A Well-Lived Life - Book 6 - Kara I - Cover

A Well-Lived Life - Book 6 - Kara I

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 21: North and South, Part III

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 21: North and South, Part III - This is the continuation of the story told in "Book 5 - Stephanie". If you haven't read Books 1 through 5, then you'll have some difficulty following the story. I strongly encourage you to read those before you begin this sixth book. Like the other books in this series, there is a lot of dialogue and introspection. There is also a lot of sex. Book 6 has 60 chapters and about 330,000 words. It's a lengthy read. I hope you'll stick with it!

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Romantic   School   First   Slow  

November, 1981, Chicago, Illinois

“How are things going?” I asked.

“Amazing!” Kathy said with a huge smile. “He’s just what I needed. Last night was the first time we could sleep in the same bed. Doing that with you was always my favorite thing!”

“Oh, really?” I chuckled.

“Actually, yes. You holding me in your arms while we slept was the most amazing feeling. Don’t get me wrong, the orgasms were out of this world, but feeling safe, secure, and loved; it’s the best thing there is. And I felt that with Kurt last night.”

“Good. So what do you want to talk about?”

“How do you know if you’re really in love? I mean, like, in love enough to want to be with someone for the rest of their life?”

“Hell if I know!” I chuckled. “I’m the last guy to ask that question of. I can’t figure it out for myself! Why are you asking?”

“Because being with Kurt feels a lot like being with you and we weren’t in love.”

“Well, not in love, but we love each other. We might, had we not both been foolish, have been in love back in seventh and eighth grade. But that doesn’t mean we don’t love each other. And you know what? That’s an OK basis for a long-term relationship. In different circumstances, don’t you think we could marry and be happy? And never regret it for a moment?”

“Ah! And that’s exactly what Elyse is feeling with you! I get it now; and it makes sense. Maybe I’ve been going about this all wrong.”

“How so?” I asked.

“That being in love isn’t what’s important. I could see you and me married and living happily together. And I think that you’re right that neither of us would ever regret it. I was looking for love and trying to make it happen by spreading my legs. What you showed me is that being a good friend, being close to someone, feeling safe and secure is what’s more important. And fantastic sex came after that.”

“And with Kurt, you were careful because of me. You became friends and were comfortable. Then you guys took it to the next level. And you did it incrementally. I bet with your jock boyfriends, you had sex on your first or second date.”

“Yes. Because I thought I had to and because that would get the guy to stay around.”

“And with Kurt, you made sure he wanted to stay around before you had sex. I’d say that’s the better strategy. One thing I’ve learned is that having sex too soon can lead to all kinds of problems. It’s one of the reasons I delayed things with Kara.”

She nodded; I guessed she was, finally, understanding the better way to form a relationship.

“How are things with her?” she asked.

“Complicated, as always. Between her dad, the distance, and my fear of making a lifetime commitment right now, we’re not where she wants us to be. We’re still planning on living together next Fall. I think at that point, we’ll be in much better shape and we’ll be able to really work on a long-term relationship. She’s handling it remarkably well.”

“Long distance has got to be difficult. Add the fact that she’s still in High School and that you two come from totally different worlds and I’m amazed things are going as well as they are for you two.”

“It’s not easy for her, that’s for sure. But so far, she’s handling it. I think, in the end, it’ll all work out.”

We walked a bit further in silence, then turned back to the apartment. Just before we turned the corner onto 53rd Street, she stopped, turned, and hugged me. She gave me a quick, soft kiss on the lips and said, “Thanks.” We walked around the corner and went inside.

“Steve, you have a message that I think HAS to be a prank call. It just can’t be true!” Elyse said excitedly.

“Charlene Tilton and Victoria Principal called and they want a threesome?” I teased.

“You wish! But this is even stranger than that. Some lady who said she was with the Russian Embassy in Washington. She left a number for you to call.”

“I bet it has something to do with Tatyana. It’s not so strange. Let me call and find out.”

“On a Sunday morning?” Elyse asked.

“I’m sure they know I’m a student. Sometime Sunday would logically be the best time to call. They may have even tried during the week and not left a message on the machine,” I said.

I dialed the number and a woman with a Russian accent answered. I identified myself.

“You are Stephen Adams of Chicago, Illinois?”

“Yes. What’s this about?”

“Miss Tatyana Voronina has listed you as her escort for a dinner at the Embassy on January 9th. I need to confirm your address to send a formal invitation. It will include everything you need to know. This will be a formal dinner. I understand you were with her at a dinner in Chicago, so you know the dress requirements.”

“I do,” I said, and gave her my address.

“Good. I will send your invitation. Please bring it with you. You will need to show it to the policeman outside the Embassy to gain admittance.”

I thanked her and hung up.

“Just as I thought,” I said to Elyse. “Tatyana invited me to a formal dinner at the Embassy in January. I’m sure I’ll hear more about it from Tatyana in her next letter.”

