Seeberger Chronicles
Chapter 3

 

Earth Date 09/31/2018

Together, for most of the next morning, we put together what we knew about our parents, grandparents for as far back as we could go.

She mentioned that her brother had an ancestry account, and she knew the password. That would help us immensely. I had an account with Geni online, plus I knew all the best resources because of a class I took at the local LDS Stake Center a few years back. They really know their stuff and how to help others.

I have become something of an expert as a result of all this.

I had the Seeberger men, going back to my dad, Michael Charles; his dad, Aaron Charles; his dad Charles Festus and Lord Arthur Reynolds Seeberger, born back in 1849, somewhere in London and dying in 1899.

A lot of names, but not much detail. This trip will take us many places as I look forward. The Jacksons, according to the records Di showed me, had been in the United States since the time of the slaves, but not much further back than that. On top of all that, there are over 700,000 people carrying the Jackson surname, while Seeberger had only about 500 people in Rootsweb. Looking in Ancestry gave me hope when I did a general search; it came up with over a million results, while Jackson had over twenty-four million.

A formidable task it will be, indeed. Doing it alone would have been boring as hell, but I got Princess Di coming along with me. That should spice things up,

After we had settled down, with laptops in hand in front of the TV, I suggested she give her brother a call to get his permission to use his account, even if it was after the fact.

She used a little girl version of her voice and got it without even breaking a sweat.

After working most of the day, with the TV on in the background, Larry called me, “Why don’t you guys come over for dinner, Pizza Hut is cooking for the three of us.”

After telling him we would be here, I found a six-pack of A&W Root Beer in the fridge and we took it with us over to the house.

Di knocked on the door, and her brother opened it. He saw the sodas and let us in. This goes way back ... whenever one of our families had been invited for dinner, it was assumed a bottle of wine would be brought over for the meal.

Larry and I followed suit, but with non-alcoholic beverages, including his little sister.

Walking into the kitchen, Larry started to laugh seeing the Root Beer, “How long have we been doing that?” he asked.

“Since we were in elementary school together, ten years maybe?” I answered.

This time was different. Dianne was sitting and cuddling with me.

“I’m trying to understand what she sees in you, Jeff?”

My response was to say, “It doesn’t get much better than this, does it, Larry?”

“This is the time of day I miss dad the most,” he said. “Back in the day, dad would come in the door at six pm, saying, ‘Susan, I’m home, ‘ and then sat down to watch ABC Nightly News with that Canadian guy ... Peter Jennings. After that, we would sit together around the dinner table and talk about our day.”

“We did pretty much the same thing, except my dad watched NBC News,” I said back to him.

“BZZZZZZ!”

“I’ll get it,” Dianne said.

She came back into the room with two big boxes and two little boxes on top, setting it down on the coffee table. Larry got up to get the sodas from the freezer, as his sister sat back down and gave me a kiss. We loved our sodas very cold.

She reached over my lap and grabbed one of the small boxes, and being wings; she put one up to my mouth waiting for me to take a bite.

I took her hand and said, “It’s better with sauce, Di.”

Larry opened the pizza’s finding some Honey Sriracha, my favorite. He tossed it to me, chuckling a little.

Now, she dipped it, then put it near my mouth, just waiting.

I didn’t want to appear too eager, so I started with first looking at her face, and then I gently touched her hand. Now, she was shaking a little, so that’s when I went in for a bite.

That caused her to jump in her seat, and she almost dropped the wing.

“You did that on purpose?” she said to me.

“I can eat by myself, Miss Jackson,” I said to her.

“Sorry?” she was quick to say reminding me how young she was.

“However, that doesn’t make me want to take this trip by myself.”

“Goodie,” she said.

“Could I come along?” Larry asked.

“NO!” Di and I said together.

We ate both pizzas; both sets off wings and all twelve sodas before I got up and said, “Larry, we’re not leaving for a couple of days, but she wants to stay over. Can you be cool about this?”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.