In 30 Days - Cover

In 30 Days

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

Addendum

I was given an assignment by Marcel. It was tempered by a couple of things. One was our problem in the first place, French pride. If it was French made or designed it had to be the best. Everything French made had to be everything to everybody.

The Americans who were paying the bill, assumed whatever was good enough for the US Marines was good enough for the rest of the world.

There was a list of things 'they' felt we ought to select from but emphasized the US Marine selected items.

Mi-24 Hind Mi-25 and Mi-35 are export versions The Mi-24 is a close counterpart to the American AH-64 Apache, but unlike this and other Western assault helicopters it is also capable of transporting up to eight troops. The Mi-24 is one of the most widely known assault helicopters. It saw widespread combat action during many wars and military conflicts (Read to mean an old warhorse, out of production). This ageing gunship is still very capable and drable in combat if you don't have stingers pointed at them.

This helicopter has heavily-armored, slanted armoured cockpits and an nose gun turret. First versions were fitted with a 23-mm twin-barrel cannon, however a later production version had a 30-mm twin-barrel cannon. Other weapons include anti-tank missiles and rockets. The Mi-24 has a secondary troop transport capability. It can carry a full infantry squad of 8 fully equipped troops. Because of the troop carrying capability, this helicopter is used in a slightly different manner than other attack helicopters.

Kamov KA-52 Hokum-B called 'The Ka-50' was designed to be small, fast and agile to improve survivability and lethality and for minimal weight and size (thus maximum speed and agility) it was unique among gunships in the ability to be operated by a single pilot, more a gunship really.

The Ka-52 version was a further development and a two-seat version of the Ka-50 Hokum was created. This attack helicopter first entered service with the Russian Army. The Ka-52 is fitted with a battlefield management system and can exchange data with other helicopters, as well as third-party sources. This helicopter is also intended as an aerial command post for a group of helicopters. It provides target detection and coordinates the attacks.

Mi-28 Havoc The Mil Mi-28 (NATO reporting name 'Havoc') is a Russian all-weather, day-night, military tandem, two-seat anti-armor attack helicopter. It is a dedicated attack helicopter with no secondary transport capability, better optimized than the Mil Mi-24 for the role of only combat.

Euro Tiger It is a medium-weight attack helicopter, which entered service in 2002. It is also in service with Australia and Spain. The Tiger has seen combat in Afghanistan, Libya and Mali.

This helicopter incorporates stealth technology as well as other advanced features to increase its survivability. The Tiger is available in attack and fire support (escort) configurations. The attack version is fitted with Trigat or HOT 3 anti-tank missiles, as well as unguided rockets. It also carries Stinger air-to-air missiles. This version is not fitted with a cannon, the escort type is. The escort version of the Tiger is fitted with 30-mm cannon and unguided missiles, as well as Mistral air-to-air missiles. This version is in service with the French Army so spare parts and pilots were not a problem...

AH-IZ Viper The Bell AH-1Z Viper is a twin-engine attack helicopter based on the AH-1W SuperCobra, that was developed for the United States Marine Corps. The AH-1Z is part of the H-1 upgrade program. It is also called "Zulu Cobra" in reference to its variant letter. The AH-1Z Viper has new engines, new rotor, upgraded transmission upgraded avionics and new target sighting system. Upgraded helicopters have improved flight characteristics. This helicopter is fitted with infrared suppression system, which covers exhausts. Still a lucky Ak-47 round to the rotor can bring this bird down.

AH-64 E Apache Guardian Designed to perform its combat missions day or night and in adverse weather, the Apache was designed specifically to meet the rigid requirements of the US Army's Advanced Attack Helicopter Plan. The Apache is equipped with state of the art electronic technology and fire control systems. The firepower is awesome

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.