Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 14: A Legit Formation

"This is the past of our household, the reason for our seclusion and the source of our conflict". Kartius said to Zax.

Zax nodded his head as a sign that he understood everything. The past of his Master and elders in the household, the great power of their enemies and the gravity of the position he placed himself when he joined the household.

"Recently, Martial son, the condition of our household met a looming calamity. In the next step of big brother's bodily refinement technique there is an extremely strict prerequisite. To bypass this prerequisite one needs resources that have yet to appear in New Earth".

"When big brother last talked with His Valor Ozeyn, he secretly learned that His Valor Ozeyn has missed the chance to meet the requirement of the prerequisite. Big brother could not reveal it to His Valor Ozeyn, and had to assure him that the development of the second level of the bodily refinement technique proceeding well. The problem is that currently, His Valor Ozeyn already broke through the seventh gate of the Seven Stages Of Bodily Refinement. If he to discover that big brother finished the first level of cultivation in the second realm and he cannot practice it, His Valor Ozeyn might reexamine the value of his agreement with big brother in comparison to improving the relations of the Red Rose Beaks tribe with the Black Horns tribe". Kartius said in an aggrieved tone.

Hearing that the future of the household might not by that much brighter than its past, Zax carefully inquired. "Can't Grandmaster find another method for His Valor Ozeyn to cultivate the body in the second realm?"

"Of course big brother can", Kartius replied confidently. "But according to him, eliminating the smallest property of his new technique will lower its quality considerably. If he offered a useless technique to His Valor Ozeyn, won't His Valor Ozeyn be offended?" Asking a rhetorical question, Kartius did not wait for Zax to answer. "Since big brother cannot predict out His Valor Ozeyn will react when he will find that he cannot cultivate the following technique of the Seven Stages Of Bodily Refinement, big brother decided for us to bring an end to the war between the household and the Black Horns tribe".

"After annihilating core groups of cultivators of the household's enemies, the Black Horns tribe and his alias raised their vigilance and added some of their better expert among the groups stationed in the caves surrounding big brother's cave. As protective measures, big brother ordered everyone in the household, other than me, Raroen and Hagen, to travel in pairs when leaving his cave for any reason. That is partly why I came along with you". Kartius confessed.

Zax raised an eyebrow. "Then Master, four days from now ... are you planning to come pick me up?" He asked half amusingly. Zax thought his Master was content with letting him travel Valgarel on his own. Apparently, even if he was, Grandmaster Kartion was not.

Kartius nodded, restraining a chuckle. "I figured you intend to stay in Kingdom Earth for the maximum length of time I permitted you ... Four days from now, either I or your eldest Martial brother or sister will come to accompany you back to big brother's cave".

"Mm..." Zax hummed. In his opinion, he did not need minders to walk with him in the outer territory of Valgarel. As long as he will not encounter a third level Core Master or a second level Chaoyue second realm expert, he believed the he could outrun anyone.

"Then when will Grandmaster, trust my abilities to travel alone?"

"Well, considering the enhancement of the Black Core to the Seven Stages Of Bodily Refinement ... as I told you in the past, once you'll break through the sixth gate, you would be free to roam Valgarel freely". Kartius said expectantly.

"Until then..." Zax thought about how long it would take him to break through the sixth gate, which was not even a part of his present training regimen, and could not help but be a little down.

"Until then", Kartius continued in his place. "There is another smaller matter I have yet to talk with you about".

"Ah, what is it, Master?"

For a short breath, Kartius was a tad hesitant to get into the last topic on his mind. "Your ordeal that involved the support of Eden Formation", he said, surprising Zax with the sudden mentioning of the best Martial school in El-Eden. "It is still too early to get into this subject, and I don't want it to get into you head before everything is settled".

Kartius realized the he sound obscure and that he only confuses Zax. He halted his steps and the two of them stops, now, not so far from the boundary between to species next to cave twenty five.

"Martial son, an envoy from Eden Formation and the Dauch family came to big brother's cave couple of weeks ago. The matter he and big brother discussed is of no importance to you; just know that our household and the powers behind your human school are in good relations". Kartius concluded without explaining explicitly.

Zax was lost of words. 'Why would they involve themselves with our household? Could it be... ?' As he wondered, Kartius's humanoid hand ruffled his hair.

"We are not far from your first home, Martial son, spend your time productively and return to your second home gratified". Kartius's hand tilted Zax's head to look at him as he spoke.

"Yes, Master". Although it was not a command, Zax still answered decisively.

"Good". Kartius said, pleased, and left.


As Zax continued on his own to cave twenty five, the lack of company had him circling in his head a few matters. The entire story of his Master he learned about in their fleeting journey together, what he should do first upon arriving to Kingdom Earth and how, in the name of the Supreme Rulers, Don Ram managed to get to Grandmaster Kartion?!

A while later, the tunnel to cave twenty five was at sight and Zax subdued the thoughts regarding the household's dire situation and sighed in capitulation against the resourcefulness and tenacity of Don Ram. Taking his Master's advice, he chose to concentrate on the four days he had to spend in Kingdom Earth and dashed toward his long awaited destination.

Looking up at the ceiling of cave twenty five, the Sun Stones up above were shining as ever and though Zax did not have a watch, he sensed that he had arrived at around midday.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.