Rockman - Cover

Rockman

Copyright© 2015 by Always Raining

Chapter 7

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 7 - Musician, song writer and sometime Rock Group member Ged Smith and his writer and literary editor girlfriend Cassie Fenton should be a perfect match for each other, but her history and the ill-will of others combine to destroy them and make their journey a rocky one. This is a long story which unfolds slowly.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Revenge   Slow  

The other gigs went well and were all sold out. It became clear that the band's reputation was spreading rapidly. There were downloads from all over the world as well as the UK. At the end of the tour Ged was paid off and Leo called a meeting.

"The record company wants Ged Smith to join the band." he stated and waited.

"No way!" said Zak.

"He's aroused a lot of interest, and that's unusual for a keyboard player," Leo persisted. "We've got the new album to record, and a single to put out for two months from now. I think you all need to consider the record company's wishes. They know what sells, and we're selling a lot more since he joined. MTV want to give you an hour slot, and once again, they want Ged in the band."

"Can't we just use him for these things and then let him go?" asked Amos, anxious to back Zak up, while being more constructive.

"And what happens when the next tour comes along?" Leo asked. "How do you fill in the gap he'd leave there?"

"He's well professional," said Peter, making a contribution for once. "Comes in, plays his part, adds his bits of riffs and they come off."

"Fucking ponce!" muttered Zak.

"Zak, you moron!" spat Joshua whose patience with the bass player was wearing thin. "You thick or something? These blokes know what sells. If they all want him, I want him – he adds stuff to us."

"You lot have to decide," Leo said. "You just made the big time. You want to throw it away?"

"I say get him in," said Joshua. "He's got a good job, earns a packet. He may not want us. Thought of that?"

"Peter?" Leo said asking for his vote.

"I say he joins," said Peter.

"Amos?"

"Well," Amos temporised, conscious of Zak's hostility. "No harm in discussing it with him."

"No way!" growled Zak. "He's not that good. Any fucker could do what he does. Bloody keyboards – the fucking keyboards do all the work. He'll blow us apart if he joins. And we all lose money, don't forget that! He'll have to get his share. No!"

"What you got against him?" asked Joshua. "You've hated him since he came. What's he done to you?"

"He's a stuck up little gayboy," said Zak aggressively. "He's not one of us. Doesn't join us after gigs – goes running off to his girlfriend. We're raw, ordinary – that's our band. Upper class bugger – with his fancy riffs – not our style. He's changed everything. We're not a fucking orchestra!"

"We have to decide." said Leo. "I've got a lot of people breathing down my neck wanting to know."

"We try to get him." asserted Joshua.

"Yeah" said Peter. "He's ok."

Amos felt loyalty to Zak but knew that their future was in the balance. He nodded his agreement.

"If he joins," Zak shouted, "I go!"

"Don't be a fool, Zak," said Leo. "With Ged in the band, you've got a future – a big one. We're talking big money. You're just starting to get the goodies, you going to throw it away?"

"I mean it. He's in? I'm out!" Zak was bluffing at first, but now he was obstinate; he couldn't change without losing face.

The band looked at him, and for a moment he thought he had won. Then they shrugged collectively.

"We negotiate then?" asked Leo.

They nodded.

"That's it! I'm out. So long, suckers!" and he slammed his chair back and made for the door.

"Don't be so bloody fucking stupid!" shouted Amos after him, but Zak scowled at his friend and left.


"Leo phoned."

"Oh?"

"He wants to talk about me joining the band full time."

"Oh."

"You still ok with that?"

"Yep! I'm over my hissy fit."

"I can still refuse."

"No way, my love! You go ahead, it's going to open so many avenues for your work."

"It'll mean I have to resign from work. Burning bridges."

"Do it!"


They had underestimated Ged's prowess as a musician, now they were to realise how much they underestimated his skill as a negotiator. Gus had come with him, but left the donkey work to Ged.

It was the Monday after the tour ended.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.