One Last Job With Vengeance - Cover

One Last Job With Vengeance

Copyright© 2015 by Daniel James

Chapter 43

Sitting up in bed and wiping the sleep from her eyes Bern, startled by the noise coming from the other room, had forgotten about the visitor she had staying with her. Throwing a dressing gown around her, she walks into the kitchen. Why her head felt like it had been hit with a hammer was no mystery, counting the empty bottles of wine on the table it was obvious. The rattling of the pots and pans by Bridget made her eyes blink in time with every metallic bang.

"Oh good you are up I've made breakfast" Bridget says with a smile

"You're up early hun it's not even seven yet" Bern replies as she swallows down two headache tablets

"I've been up for a while. I can't remember the last time I watched a sunrise, sober anyway, it was beautiful."

"I don't think I could face anything to eat yet, my head is banging. Look at you all spritely, was it only me that drank last night?"

"I guess I am used to that amount of drink and you're not," Bridget giggles

Sitting at the table, Bridget slides the plate of breakfast in front of Bern.

"Come on, Beans, scrambled eggs and toast. Eat up it will make you feel better" Bridget assures

"Okay cheers, actually makes a change to have someone cook for me"

"It's been on my mind all morning," Bridget says with a mouthful of food

"What has?"

"The reason you became my angel and got me out of that stinking hell hole."

Bern knew that the question would inevitably come and dreaded this moment. She suddenly felt quite sober. As her pulse quickened, and her heart sent oxygenated blood around her body faster, her mind became clearer.

"I'm no angel Bridget" Bern replied, "It was not a selfless act, pulling you out of there"

"Then what reason did you have to do it?" Bridget asked putting down her fork.

"There was something that I needed you to do. Something I was prepared to ask of you when I saw you in that room. Now, after last night and the things you told me, I can't ask anything of you"

"Bern listen, I feel more alive this morning than I have in many years, and you are the reason for that. By getting me out of there, you have given me a chance of life again. If I can repay you in any way, then I shall."

"Exactly my point, you have a chance of a new life and now you are able to get that, I will not do anything to take that away from you"

"I'll tell you what Bern, at least tell me what it was and if I don't want to do it then I will say no"

Running her hands through her hair, Bern thinks it over. At least she could tell Dan that she had tried, she could tell him that Bridget had become upset and stormed out of the flat.

Taking a sip of coffee, she forcibly exhales and takes hold of Bridget's hand.

"Okay but please remember, I agreed to do this before last night and before we spoke"

"It is okay Bern, I won't hold anything against you" she replies with a reassuring smile

"I can't tell you everything but there is a plan in motion at the moment and you were to be part of it. There is a rather nasty piece of work that has gotten on the wrong side of certain people and needs to be dealt with."

Bridget, sitting forward in her chair like a child listening to a story, looked captivated

"Sounds intriguing Bern so where do I come in?" she eagerly asks

"This bloke has a few different businesses from which he makes a shed load of money. This includes girls that he uses to satisfy his, let's say, more upper class clients. Your part in this was for me to clean you up and you to become one of the girls and spread a little extra something around."

Sitting back in her chair, crossing her arms, Bridget face turned from a smile to the sternness of a school headmistress.

"So let me get this straight. You wanted me to join this bloke's harem and sleep with whomever he handed me too?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.