Romance
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Romance: Another country heard from:15.

The announcer, chosen for his deep and manly voice, announced, "In the normal course of events, a Hero and his caretaker have three Damsels to chose from. To make the event more interesting for you, the audience, we are passing out small tablets of paper and a writing instrument."

There was commotion in the studio as this years flock of interns, chosen from the Communication and Broadcasting College of Cassandra, distributed small packets of paper and an engraved ball-point pen announcing that; "This Pen was Stolen from Cassandra in the Morning." The interns were checking to see that no member of the Studio audience had more than one packet.

"Would you please give a 'Cassandra in the Morning' greeting to Mistress Eva Caretaker Controller of Crossroads and Cassandra."

The fat guy was spinning that towel for all it was worth and the audience went wild.

Mistress Eva Caretaker Controller was a little older than most of the Caretakers. She'd come up from the ranks, so to speak, and now handled Caretaker problems and scheduling. Hers was a very busy job and personal appearances were very rare.

"Today, we are honored and blessed with a successful Hero. Jack Flintkote, comes from a long line of successful Heroes. As far back as the Twelfth Century Flintkote men have been excellent rescuers of Cassandrian Damsels in Distress."

Here a series of paintings showed the line of Flint and Feuerstein. Some of the paintings were extremely fancifully, on the line of Saint George slaying the dragon.

Freiheir Gustav Feuerstein, a Teutonic Knight of the Holy Roman Empire was shown rescuing Genevieve, Lady in Waiting to Guinevere, Queen of the Britons, from highway men intent on rape, pillage and ransom. One villain is spitted on the lance whilst a second is spilling his guts on the roadway, a third is running into the forest.

When, in all actuality, Gus had been dastardly, slitting throats without warning. The rules hadn't been solidified and the Knights weren't do-gooder pansies yet. Still the highway men had had all the necessary paraphernalia to get a Knight in armor on the ground and open him up like a lobster on a dinner plate.

Eva Caretaker Controller, continued, "We are changing our methods. Today, instead of three candidates we are presenting you, the studio audience, with the rare opportunity of selecting one of SIX Damsels for our intrepid Hero and Hero Companions to release from durance vile.

"Projector, show us the choices!"

Fucked! We're fucked! thought Jack, as the chosen Damsels were displayed, one by one ... until:

"Sister!" came the cry from the audience, "That's My Sister!" Sobbing and shaking, the young lady was escorted to the stage. The sister was interviewed in front of the live studio audience.

A setup, thought Sultry. Can't be ... they didn't know we were coming ... did they?

The Powers that Be knew we were going today. Jack thought at her.

They did?

Yup ... scared me half to death popping into the car. Two was so excited she peed her panties.

The audience had, by this time, chosen a victim, the sister, and the results were being displayed on a screen behind the hosts.

As Damsels go ... she was the typical Cassandrian woman ... drop dead gorgeous. She was being held by highwaymen, about four hours by car from the original bank. By car ... four hours, shanks mare ... about two weeks; unless the watches worked on Chaos. They might.

The highwaymen were holed up in a heated cave a few hundred yards off the road and had been very successful for months. Careful to pick and choose their targets, the average workingman was seldom accosted ... unless he happened to be driving cows to market and the bossman decided that steak was the meal of the day.

Improvements to the Cassandra spy satellite system had allowed the Crossroads personnel to zoom down and measure peeing dicks, so the back room monitors were able to judge what kind of a pissing contest this rescue might turn out to be ... about a 9 on the red card.

In front of god and everybody Eva swore this was a class five green card rescue.

One more thing, this bunch had nordic ancestry, their fore-bearers were in the process of a raid on an English coastal village when the local area, village, boats, houses, warriors, plunder and women, were plucked and dumped hundreds of miles from the nearest sea.

They were still pissed about it.

The sendoff was tumultuous. The audience were allowed to see ... via satellite, the dealing with the bank, the bank guard, the bank robbers and the mob in the street.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.