Earth's Core
Chapter 3: E Level Mist User, Take Edomachi

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

One day remained to the restricting one week without any sort of training that Zetsa imposed on Zax. Thankfully, today Zax had things on his mind.

Zax, Zetsa, Marco and Laylen were sited in a long black luxury vehicle which was the property of cave twenty four's governor, Xingze Edomachi. The four of them were invited to the governor's manor in cave twenty four to a boisterous celebration in the name of Take Edomachi.

As it so happened, in less than two months, a short passage of time after the Great Earth's Core Pursuit, Take Edomachi succeeded in advancing from the intermediate phase of a F level Mist User, to the beginner phase of an E level Mist User.

This great accomplishment was possible due to two factors. The first one was the high quality F level Earth's Core that Take managed to find with the help of his Mor in the Great Earth's Core Pursuit. The second was his diligent training in the Radical Fiery Icy Provocation Qi refining technique.

Zax excitedly watched outside from the vehicle's window as it drove up to the governor's manor. He had not met Take since the last time Zetsa took him to be present in their training session. Take was his first friend closest to him in age that attained an Earth's Core and Zax could not wait to see how powerful he had become – mainly because any Mist User on the Martial path, regardless of his or her level, was a glamorous entity in the eyes of coreless children.

Zax knew from Take that his father impels him toward the direction of the Martial path, which he also interested in, otherwise how could he convince Zetsa to spend her time cultivating him?

When they got out of the vehicle Zax noticed that his parents were tense. There were quite a few vehicles parking at the manor's grounds and at the entrance to the manor, its owner and his wife accepted their esteem guests.

"Miss Zetsa!" Governor Edomachi abandoned the reception of his guests over to the old maid and the white suit bodyguard and with his wife and hands spread wide open in the air rushed to welcome his son's Mor and her family.

"Xingze, Slovet, please meet my parents, Marco and Laylen Zel". Zetsa made an introduction. She did not mention Zax because the Edomachi duo already knew him.

At the time, Marco and Laylen, who never were in contact with high class personnel or even came close to the property of someone of the high class, were oblivious to how they should conduct themselves so that they will not embarrass themselves or their amazing daughter.

"Oh, Hahaha..." Governor Edomachi laughed coarsely, he was in such a good mood that when he saw Zetsa, the one responsible for his son's abundant fortune, that he lost all traces of restraint and almost skipped his way to hold the hands of this extraordinary beautiful young woman. "Hahaha, you do me and my wife the honor, Mist Zetsa! It's pleasure to meet you Marco Ram, Laylen Ram, young master Zax!"

"Marco Ram, Laylen Ram, forgive my husband's boisterous manners. Take's advancement brought extreme joy to all of us". Mrs. Edomachi was more reserved than her husband.

"Marco Ram"? "Laylen Ram"? Both Marco and Laylen were speechless. Who could ever imagine that they will be referred to with such an honorary title? And by someone of higher statues than theirs, nonetheless!

"You treat us too well, Mr. Edomachi, Mrs. Edomachi". Marco turned to them in an orthodox manner. To even gesture back the honorary title was beyond his and his wife capacity.

"Marco Ram, I'll lose face, I'll lose face, hahaha ... Your daughter refers to me and my wife by our first names only and you do so as if we are strangers. Nonsenses! I can't accept such treatment. My name is Xingze and my wife's is Slovet. Please, you and your wife may use them however you like". Governor Edomachi was a D level Mist User and in his current temperament he was very oppressive. He walked with Marco under his arm as if they were old friends while Mrs. Edomachi accompanied Zetsa, Laylen and Zax to the manor.

"Big sis, why governor Edomachi refers to mom and dad with "Ram", to you with "Miss" and to me with "Master"? Why each of us get a different title?" Zax whispered.

"That's because, like mom and dad, I also more used to the orthodox manner. High class people, on the other hand, will use whichever they feel appropriate to the person in front of them. At first Xingze referred to me with "Ram" too, but it felt uncomfortable so I made him settle for "Miss". To you he refers with "Master" because that's how most high class children are referred to by adults who acknowledge them".

Many of the guests knew or heard about one another even before arriving to the Edomachi's estate. Being members of the highest tier of population in Kingdom Earth, through their various connections, they obtained the guests list of the event to assert those who will come for numerous reasons, such as knowing from whom they should be aware of or for whom they should exploit this opportunity to start a formal relationship with.

When the distinguished guests watched from the side as their host ignored them in favor of other guests who seemed to have miserably simple appearance and were unknown to them, they felt deeply insulted. Then again, as Governor Edomachi together with his wife passed the rest of their guests with the Zel family, no one dared to make a fuss and admit his or her degradation.

The tables in the great dining hall were set with all kinds of drinks and delicacies. Zax and his family sat beside the Edomachi family. Governor Edomachi was in the center of the table, Take to his right and Mrs. Edomachi to his left. To Take's right sat his Mor, Zetsa, and next to her were Laylen, Marco and Zax. Governor Edomachi raised a glass in honor of his son and then called for the performers to begin and the maids to arrive with the main courses of the celebration.

Following the performance and the feast, the guests that wanted to put their own show and publicly express their compliments and blessings, rather than hand over their gifts to the serving staff that was stationed to accept them, stepped forward in front of their host, his wife and their son.

To be honest, the line was not that long. Although an E level Mist Users at the age of ten years old did not appear very frequently, commonly, in Kingdom Earth every few decades many were born that surpassed the older generations, though the reason behind this occurrence was the improvement in Qi\Mist and soul refining techniques. What was one more lucky child that had his parents to probably waste part of their wealth to acquire such technique? In a few years' time others will be born anyway and more high level techniques will be available to the public.

Now, if the boy in question would have achieved his current level by sheer talent that would have been something else entirely!

Zax and Take sneaked out of the designated guests' room that was prepared to accommodate and keep entertaining the guests after the feast.

"Can you believe how many presents I received?!" Take boasted. Rubbing Zax's head that was shorter than his in ten centimeters or so, he said. "You can help me unwrapped them later and take those you'll fancy". Take truly meant it for couple of reasons. First, as the son of a cave governor the material things that he lacked in his life could be counted on one hand. Second, how can he be parsimonious toward his dear Mor's little borther? Third, being still a child he might have not fully comprehended his emotions for Zax, however, if one looked from the side the only impression that he or she will perceive from Take's manner will be that of a caring older brother.

"That will be awesome!" Zax replied. Being immersed in training most of the time did not repress his childish desires completely. If one of the presents contained a mechanical pet, a new generation Caller, a premium account card of the popular online game Mocca Kart that he could show off to Serah – presumably until he will realize that he does not care about it and give it to her – or maybe even a low grade Martial technique... ! For the last one his aspiration most certainly overreached, nevertheless, any of the other previous three would surly more than satisfy Zax.

"Say, Take, did you become an E level Mist User because of big sis's Qi refining technique?" Zax probed.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.