Building a CAP Based Future
Chapter 7: Back into the Pit

Copyright© 2015 by Allan Joyal

Ashley was the first to exit the mall, but I caught up to her as we came around the building and could finally see the small seating area for the outdoor café. Her mother was sitting quietly at a table sipping from a cup as she scanned something on a tablet. We could see Jason approaching from the other side.

All three of us managed to reach the table at the same time. Mrs. Roberts did not look up. "I set up a pizza delivery back at the house in forty-five minutes," she told us as she stood up.

I took all of the bags from Ashley, which caused her to giggle. "Oh, now he remembers that it's the man's job to carry things," she said.

Jason was looking at Ashley's legs and the indecently short skirt she was wearing. "Dude, that's shorter than the cheerleaders wear. I can't believe you asked my sister to wear that?"

Ashley turned her back on Jason. "Does it make me look fat?" she asked coyly.

Jason burst out laughing. "God, that was bad," he said as Mrs. Roberts started leading us back to the minivan. "No, it doesn't, but you already figured that out."

Mrs. Roberts turned around as we left the sidewalk and started to cross the parking long. "Ashley will be sitting in front with me on the ride home," she informed us.

I nodded. "I understand."

"Well I don't!" Ashley snapped. "I've never been happier than I have been today while shopping! Mark cares about me and it shows. I just wish we could do this more often!"

Mrs. Roberts looked at the bags and laughed. "I'm sure you will, although you might have to go to Town Center after this. I won't drive you out here every day."

"But I still have most of the tokens left," Jason said. "And I want to play more Onslaught with both of them."

"Both?" Mrs. Roberts asked. We were approaching the minivan, and I could hear the chirp as she disarmed the security and unlocked the doors with her remote.

Jason laughed as he opened the sliding door and jumped into the back where Ashley had been sitting. I followed him as he answered his mother. "All three of us started in the arcade playing that. Ashley's the best partner I've ever played with."

Ashley blushed. "It was fun," she admitted. "I wouldn't mind playing it a bit more often."

"Talk a couple of your cheerleader friends to join in!" Jason said enthusiastically. "How about those twin freshmen, they are so cute."

Ashley giggled. "Tia and Ceri? Bad idea, they look the same, but they can't get along. I might get Ceri to join in though, she talks about liking games."

"Cool," Jason said as he buckled in. I sat next to him and got buckled in as well.

Mrs. Roberts got in and started the engine. As it warmed up, she reached over her shoulder to buckle her seat belt. "Mark, Ashley, I'm not trying to punish you. In fact, the more I think about it and read about what's happening, I have to say I'm proud of you."

"But they've done nothing!' Jason snapped.

Mrs. Roberts put the van into drive. "Not exactly. First I was reading the news feeds. Speculation is all they have, but some experts have gone over the president's speech. They noted that despite the clear evidence of aliens, we have never seen one. They could just be shy, but based on the evidence, several experts think they are unable to deal with us. We tend to be argumentative as a species, and that would not be easy for a more passive race to comprehend. One expert thinks that we're probably communicating primarily through automated systems."

"Robots?" Jason asked.

"Or just very powerful computers," Mrs. Roberts said. "But that would also mean that humanity with its history of violence and betrayal is probably not a popular choice for the position we've been asked to fill."

"Warriors?" Jason snapped. "Ok, that makes absolutely no sense. They need humanity to kill those weird looking Sa'arm beasties they showed on the news, but you are saying they don't really want us?"

"Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over," I said with a chuckle. "It does sound that way doesn't it. That would explain why they won't just accept any volunteer. They are looking for ones they feel won't turn on them someday."

"Have you been reading the newsfeeds?" Mrs. Roberts asked. "That's exactly what this one expert thinks. He said that anyone else allowed off planet would not be considered a citizen of whatever government the aliens have and would likely be completely at the mercy of the person bringing them."

"I get that," Jason said. "But then why are you proud of Mark and Ashley?"

"Because Mark is trying to be a partner to Ashley, and she's already trying to become a woman who he will always want to come home to," Beatrice said. "You know, it's been six years since your father was killed. You were just eight when it happened, but I loved Kevin, and he adored me. We had a strong marriage because we were able and willing to give of ourselves. Ashley and Mark are building the same relationship. Not exactly the same, but I wager that fifty years from now they will still be together unless one of them dies."

I stared at the floor of the minivan. My ears were burning after the praise heaped on me by Mrs. Roberts. I had not known her husband well. It was only after his death that my father and mother approached her trying to get her to support several committees they were forming. Mrs. Roberts helped for about a year, and it was during that time that I met Jason and his, at that time, bratty sister. To think that Beatrice liked me was a bit of a shock, and I stayed silent.

