Timepiece - Cover

Timepiece

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 32

“So,” I said, “Whose idea was this?”

We were in the afterglow and pausing between cuddles, hugs and soft kisses. Wendy pointed at Annabelle at the same time Annabelle pointed at Wendy. They both blushed.

“We wondered what it would be like ... sharing,” Wendy said.

“I’ve had a dream ever since you rescued me in Mexico,” said Annabelle.

“Did the reality fulfill expectations?” I asked.

“Well ... no.”

One would expect twins to answer identically ... but not a woman born in Texas and another born in Finland. They were about as opposite as beans and corn, yet together they make a nourishing meal.

I’ll never understand women.

That’s a given. Men soon learn that we’re two separate species dragged together by lust. Aliens stuck together by necessity.

“No?”

“No ... you were lazy!” said Annabelle. “I was expecting sky bursts and lightning ... all I got were slow creeping surprise the fuck outta me lengthy climaxes.”

“Gee,” said Wendy to Annabelle, “You musta been in bed with somebody else.” Wendy chuckled, “You certainly weren’t with David.”

“Ah,” replied Annabelle, “You love him ... I needed an itch scratched.”

“I’m right here,” I complained.

They had gotten what they wanted though, and, like always, I wasn’t there ... I mean I was ... but...

Ever been left out of a conversation?

Then you know. Might as well not be there ... but don’t try to wander off. They WANT you to hear it.

So I sat and listened to my faults, short comings, quirks and foibles expounded upon in technicolor and black and white.

Think of the worst thing your significant other has ever said about you ... yup ... that too.


Since we get bored easily, every Saturday we dress in our grungies, load up in the old pickup and head out ... newspaper in hand.

Saturdays we Garage Sale.

The sign said “Giant Garage / Estate / Moving sale. Follow the Signs.”

“It must be a popular sale,” Annabelle said. “Look at all the cars coming back.”

Ten or so miles later the next “Informational” sign said, “Don’t give up now. You’re half way there.”

It was at a wide spot in the road and it was easy to see that most people turned around and headed back to town.

A few miles later, the route left the gravel and turned right on to the two track sand road ... I hate it when that happens.

“No, no,” said Wendy. “Don’t turn around ... I’m curious.”

We had seen two cars since the “Informational” ... both of them loaded to the axles with stuff.

Three barns, four sheds, two trailers ... mobile homes ... and a monster log house appeared at the end of the road.

That sign said, “Have at it. Pay at the house. Nothing is written in stone.”

I will not bore you with the articles ... but...

I bought a boat ... sight unseen ... cheap ... at Charlevoix ... with trailer and toter ... for 35 hundred.

At that price I was looking forward to several months ... if not years ... of rebuilding.

“A thirty two foot Sigma. Make an Offer.” The sign was nailed to the Barn Door.

The rather trim woman seated on the veranda answered my query.

“Sailboat,” she said. “Husband had hobbies. I get seasick in a swing.”

I made that universal motion with my palm. The one that says, “More.”

“Don’t know anything about it ... never seen it ... never want to. Waste of money, as far as I know. He was like that. Make an offer.”

I looked in my wallet ... seven grand ... I figured half of it, counted it out and put away my wallet. I said, “Thirty five hundred.” I knew she’d never...

Right ... paper cut.

She presented several titles. Three axle aluminum trailer. Ford 450 toter. Sailboat. Dock and boathouse in Pentwater. Dock and boathouse in East Jordan. Dredge in East Jordan and a sand barge.

“What the Hell?”

“Lake’s been going down for 20 years,” she said. You’ll need to dredge out to launch.”

I almost mentioned the toter and trailer but didn’t.

The girls showed up.

Oh God!

“We need the trailer in the barn.”

“Found stuff?”

“Yes Ma’am.”

That cost me another thousand.

The truck and trailer were so loaded with “stuff” we looked like the Beverly Hillbillies on the move.

On Sunday, the wife said, “There’s more. We need to go back.”

The lady was gone ... the cleanup crew was half way into the disassembly of the log house and the barns, sheds and mobile homes were smoking piles.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.