my compliance”.

“Hereb Lish, your decision?” Gong Vreil asked.

“Alright”.

“It’s settled. Follow the flow of my mist; we’ll erect Six Winged Rooster formation”.

“You were taught one of the four signature formations of The Flying Rooster!” Hereb Lish gaped.

“Not to perfection, yet, but yes. Now be discreet, I don’t want them to realize what we are conspiring before the completion of the formation”.


BOOM!

A blue icy beam missed Zax and hit the ground, forming on it solid, spiky layers of ice.

‘I must break this formation! I must break this formation!’ The words endlessly repeated in Zax’s head.

The three Martial Mortals were after his life, but had yet to make a deceive move, as they concentrated more on subtly obstructing one another.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.