The Career Woman
Chapter 6: A Divorce without any Counseling

Copyright© 2015 by Duna

Simon:

I was in a confused state and I stopped to work, when Amy left me alone. I had the worst day of my life and the most interesting day together. My two daughters originated from adultery even from two biological fathers, my wife was a cheater. Her cheating was not one time accidental occasional because not only one of my daughters originated from extramarital affair. She was a serial cheater. This was a catastrophic event, but I was sad, betrayed, but I was confused same time. Yes I was confused because I also had the strangest day in my all life. Amy a very pretty woman colleague gave me an interesting offer. She wanted children from me same day when I learned I was not the biological father of my kids. If I had been a simple ordinary husband in an ordinary job site this possibility as a pretty millionaire mature single woman would not have been with me when I would have read the DNA test results. I thought if I had read the DNA results alone I would not have showed other persons except for my lawyer and Megan.

I was in a fragile state to show the DNA test results to Amy voluntarily, but Amy got her idea quickly to become a mom from Megan's betrayal. She was very skillful to persuade me for her strange proposal. I decided because I had to be a biological father and Amy's proposal was the last true opportunity for me on that late afternoon. Perhaps Amy and I would have a short marriage and it might be we would divorce after the birth of my second biological kid. But I would have biological kids. I understood why was Amy so effective business woman. This good opportunity might be only on that late afternoon. We were on the perfect place in the best time. The only obstacle might be the quality and the quantity of my sperm cells to became a biological father.

I went home on evening and I began to play the overworked scientist at home and I looked at my daughters with sad eyes. I think without Amy's strange offer I would have begun the confrontation immediately after our daughters had gone to bed. Megan did not suspect anything, because she was the member of the Mongolian expedition and she thought my overworked state was normal for a researcher after a successful expedition. I was very sad and I pretended to fall asleep quickly. When Megan slept I thought about my all life with tearful eyes and I fell asleep.

The next day, Amy was late and she gave me the address and phone number of an andrologist doctor for the fertility test. I organized successfully the fertility test that afternoon and I got the positive result same day. My sperm number and the motility were good to be a biological father. I thought Megan's betrayal was bigger, because that excuse I was not fertile disappeared. I told Amy the positive fertility test result by mobile. She found two good divorce lawyers when I arrived my department she gave the names and the addresses of them. She recommend me the woman lawyer first because she heard she was a true shark. Amy had also talked about the female lawyer. Amy said she would pay the lawyer's fee. I phoned the lawyer and we arranged the next day appointment. Amy and I did not show any sign to others that we had some connection except for our work, but she found time and place to give the address of an apartment close to her building.

Next day I met my lawyer, Kate Anderson. I showed the DNA test results and I said I knew I would pay the children support, but I did not find other solution as the divorce. She understood me and she accepted me as his client. She said I would lose the house until my daughters would be eighteen years old that time we could sell our house and I would get the 50% of its price. I would pay the half cost of the house

until then. In our state I have to pay alimony for three years to the ex-wife after the divorce. I was lucky Megan got a job. I thought I would be in big financial shit without Amy's proposal. She said the divorce documents would be ready for next week Friday. I asked for her the process-server should give the documents to my wife on Friday. I wanted to move into the apartment on the afternoon of Thursday next week. I planned to confront Megan on Thursday too. Kate said the adultery was abolished from the divorce law in our state as in the most US states, but the DNA test results of my daughters were a very good reason to avoid any marriage counseling session so our divorce could be quick.

From the next day to the next week Thursday I was busy with the bank service measures, to hire the apartment and to work with the Mongolian fossils. I overworked and I played the tired husband at home. I did not want any sex with Megan. I worked on Saturday or Sunday rarely, but I went to the department to work on Saturday to avoid Megan. I organized a family event with my daughters and Megan on Sunday. I wanted to say good bye to the whole family life with an amusement park visit. We drove to neighbor city with the kids and we had a very good time there. We were tired Sunday evening and I was successful to avoid my wife. I had four nights until the confrontation. Time went slowly.

I was free on Thursday afternoon and I went home because I had not any lecture and I worked a lot with my colleagues on the Mongolian fossils, so I took a day off to pack my personal items to leave Megan and our daughters. I was sad, but I was very curious for my new life with Amy. I knew I would be very calm during the confrontation with Megan. Had I had a lonely future my confrontation would have been with more passion. I put my luggage in my car and I waited Megan and my daughters in the living room. Megan brought the kids after her work in the local wild life protection office and they arrived late in that afternoon. We greeted each others and Megan suspected something, but she did not say anything. The kids went to their rooms before dinner. I stayed in the living room.

When we remained alone she questioned me, "Simon! You're mysterious."

I stood up and I gave the copy of the DNA test results. She read them and she sat down and she began to cry silently.

She was clever enough not to say the boring cheating woman cliché sentences, she said something else, " I can see you've packed your thing and you'll divorce me. Simon I know, you won't believe me, but I've not cheated on you since we moved in this city! Believe me! Before moving here, yes I wasn't your faithful wife."

I stopped her and I said with calm voice, "We have to wait our kids go to bed."

Megan wiped her tears and agreed, "You're right."

We tried to be normal during dinner until the kids went to their bed, but I think my daughters noticed something from our body talk and they asked everything was all right. We tried to calm them successfully and we gathered in the bedroom for the confrontation.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.