Romance
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Romance: Another country heard from: 1.

Sultry asked herself, WHAT IS HE DOING???

Jack just drove. Odd, isn't it? She's a psychological mess and I'm calm as a cucumber.

The dinner went like a first date and Sultry was impressed. No movie though. They had to watch Television. Since the house was the highest point and John/Jack has had the phone company install two phones in the house ... the telephone pole was the tallest point and the TV antenna was able to pull in broadcasts ... sometimes. The movie A Fistful of Dollars starred Clint Eastwood.

"Why does Joe's lips move to the words but everyone else's lips don't?" she asked.

"Voice over," said Jack.

"What's that?"

"The movie was filmed in Italy. Joe is the only American actor. Everyone else is speaking their native language. If you were watching this in Italy, Joe's voice would be speaking Italian ... but his lips would be speaking English."

"Wow! That sounds complicated. How did they follow the script?"

"That's a good question, Sultry," Jack said. "I don't know."

"Ok, I'll try and find out."

Laura Shop, in Breaks, had a set menu. Walk in, sit down and the waitress brought in the meal of the evening. That night it was meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy made from the meatloaf drippings, turnip greens with bacon, a bread basket with corn bread, white dinner rolls and whole wheat muffins, real butter and local honey. The salad was presented as dessert ... European style. It was good, filling and a marvelous burp factory.

BURP "Wow ... the burps taste as good as the meal," said Jack.

BURP "I got the recipe from the waitress," Sultry said.

The movie was interspersed with burps ... and laughter. Sultry moved in close and put her head on Jacks shoulder.

He could feel her get into the movie, she would flinch at the beatings, jerk when there was an unexpected shot. She faintly "Booed" the villain, cheered the hero and cried in all the appropriate spots.

They both used the shower ... but not together.

In the bedroom, she moved to curl up but shied away.

"You smell like smoke," she said, wrinkling her nose.

Jack sniffed her hair. "So do you."

She jumped out of bed, jerked him out and led him to the downstairs shower.

"Wash my hair, I'll wash yours," she said.

She jerked off his shorts and stripped out of his tee shirt.

The water was good and hot, the wash job superb, she sniffed his, he sniffed hers. They dried themselves and headed back to bed.

"Shit," she sniffed his pillow... "Smoke. Mine too."

"I'll change the pillow covers," she said

She did ... they finally slept.

The next day, she went to the general store and bought several sets of sheets, blankets and new pillows.

Jack called the Jeep dealer.

"Jeep." said the receptionist, "How may I direct your call?"

"The owner, please."

"Who may I say is calling?"

"John Flintkote," said Jack.

"One moment please."

"Arthur Carlbury. What can I do for you, Mr. Flintkote?"

"Mr. Carlbury..."

"Art, please."

"Only if you call me Jack."

"Certainly. What can I do for you, Jack?"

"Art, this might be way out of line, but I need new beds ... frames and all."

"I have your card number, how many and what size?"

"There's a bed called California King," Jack said.

"I've heard of it. Hold on."

Jack was on hold for seconds.

"Jack?"

"I'm here, Art."

"I'll call you back ... fifteen minutes."

Sultry walked in with her booty.

"Whatchagot?"

"New bedding."

"Take it back," Jack said.

"Ok." She turned around and started out the door.

"I'm buying new beds," Jack said.

"Looks like you're sitting on your ass to me," Sultry said.

"Waiting on a call, and there it is."

"Flintkote."

"Art," said the Jeep dealer.

"What did ya find out?"

"Secretary has a brother runs a bedding store. He's got a deal for you."

"Can I speak to her,"

"Missy speaking," a female voice said, "Mr. Fintkote?"

"Yes," Jack said.

"Mr. Flintkote, my brother has two special order beds and he'll make a deal."

"Yes?"

"Texas Kings, they were ordered for a man who is resting with the Federal Government and will be for 40 years. The balance owed on the beds is a thousand dollars. Walnut bed frames, built in stereo, mosquito netting, twenty sets of bedding, mattresses and delivery."

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

"You want them?"

"You bet ... Art has my card number. Two grand?"

"The thousand owed is for both," she said. "Hold on"

"On the way," the secretary said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.