Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 37: Decisive Decision

The first realm line of defense could only rely on their defensive formation to block the enemy's force, much like the cluster of first level Core Masters, Hagen and her group dealt with.

The only one with high spirit on the battlefield was none other than Ilen-Tar. The leader of the Furless Rat tribe, in his skinny, old and fragile human form, was confident in his ability to preserve through the war due to three things, his high cultivation level, the fact, which he believed, that the enemy knew about the bloodline formation at his disposal and the vast experience he gained from many tribal wars over the centuries.

...

Zax could not understand what his big sister and Simel were trying to execute. It was obvious that it was some sort of formation, but what kind of formation would make it possible for them to turn the war to the household's favor?

...

"Traitor, this attack of mine will put an end to the desecration that you have been for my Black Horns tribe!" Karns concentrated black mist energy in his forelegs and descended, papering to stomp Grandmaster Kartion with a full blown attack.

At the same time, Kardelion, who occupied Grandmaster Kartion, retreated while forming a sphere of icy mist energy, a long range attack, outside of his mouth.

At the moment, Karns's assault was far more threatening than Kardelion's and avoiding it in the short time Grandmaster Kartion had seemed impossible.

Grandmaster Kartion swayed his neck, kinetic energy coursed through his antlers. The air around the antlers began to undulate and Karns's forelegs were one last millimeter from hitting them.

BOOM!

CRACK!

A breaking sound echoed. Large pieces of the formerly resplendent set of antlers Grandmaster Kartion had deformed after partly falling apart.

Blood dripped from Grandmaster Kartion's head and his vision became blurry as well as covered by a red curtain.

"Kartion, your death today will put to rest an over century old mistake!" Kardelion shouted.

BANG!

An intensely freezing, frontal beam of mist energy hit Grandmaster Kartion, lifting his body from the ground and sending him hundreds of meters backwards.

The cold attack, however, was a blessing in disguise. Were it not for its sharp coldness, Grandmaster Kartion's mind would have still been muddled, providing Karns and Kardelion an opportunity to follow up with another attack while his body was weakened.

With a clear mind, Grandmaster Kartion kicked the air, Kinetic Force shooting him up brilliantly, like the most magnificent bird type beast.

The closest to him was Karn who, like most Chaoyue type beast with their strong physique, prided himself in close quarters combat.

Karns, on the other hand, was reluctant to meet Grandmaster Kartion in another confrontation so fast and after the damage he received a moment ago from the explosive Kinetic Force.

On the outside, his forelegs may have looked fine, but their bones were shattered and if it was not for him circulating his mist energy, blood would have probably already burst from his forelegs and mouth.

Hence, Karns fell back as an icy blue beam of light passed right next to him, shooting yet again from Kardelion's mouth, to obstruct Grandmaster Kartion fast approach.

...

Ilen-Tar spectated over Hagen, somewhat detecting an odd behavior. His right eye twitched in discomfort. 'The battlefield is drenched with their blood, but neither side is that much injured... '

BANG!

He watched as Hagen time and time again tried to break the protected mantle of the first realm experts.

'Another stream of blood is coming out of her beak; did she suffer that much from the mild countering force of the formation?'

Glancing over the entire battlefield, Ilen-Tar became more and more restless. 'Not good, something is not good. I may have to distance myself from the stronger experts of their side, but Karns and Kardelion will not take it kindly if I'll leave the cave or hide behind the lines if thing would go sour'.

Surveying the position of the enemies, their course of advancement and tactical deployment of each line in their formation, after locating Zetsa and Simel, Ilen-Tar clenched his boney hands under the long sleeves of his robe. 'These two intending on erecting a formation of some sort ... Could it be?!' His old eyes contracted in shook for a brief instant and then resumed their passive expression. 'If it is blood related than it make sense, but the cost and concoction of different beasts' blood ... are they insane?'

Musing for one long moment, Ilen-Tar released the tightness of his fists. 'I'm willing to bet that as of now I'm already within the area of effect of their formation'. His facial muscles held back the urge to grimace. 'Alerting Karns and Kardelion might draw in troubles early than expected, and If I want to avoid their wrath after this is over, there is no alternative, I must stay and certainly act at some point. However, not every maneuver carries an unacceptable risk. If I'll mobilize the first realm troops along with my army as a meat shield and make some threatening gestures, I should be able to get far from danger, possibly even interrupt the establishment of the formation'.

Feeling a sort of elation after deciding on the best course of action, Ilen-Tar unstrapped his robe, unwilling to ruin it when transforming and handed it to a bald young woman who stood beside him. 'Whatever their formation may be, even if they'll manage to erect it, it should only supply a timely advantage. Karns, Kardelion, I'll stop it only if nothing will present too much danger, otherwise, accept that in war, one must struggle a little in order to win'.

...

'Everyone, Ilen-Tar started moving, and he is leading his furless rats!' Hagen's double pupils hawk eyes shone with a hint of killing intent when she saw Ilen-Tar transforming into a three meters tall furless rat and directing his nearly five thousand beast kin, who ranged between the Core Breaker and the Mist Lord level.

"Hagen, our first realm forces would not be able to stop them..." a captain of the Reptilian tribe said frantically.

'If I'll leave here to block Ilen-Tar, these first level Core Masters will lower their protective formation and will use the chance of my absence to confront you'. Hagen sent in return. 'Go, all of you, along with little brother Mes's group, help our first realm forces, but stay on your guard. Even if Ilen-Tar won't personally attack, he is very cunning. It's possible that he only wants to avoid me or uncle Kartius's group or that he already noticed and realized the true essence of little sister Zetsa's and little brother Simel's formation and wish to stop them'.

"Take care, Big sister Hagen!" Tularg was the first to respond in a resolute tone.

"Big sister Hagen, retreat if you can't handle them alone. We can still hold them long enough for big sister Zetsa and big brother Simel to finish the formation, if we will converge". Rarahel said flusteredly and then followed Tularg and the others.

'Ilen-Tar mustn't be allowed to be left supervised. But before they will finish their formation I cannot act, nor can our side erect any defensive formation. Hurry up, you two!' Hagen lamented

...

"Big brother Tularg, what's happening?" Mes asked when he saw Tularg and the others breaking their line.

"Ilen-Tar is leading the first realm experts. We need no hold them back until big brother Simel and big sister Zetsa finish their job..." Tularg gave Mes and the rest of his line a concise answer.

"A third level Core Master!" Ham-Bar bear like face became solemn.

"If he'll attack, big sister Hagen will intervene". Tularg hastily said and took upon himself to further command his Martial brothers and sisters and allies. "Don't think about it too much, all the Core Master, spread and support the defensive line of the first realm experts!"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.