Ashley noticed the silence and looked over her shoulder at me. "What's next?" she asked me.

"I'll eat dinner with all of you tonight," I said. "After that I should get home. I don't want my parents to notice that I'm out too late. I also need to talk to Matti and see if Kelsey is going to be fine."

"Who's Kelsey?" Ashley asked.

"Kelsey loves Mark, Kelsey loves Mark," Jason caroled.

"You're not helping," I sang back before turning to look at Ashley. "Kelsey is my sister's best friend. She's in seventh grade and will turn fourteen in December."

"So someone you..." Ashley said warily.

"She could never replace you," I said quickly. "But Jessica has already heard the terms on how many companions you can take depending on your score. I am not restricted to one. You of course will be involved in the making of any choice for my other companions."

"Me?" Ashley said. She sounded surprised. "Why?"

"There is a saying that the Chinese ideogram for trouble is two women under one roof," I started. "If my information is correct, I'll be in a situation where that is guaranteed. I'd like to avoid a lot of catfights and screaming. Anyone I bring must be able to get along with everyone else in the group."

Jason groaned. "Oh, I'd love to see a catfight. Put them in lingerie and fill one of those wading pools with Jell-O, then let two babes go at it."

I smacked Jason on the back of the head. "Pervert," I said without malice. "These fights would likely be a bit less friendly than that."

Ashley turned around to look at me. "Can you give me her phone number? I'll try to talk to her tonight."

"Don't make any promises," I ordered.

"I won't," Ashley said with a giggle. "Well, none you will disagree with. I will tell her that I'll be her friend until she tests. Once that happens we can decide. Is she pretty?"

Jason snorted. "She's a stone cold fox already. She's got long black hair, and an angelic face. I can't say too much about her body because she's still growing, but her mother is tall and curvy."

Ashley giggled. "It's nice to know that Mark has good taste. Hopefully Kelsey will be patient, and we'll be able to reel her in."

"Don't tell her too much," I said. "Right now, I need to avoid too many people knowing. So that it doesn't get back to my family."

"Won't Mike find out? After all he goes to Central High, and someone will eventually figure out that Ashley and you are more than just friends," Jason asked.

"I'm hoping that he doesn't notice," I admitted. "I've noticed that he's hanging out with Victor Shields quite a bit. It's not like they pay close attention to the cheerleader clique."

"No," Ashley said with a frown. "Victor is one of the stoners. I've heard that a couple of people believe he's dealing drugs."

I shrugged. "Honestly, that isn't my problem. If the worst happens, I'll find some places to hide, but I don't want to abandon my sister."

Everyone was silent after that as Mrs. Roberts drove us back to their home. Our route to her house had us pass my home before we turned onto their street. I looked at the front of my home and noticed that all the lights were off.

Mrs. Roberts made the turn onto her home street and quickly turned left into their driveway. As she turned off the engine, a car with the logo of the local pizza delivery service pulled up next to her car.

"Perfect timing," Jason said as I opened the door and jumped out of the minivan. I quickly pulled two twenties from my pocket. Mrs. Roberts noticed my action.

"Mark, I paid by credit card," She called out. "Don't worry. Just follow Ashley and Jason into the house."

I grabbed my backpack and then held out my hands to accept a few of the clothing bags from Ashley. She giggled and gave me a quick hug before running towards the front door.

I just stood and watched her buns and legs as she ran up the steps leading to the front door. Jason leaned over my shoulder. "I never knew she could be so sexy," he whispered.

"I'm just glad it's for me," I said as I began to walk down the path. Ashley was fumbling through her purse for her keys. She had the door open before I started up the steps. I watched her dash inside.

Jason ran around me as I finished climbing the steps. "Pussy whipped," he sang out. "I'll be at the table first! I get the first slice!"

I shook my head as I entered the Roberts' home. Just inside the house I could see the door to the basement was open. After her father died, Ashley had moved to the basement of the home. I stepped through the doorway and started down the steps. Ahead I could hear someone giggling.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and was driven back to the wall as Ashley tackled me. "I love you," she gushed as she kissed me. "Take me now!"

"No," I said. "I don't want our first time to be rushed. If Mr. Cunningham gets our new hideaway fixed up tomorrow, we'll see about taking the time this weekend."

"Promise?" Ashley asked me. She seemed nervous and excited. Her eyes were shining as she held me against the wall.

I nodded. "But now, let's eat, and then I do need to get home."

"Awww," Ashley said running her right hand up and down my chest. "I'm sure I could make you happy if you stayed."

I put my hands over her hand and pulled it away. "I'm sure you can, but not today. Let's get to the table."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.