Melissa - Cover

Melissa

Copyright© 2015 by Tedbiker

Chapter 5

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Melissa is a gifted forensic accountant, an innocent, under threat... and a catalyst.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Interracial   White Male   Oriental Female   Slow  

Melissa awoke, aware of two things. The sunlight, brightening the room despite thick curtains, was one. The other was the supple body of Stacey, who was wrapped round her, still asleep. The thin, oversized t-shirts they were both wearing did nothing to hide Stacey's curves, the soft firmness of her breasts or the hard, erect nipples that were tenting the material.

Initially, Melissa was a bit disturbed by her feelings. 'I'm not interested in girls that way.' But she couldn't deny the sense of security the other girl's presence brought. She lay still, unwilling to disturb her hostess. She sighed. Stacey stirred, wriggled against her, and made a contented humming sound. Her eyes opened. "Mmmm. Hey, Mel ... how you feeling, girl?"

Melissa was shocked to hear herself respond, "You're beautiful."

Stacey smiled. "Thank you. So are you."

"No, I'm not. I mean, I know I won't break any mirrors, but I'm just not in your league."

Stacey smiled a little more broadly and shook her head. "I'm not about to get into an argument with you just now. We need to get up, have breakfast, and get you to NGH. I'll get you signed off on compassionate leave when I get to work."

"I feel bad about..."

"No, no, no. Girl, you need to be with your Dad. Even if you do turn in to work you'll be sent off to the hospital with a flea in your ear."

Melissa sighed, but didn't protest any more. After all, she did want to be with her father and knew she wouldn't be able to concentrate until she knew he was going to recover ... or not.

They met Jen Song at the entrance to the hospital, and Stacey left them there.


Charlie made me promise to not leave the building on my own, saying she had some business to attend to. She walked with me to my office and I saw her bending to whisper in Stacey's ear when I turned before entering. Shrugging, I went in and closed the door behind me. My 'in' tray was occupied by a substantial heap of folders and I sighed in anticipation.


The ITU sister greeted Melissa with a smile. "Your father is now upgraded from 'critical' to 'serious', and he's off the ventilator. I expect you'd like to sit with him for a while? Just keep out of the way of his nurse when she has to do anything for him, please."

"Thank you, Sister." She paused. "My friend..."

The other woman's eyes flicked to Jen Song for a moment. "We'd rather only one person at a time by the bed..."

"Oh, it's not that..."

Jen interjected quietly, but with authority, "We don't think her father's ... injuries ... were an accident. It is possible that someone was wanting to get to Melissa."

The other woman's eyes widened. "Surely..."

Jen smiled slightly. "It is my job to be paranoid. If I'm wrong, there's no harm done, but if I'm right, I will not take any risks. So I, or a colleague, will be near to make sure Melissa is safe."

"Shouldn't you tell the Police?"

"Oh, we have. But they aren't convinced ... and they have plenty else to worry about. Anyway, someone will be nearby. Probably in the relatives' waiting area. We won't get in your way."

"Oh ... Well..." The Sister broke off and turned back to Melissa. "Come along, and I'll take you to your father. I'll get you a mask. Please don't touch anything. You can hold his hand and talk to him by all means."

She sat with him, watching, almost mesmerised, the trace of the heart monitor and the steady drip, drip of the IV fluids. After a while she began to talk; memories of childhood, school, holidays, college, qualifying, beginning to work at Kelso's ... Finally, her approach to Jeff Carpenter, the offer and acceptance of her present job. Her confusion about him and her feelings. She could detect no response. Apart from a break for lunch – indifferent food and appallingly bad coffee – she stayed there all day. The ITU Sister in charge of the afternoon shift told her firmly at five o'clock in the afternoon that it was time for her to go home.

"If there's any change..." Melissa began.

"We'll let you know immediately."

Stacey got her through the evening by the simple expedient of comfort food and wine as they watched 'Pretty Woman', then offered her a sleeping tablet.

"Um ... no, I don't think so. I'm tired, and I think I've had enough wine that I'll sleep. But thanks."

She did sleep, but restlessly; Stacey was aware of her as she churned and, later in the night, got up for toilet and a large drink of water. On returning to bed, Stacey murmured, "You okay, Sweetie?"

"Yeah. Just ... restless."

"You need to take a break, you know. What would you do, usually?"

"From work?"

"Yeah."

"Go for a walk. Or go sailing – I'm a member of a local sailing club. In the evening, I might go to a concert."

"Classical, I suppose."

"Well, yes. How did you know that?"

"Easy. I've heard about the music you have playing on your PC when you're working.

"Ah."

"Well, I'd be no good to you for any of those. But I bet Charlie would be happy to keep you company for the sailing or walking."

"D'you think so?"

"Sure of it. In fact, I'll have a word and make sure tomorrow."

They snuggled up together and Stacey drifted off to sleep. Melissa faded in and out, but comforted by Stacey's arms, was much calmer.

Melissa had been sitting with her father for just over an hour the next day when his eyes opened.

"Baby," he croaked.

"Daddy! Let me call..."

"No. Just..." he broke off. "It wasn't ... an accident. You ... must ... be careful."

Melissa reached out for the call button. "I'm being careful. Work has someone watching me. So don't worry."

The nurse responsible for her father came in then. "Hello ... so we're awake, are we? Any pain?"

"Some. Sore throat. Thirsty."

"We'll see about that in just a moment..." She bustled about checking his vitals before smiling in satisfaction. "Looking good."

He was silent then, his eyes closed, unmoving, until the nurse had returned with a cup of water and a straw. She allowed him to wet his mouth and throat, then turned to Melissa. "Don't excite him," she told her, firmly, "or I'll have to ask you to leave."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.