Strangers in the Night
Chapter 17

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Riki decided she wanted to be mom until the twins were five. We could put them in school and she could race again. Marvelous ideas ... except for the complications.

Item 1: Wendy is liking the speed.

Item 2: Hanna is a better driver than Riki.

Item 3: They're both better drivers than me.

AAARRRGGGHHH.

Item 1, itemized. I want to marry her ... Wendy. We're not related ... not really. She's from a different Universe ... and I'm from another one altogether. We don't share DNA, we're about half. Because fraternal, or dizygotic, twins are 2 separate fertilized eggs, they usually develop 2 separate amniotic sacs, placentas, and supporting structures. Identical, or monozygotic, twins may or may not share the same amniotic sac, depending on how early the single fertilized egg divides into 2.

If twins are a boy and a girl, clearly they are fraternal twins, as they do not have the same DNA. A boy has XY chromosomes and a girl has XX chromosomes. Girl-boy twins occur when one X egg is fertilized with an X sperm, and a Y sperm fertilizes the other X egg.

Our bodies were born in this Finland. The product of the same mother and the same dad. In a different world ... I can't believe I said that ... We are in a different world ... in a different world ... more advanced medically ... they could look for the gene that causes the problems.

I asked Dal, and he said he didn't care, "She's not my daughter ... none of them are and Ursula hates Russians ... there is a history there." He smiled a sly smile, "I wouldn't worry about Wendy ... you were checked at birth. Neither of you have the gene. Your children would have the same risk as unrelated parents.

"Somewhere down the line, all Finns have the possibility of common ancestors. It's isolated.

"This is Finland ... we live next door to Sweden. If you can believe it ... they have fewer morals than Finns.

"Finland is pretty damn cold in the winter. Kids have to do something to keep warm.

"The church won't agree but the magistrate will knowingly marry you if you have the proper documentation. Ursula has that documentation."

Oops ... now that I CAN do it ... do I really want to? Talk about second thoughts. I need to discuss this with Wendy and we need to do it Before sex, not after.

"What should I do about Hanna?"

"Volvo built a factory in Nova Scotia and we lost our contract, Saab was bought by Chevrolet. We contracted with Ford. We're building the Ford Focus this year. Wendy can drive her 240 in the F-Cup. Hanna can see if she likes the Focus in the Juniors and you can drive the Subaru in the WRC. The plant can support them all. We have a contract with the Russians to build the GAZ trucks ... it's all good.

"As soon as they give up on the Lada we'll take over and fix the faults and have a Finnish Automobile."

"They are going to give up on the Lada?"

"They sold 1100 last year. They built 63 thousand. The plant is closed and we are negotiating the machinery," Dal said. "Chevrolet sold five times as many cars to Russians as Lada built and that was just the first quarter."

"The Lada is a good looking touring car," I said.

"The engines suffer from Russian engineering," Dal said, "The body is a straight steal from Citroen."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.