One Last Job With Vengeance - Cover

One Last Job With Vengeance

Copyright© 2015 by Daniel James

Chapter 61

The bags and cases were stacked neatly in the corner of the lounge. Dan had paid for a month's rent in advance for the house, but they only needed three weeks to work out what they were doing and where they were going.

"Well it's time to say farewell, for a while at least," Dan said grudgingly.

Ray and Bridget decided they were going to stay in the house for another week before they set off. They had made the decision to travel for a while before finding somewhere they felt comfortable enough to settle down. With the money they each had in their, newly set up, offshore accounts they could live anywhere in the world and they intended to try as many countries as possible.

As expected Dan and Bern were going back to Egypt. Back to the people and lifestyle they loved, and missed. Firstly, before that, they were heading for the New Forest to a little cottage retreat tucked away from the hustle and bustle of city life. They had a couple of weeks before their flights were booked and they wanted, needed, some time together alone. After three years of lonely emptiness, Dan wanted Bern all to himself without interruptions.

All four stood in the middle of the room. The goodbye was not welcomed and they all found it difficult. With the flood of mixed emotions, felt over the past few weeks, the bond between the group was as hard as concrete. Splitting apart, even for a while, would be a wrench but they knew it was inevitable. Bridget was the first to make a move. Stepping towards Bern, with her arms open wide. The two women flung their arms tight around each other and clung on as if their life depended on it.

"I'm going to miss you babe," Bridget sobbed

"You too hun but it won't be forever. Before you know it we will be meeting up again, no doubt, in some far flung corner of the world," Bern replied

"You promise"

"Of course, either we come to you or you come to us. Either way there will be wine flowing"

"At least getting out of the area I won't ever run into the Rat," Bridget stated.

"Oh I'm certain you will never see him again babe," Bern said with a knowing wink.

Ray shuffled towards Dan kicking his feet like a naughty schoolchild in the playground. Extending his hand for Dan to shake, he was surprised when Dan slapped it to the side.

"Do you really think we are going to say goodbye with a handshake and a stiff upper lip like good old English gents?"

Ray's face beamed a smile at the question Dan had asked. He had not seen his best friend for such a long time he wanted to bear hug the life out of him but didn't know how Dan would react. Dan made the decision for him. The two men embraced, squeezed, and kept the hold for what would normally have been way too uncomfortable for men. Planting a kiss on Ray's neck, Dan pats him on the back, and then released his grip.

"You take care of Bridget, and yourself," Dan instructed

"I will do. It's been a wild ride hasn't it"

"That it has been Ray. That it has been"

"Don't leave it three years next time," Ray laughed

"Oh don't fret about that. The amount you will see me you will be sick of me in a couple of years"

Changing partners, Dan kisses Bridget.

"Thanks babe for everything you have done and gone through" he says softly.

"Anytime, but thanks is not needed. You have given me enough money to last three lifetimes and a new man to share it with"

Hugging Ray, Bern kisses him on his head.

"So nice to know you are safe and thanks for watching out for Bridget and I. Even though you looked like a stalking pervert in the shadows," she roared.

"Well I couldn't have my best mate's favourite girl in danger now could I, plus with the glimpses of Bridget I saw in the window, it wasn't all work and no play but don't tell her that"

Picking up the bags, they walk out to the car. Squashing them in the boot, and slamming the lid, they get in. Turning for one final wave to Ray and Bridget, standing in the door arm in arm, Dan toots the horn and drives off.

"Well babe we are off" Bern says excited

"Yes we are but first I have to make one stop"

Turning into Plashet Grove, they pull up outside an old Victorian, two-storey, terraced house. Truly run down, it definitely had not seen any care for years. The white paint on the outside windows had peeled away revealing the cracks in the seals. The net curtains, hanging inside the windows, were grey and in tatters. The windows, with their metal bars on the outside, looked as if they had not opened for some time.

"Where are we Dan?" Bern enquired

"This is where Saim's wife and son live" he replies bowing his head

"So what are you going to do Dan, just knock?"

"I'm going to try. If I don't get and answer then I will think of something else"

The floor of the porch, covered with original Victorian tiles, was a mess. All broken from years of careless feet stomping on them. Dan brushed the pieces aside with his foot.

Knocking on the heavy door, and then moving back out of the porch, he waited. A minute had passed and nothing, not a sound from inside, he knocked again. Doing the same, he moved out of the porch and waited. Again, silence.

Looking back at Bern, she was pointing at the window. She had seen the curtain twitch revealing that somebody was inside.

Taking a gamble, he lent down to the letterbox and spoke softly

"It's ok the guards are not here"

Stepping away and listening, he heard light steps approach the inside of the door.

"Afshan, it is okay, you can open the door, the guards have gone," he repeated.

Hearing the lock turn, slowly, the door opened. Awkwardly emerging, the woman scoured the road left and right. Seemingly satisfied, she opened the door further and stepped into view.

The woman, standing around five foot five, was wearing a full hijab. Even completely covered, it was easy to see she had grown into a fine woman with a slim well-proportioned figure. With only her eyes showing, it made it difficult not to notice them. Sparkling in the light, the deep green colour shone like emeralds in a crown. Made all the more apparent against the darkness of her surrounding skin of her eyes.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.