Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 20: After Three Years

"Even within the Core Master level there are more levels?" Zax raised his head quizzically.

Carl taught Zax that not all Core Masters are equals and that there is even a level higher than a "Core Master", but he did not think that the Core Master level consists of several levels of its own. Rather, Zax thought that the Core Master level is like every other level before it, made out of four phases.

"You are incorrect ... Earth's Core holder, Core Breaker, Mist Master, Mist Lord and Core Master are the embodiment of a Martial cultivator's achievements. Of the four, however, Core Master is the only one that should not be referred to as a 'Level'. The Core Master embodiment of Martial achievement is called a 'Realm', the second realm of cultivation. The first realm consists of every level before the Core Master realm".

"A realm? Then even after breaking through so many levels and phases, I am still ... Big sis is still in just the first realm?" Zax asked aghast. He asked in regards to himself and Zetsa, but inside his stomach an eruption of skepticism arose. Forget about him, there are those that lived for hundreds of years yet did not made it to the Core Master level, no, Realm!

"Do you think that crossing realms is simple?" Kartius rebuked then sighed. "To special cases like yours and Martial niece Zetsa, it may seem so. But not every being in New Earth is a top genius or a lucky genius like you two. And we beasts, to tap into our latent potential we even must first obtain our human form and then hope to stumble upon a proper cultivation technique or spend tens of years to develop one..."

'Ah ... Master is right'. Zax regretted his ignoramus reaction for realizing that without the support of the Black Core, he never would have achieved his current body fitness level, possibly not even his soul level. Even if he dare call himself a "Genius" for reaching level F with his soul without the help of an Earth's Core, he still would be categorized in the latter example of his Master.

"Zax", Kartius's stag head had a pitiful smiling expression. "On the subject of realms it's not that I don't want to tell you because I think that you are not ready. In truth, it is still a very obscure subject. In all of New Earth the highest achievement of Martial cultivation is breaking through the last level of the Core Master realm and breaching the third realm. And among the over one hundred and seventy million habitants of New Earth, at most, ten have reached that realm!"

"So little... !" Zax was astonished.

"Might be even less!" Kartius declared. "I myself can confidently recount only two, Kingdom Earth Supreme Ruler Ariel Dauch and the ruler of Valgarel".

"Supreme Ruler Ariel surpassed the Core Master level ... realm?!" That even more brought Zax to a daze state.

Who was Supreme Ruler Ariel Dauch? Other than one of Kingdom Earth three rulers, he was the ruler of El-Eden, the faction, the region, his home in Kingdom Earth. To any boy who grew up in El-Eden, Supreme Ruler Arial was an object of adoration. Much was the same for Supreme Rulers Gid and Trey in their own regions.

"Don't underestimate that man", Kartius mistook Zax surprised reaction to a doubtful one. "If there are only ten cultivators in the third realm, then among these ten, Supreme Ruler Ariel Dauch and the ruler of Valgarel are the two top experts of New Earth. If anything can be said on beasts' and humans' relationship these days, it's that these two alone can be counted as the pillars for peace between our species!"

Zax was speechless. He swallowed his saliva. Listening to his Master he began to wonder in awe.

"Who is it, Master? Who is the strongest beast in Valgarel?" Like a child he probed to know more of the impressive existence that made him awestruck.

"Hahaha!" Kartius could not help but laugh. "His Valor Ozeyn, that's how we refer to him. Even experts among humans that know him dare not refer to him in any other way!" To Kartiuys, Ozeyn was perhaps the equivalent of Supreme Ruler Ariel to Zax. Talking about him with his Martial son elevated his mood.

"Where does he live in Valgarel?"

"Why? Want to meet him? Ahmm ... What would you say if I told you that my big brother met him?!"

"One of the two top experts?!" Zax could not contain his excitement and called aloud.

'Kartius... ' Laivien voice suddenly echoed in Kartius's head.

'Oh!' Kartius realized that in his own moment with his Martial son he actually blabbered too much. "Yes". His tone hardened and the jolly temperament receded.

