Romance - Cover

Romance

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 27

Romance: Another country heard from:27.

It was just about time for Seven to pass judgement ... or what ever happens in interplanetary politics ... which have absolutely no bearing on the gods, even if they do call themself... yeah, yeah, yeah, not acceptable grammar or syntax ... you tell 'em ... maybe they'll listen to you ... scientists, when Ceiling said "Company coming. Ooo, they're pissed."

They crashed through the door, mostly unaware that the battering ram used in the assault didn't come with them.

Yes ... they had the remnants of black suits ... yes ... they were holding plastic grips and plastic frames that used to be attached to guns with metal springs, triggers and slides that once upon a time had magazines with metal cartridges in them. If it was metal ... it was gone. Badges, too.

No ... their radios didn't work so they couldn't call for backup. Steel-toed shoes were missing the steel toe along with the arch supports and the metal eyelets for the laces were gone.

But they tried.

While the rest were waving their toy pistols menacingly, the man with the paperwork said, "By order of the President of the United States, this meeting is declared subversive activity and you are under arrest for violations of the Official Secrets Law of the Isle Jersey 1952. India, the Official Secrets Act of 1923. New Zealand, the Official Secrets Act of 1951. Ireland, the Official Secrets Act of 1963. United Kingdom; The Official Secrets Acts 1911 and 1920 means the Official Secrets Act of 1911 and the Official Secrets Act of 1920. The Official Secrets Acts 1911 to 1939 means the Official Secrets Acts 1911 and 1920 and the Official Secrets Act of 1939."

By way of explanation the spouter of the laws said, "People working with sensitive information are commonly required to sign a statement to the effect that they agree to abide by the restrictions of the Official Secrets Act. This is popularly referred to as "signing the Official Secrets Act".

"Signing this has no effect on which actions are legal, as the act is a law not a contract, and individuals are bound by it whether or not they have signed it.

"Signing it is intended more as a reminder to the person that they are under such obligations. To this end, it is common to sign this statement both before and after a period of employment that involves access to secrets.

"In addition to the Official Secrets Acts, the Naval Discipline Act of 1957 makes it an offense punishable with life imprisonment to spy on Royal Navy ships or overseas bases.

"The (UK) Official Secrets Act of 1889was adopted in Canada with minor modifications in 1890. Its provisions became part of the Criminal Code of Canada in 1892.

"The Official Secrets Act Canada 1939 replaced the Criminal Code provisions and utilized the provisions of The Official Secrets Acts 1911 and 1920 (UK). Amendments were made in 1950 and 1967.

"The phrase official secrets act may also be used to refer to statutes of a similar nature in other countries.

"The United States does not have a broad-reaching Official Secrets Act, although the Espionage Act of 1917 has similar components. 18 U.S.C. 798 enacted in 1951, makes dissemination of secret information involving cryptography, espionage, and surveillance illegal for all people, and is thus an "official secrets act" limited to those subjects." He breathed several times but was pretty much out of breath when he finished.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.