In 30 Days - Cover

In 30 Days

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

Chapter 9

Now we start getting into the more difficult parts. There was no such thing as giving full concentration to any one aspect of this. Things were made more difficult due to problems and issues the girls were facing and with those, our little ‘family’ too was affected.

With no reason given, Michelle wanted to ‘chuck it all’ and go back home. Giselle just looked at me and shrugged, but Kimber just looked away at the floor.

It did not take a ‘rocket engineer’ to see something was not right.

That night it was just Michelle in bed when I got into it. She was sitting up and by the look on her face a ‘talk’ was in order.

“What’s up Hon?”

“Jean Paul, this whole thing is just not working. At first I was in awe, then felt very smug. When we were put in this ‘Palace’ and got those huge offices I thought it was going to be ‘Heaven’? But now I wish I had never come her. That and several other things have made me want to go back or something.”

“We can, you can, for sure. It may take me a bit to stop what I am doing but Rouen is not too far from here and I can use the e-mail to update whoever takes over in Paris, I owe Marcel that much. What about Giselle and Kimber?”

“What about them? I think it is time that Mom makes her own life. As far as Kimber, she is half my problem. I really just want the two, not three or four, of us to have a life together. Mom has the money from the sale of her house and she and Kimber have jobs and a income here. If Marcel fires them, then it was not a real job anyway. I don’t think that is the problem though. I want my own life with you not have to ‘share’ you between Mom and Kimber.”

“Something happened?”

“Yes, but, ... but ... that is not the only reason. I just, ... just ... I just want to go back!”

To say Marcel was shocked would be a small understatement. He came out with the really ‘big guns’ promising Michelle and me, all of us in fact, almost anything we might want. It took only a look and some words, “Mon Ami, you know I would do anything for you. Money and all that you offer would do me; us, no good if we ‘lost’ each other. Michelle wants her own life. She and I will be going back to Rouen. I have some thoughts, ideas, plans and even a direction which I was to start with. I will use the e-mail to send these to you as we go along.

Giselle and Kimber will be told our decision this tonight. They are free to stay or go. Michelle thinks it is time for a split from them. Something happened. I don’t know what exactly but it brought this about I think. You have done nothing but to be a friend. As our friend, I ask you to just let this be and we will remain friends. As I have time I will send you my thoughts. We may not remain in Rouen but I think we will.”

If Marcel took what we said badly, Giselle and Kimber were devastated. Kimber ran out of the room crying. There was something she was hiding and not saying.

Giselle just gave us a hug and held her daughter’s hand, saying, “I understand my darling, I understand!”

I think it was that English Bard who wrote, ‘Parting is such sweet sorrow.’

We left one morning for Rouen in a hire car. I did not think I would find work there and I was not going to try to replace Jennifer back at the Chateau. Michelle and I had not had to spend any real money these last months and between that and my disability payment, we had some time to find something. Someplace warm I hoped. The relaxed look on Michelle’s face had been worth it all.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.