Romance - Cover

Romance

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 14

As soon as Jack was on the road, The Seven in One popped in.

As he was straightening the car from its sideways condition ... in the oncoming lane ... Jack said, "You guys have to quit doing that."

"We weren't expecting that kind of a reaction. This Chebby has an inordinate amount of power. You were supposed to step lightly on the brakes, not heavily on the accelerator."

Jack pulled over in a wide spot. "What?"

"What what?"

"What do you want?"

"What makes you think this isn't a social call between friends?"

"With you guys, it's never about friends, you don't even like me."

"True. But we love your wife. She's in the Line."

"Line? What line?"

"You know she's a gypsy?" The Seven asked. "Not Romany ... Egyptian."

"Well ... something of that nature was mentioned ... So?"

"She descends from the Pharaohs ... she is in the Line of Narmer."

"Who the fuck is Narmer?"

"Third Pharaoh ... ruled Upper and Lower Egypt. She's one of the offspring ... very much removed but still ... real royalty."

"That and a quarter will get a cup of coffee."

"Not to change the subject ... but you're going ... tonight."

"Since ... ah ... you know the future ... I don't want to know. I assume you're going?"

"Wouldn't miss it for worlds ... we want to see if your new watch makes it through."

The rest of the drive back to Frogmorton was permeated with the fits and starts of unfulfilled conversations from both sides. However, Two kept interrupting with glad cries of joy. She was excited.

"Oh, boy oh, boy oh, boy. Oh! I peed my panties," she exclaimed. "UhOh ... farted, too."

The remainder of the trip was completed with the front vent windows and rear windows open ... all the way.

Seems Jack is always going to be in the shit.

Home looked empty. The machine-guns were gone, the yard full of tents were gone and there was one truck with a note: We'll just call this one a gift. Signed: Charlie.

Seems like Jack might have to ... umh ... you don't know.

"You ready?" asked Sultry. She was wearing ... well ... what there was of it ... leather, and straps, with strategically placed inserts of fabric-lined leather. Three of them. Mostly half inch leather straps. There was an awful lot of Sultry ... and not much leather.

"You're ... ah ... wearing ... that?"

"Like it? Made it myself."

"Sure I like it ... you're going to attract assholes left, right and center."

"Great ... I can get to eliminating the mighty and mighty stupid right away."

"What happens if we get to the bank and it's winter?"

"Winter? It snows?"

"Seasons ... just like 12th century Europe."

"Shit! Pick a summer mission..."

"For all I have to say about it ... I will."

"I've got my stick and my watch."

"I'll get mine." He grabbed his staff from behind the door.

"We're ready," said the horde ... all seven of 'em. Seven was dressed as Genghis Khan. The Six were Mongolians. They were burdened down with saddle, tack and Bo staffs Western saddles dripping with silver conchos and fancy silver stitching on the tack.

This ought to be good, Jack thought. "Everybody get a good hold ... after we get up stairs. IDIOTS ... I'm bringing idiots to Chaos.

Sultry broke into a full bellied laugh. They have enough already. Coals to Newcastle, Johns.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.