"But enough of this. The Core Master realm is what you should learn about now".

The severe tone of his Master was like cold water, splashing in his face. There were things that could bring out Zax's inner child, but he himself was a young man nearly half way through his teenage years. "Yes Master". He replied tactfully.

"The Core Master realm consist of three levels of refinement and six bottlenecks of insight", Kartius said. "To ascend beyond the existence of a Core Master, a cultivator must refine the aspect he trains in three times. Each time is considered a level and each level has two bottlenecks. The first one is midway a level, the second one is at the peak of a level".

"The bottlenecks of the three levels are vastly different than the bottlenecks of insight. The six bottlenecks of insight are all soul related and to reach the third realm not all are compulsory to break through. Out of the six only three bottlenecks of insight and the three levels of refinement are required for a cultivator to reach the third realm. That being said, although many Core Masters choose to break through only the first three bottlenecks of insight, individually there is no difference in difficulty among the six. However, if you break through a level while discarding the two bottlenecks of insight, the opportunity to gain them back is lost".

"Why would someone not break through all six bottlenecks and three levels and be done with all of it?" Zax asked curiously.

"Because, even though, individually, they are the same, each bottleneck of insight becomes harder to unravel after the previous one. By breaking the first three a cultivator can concentrate on breaking through the three levels, which are compulsory and also increase in difficulty".

"Then, Master, what are the benefits of the six bottlenecks?"

"That is complicated to say for certainty. As a mist cultivator in the Core Master realm, I only unravel the first two bottlenecks of insight and broken through the first level. In terms of strength, my mist energy did not improve after unraveling the two insights and my soul also did not undergo any changes ... More than that, much like the energy you grasped in the bodily maneuvers, I won't say anything further".

Zax was a tad dissatisfied. The realm he knew nothing about yet still was a definite goal at the back of his head, at the back of every Martial cultivator's mind, was something he both wanted to reach on his own and hear more until he makes it.

'So this is why experts stay in the Savage Caves to train their souls... ' At least that became clear to him.

Kartius eyes concentrated, assessing his Martial son. His Soul Sense also probed, but that Zax was unable to notice.

"Master?"

The staunch look in Kartius's eyes relaxed. "At the moment I will say that unless it's not a Core Master at the Peak of the first level, you can contend against any Mist Master at the first level of the Core Master realm. Your equals will only be those in the Advanced phase, depending on the mist refining techniques they follow and their Martial techniques".

"So when I'll break through the sixth gate..."

"There won't be many that will pose a threat to you. Therefore, you will be free to roam New Earth to your hearth's content". Kartius confirmed much more than Zax dared to think.

Zax's eyes opened wide with a stupid expression on his face. In his mind resurfaced a phrase Serah once used to describe the legendary kart in her favorite online game Mocca Kart... "Unbound by the road".

'Unbound by anyone!' A strong impressive sensation gushed inside Zax, stirringly spreading to every fiber of his being. Part of it he could not deny was because the memory of a dear friend he truly wanted to see right now, but most was the new desire that emerged within him or maybe an old one that finally consolidated to a comprehensive form.

"Oh..." Kartius exclaimed. It was easy for him to read Zax body language, even if he kept steady. His rapt gaze also signified the depth of his thoughts.

'It seems that you awakened something inside your Martial son, big brother', Laivien affirmed.

"Zax", Kartius called, bringing him back to his senses.

Zax lifted his eyes, noticing now that his hands were clenched and drenched with sweat.

"It appears that you thought of something good".

"Ah ... Yes Master", Zax was still quite excited and had no reason to hide his ambitions from his Master.

"Well, then that's good. The best kind of mood to get into before training". Kartius took his own words gravely.

The rigorous training regimen of a Martial cultivator was not something leisurely. Out of a hundred or a thousand experts how many truly find joy in training? Relatively to the long life span of an expert, most get fed up pretty quickly and at first simply driven by desire. Kartius himself had years piling on his back by the hundreds, even if in the beginning he loved training, did he sustain this love this long? In some days ... maybe.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.