“Spying for the Soviet Union, Steve?” Kurt asked with a look of curiosity.

“No, knowing Steve, it’s much more likely he wants to engage in some ‘international relations’,” Kathy quipped, making air quotes with her fingers.

Everyone laughed at that, including me. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing until Elyse and I made dinner, and after dinner, Kathy and Kurt bid us goodbye and headed back to Evanston.

“That was a lot of fun. I enjoyed having them here,” Elyse said once they had left.

“Me too. I had a good talk with Kathy. She’s pretty damn happy and I am as well. I was certain that once she got out of Milford, things would be much better for her. I’m glad she didn’t go out for the cheer team at Northwestern. That might have just perpetuated her problem.”

“She still has a thing for you, you know.”

“I do. And I have one for her. But it’s not like you mean. She’s an awesome friend, but our paths in life are different. I think I told you that our paths would have been radically different if we had just gotten past our own foolishness and insecurity back in seventh or eighth grades. I’d say she’s similar to Bethany, though with Kathy, it’s not in the remote hopes that someday I’ll be with her.”

“What do you have planned for tonight, honey?” Elyse asked sweetly.

“Well, I believe I have an appointment to make love to my friend, but otherwise, no plans. Why?”

“Let’s take a bath together. Pour us each a glass of wine and we can soak in the bubbles.”

We spent the next hour drinking wine and cuddling in hot, soapy water. When we finished, after we rinsed off the suds and dried off, we went to Elyse’s bed and made love. It was different feeling skin on skin rather than pubic hair and I thought maybe I’d keep shaving. We fell asleep in each other’s arms and slept soundly until Monday morning.

Nothing of note happened on Monday. On Tuesday, when I walked into my Computer Science class, I saw Jackie there without Papiya. That was odd, because I’d never seen them apart except for when I went with Papiya to her room. Jackie got up and grabbed my arm and asked me to walk with her. She took me down the hall to the small student lounge.

“Are you OK?” she asked.

“What do you mean? I’m fine. What’s up?”

“No problems with the team?”

I knew what she was getting at now. She wanted to make sure that my visit with Papiya hadn’t caused any trouble.

“No, of course not,” I replied. “Why would there be?”

“I told Papiya she should wait until the project was turned in before she slept with you. I was afraid that you might be upset with her.”

“Upset? Why the hell would I be upset?”

“You don’t know?”

“Know what?” I asked, now a bit worried.

“You don’t live on campus! I bet you don’t hang out with too many people here.”

“Just you two and another girl from one of my classes. There are a few guys I talk to in class, but that’s about it. Why?”

“Papiya has quite the reputation. Let’s just say she keeps score.”

“Score?”

Jackie laughed, “She has a little book she keeps track of all her conquests in. Complete with scores and ratings. She’s been through at least three dozen guys that I know of since she arrived here last year. She went to an all-girls High School, and she chose IIT because, to quote her, it’s a target-rich environment.”

I chuckled, “I think I know how that works. When I lived in Sweden, my class was 23 girls and 7 guys. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know my score?” I smirked.

“Six.”

‘Six?’ was my immediate outraged thought. Six? Bullshit! I was sure there are guys better than me, but that fuck rated an eight at least! I wasn’t sure my ego could take THAT rating. But then I reconsidered.

“On what scale?” I asked.

“One to five!”

“Uhm, then how do I get a six?” I grinned.

“That’s reserved for guys she’d do it with again. Only one other guy got a six and he graduated last year.”

I chuckled, “OK. You had me worried there for a minute. So why would I be upset?”

“Most guys want her again and when she says no, they get upset. I told her that she could wreck our team if that happened, but she wouldn’t wait.”

“Whatever. It was fun, but if she thinks I’ll come to her door and beg, she’s delusional.”

“Thank God! I was really worried because you seem like such a nice guy. And the nicer the guy, the more upset they are when she refuses. But it also seems like under that nice guy image there’s an animal!” she giggled.

I had an idea where this was going. I’d put money on it.

“We’re going to be late for class. Come on,” I said, taking her arm.

“I’d like to find out,” she said softly and walked to class with me.

Of course. Her friend had talked me up and now she wanted me. It was like Freshman and Sophomore year of High School all over again. I began to think it had been a serious mistake to be with Papiya. For sure, Kara wouldn’t like it. But if it led to a reputation like I had in High School, and word got around campus and Kara heard it when she came here, it would be nothing short of a disaster. I needed to talk to Jackie and find out if Papiya talked to anyone but her.

When class finished, I pulled Jackie aside. Papiya asked what was going on and Jackie just waved her off and walked down the hall with me.

“Jackie, does she talk openly about this? Or is it just you as a confidante?”

“Just me, as far as I know. The guys talk a lot, but she doesn’t mind. In fact, she encourages it. She likes turning down the guys she thinks are losers. It makes her feel powerful, I guess. She could easily have had twice as many guys as she’s had, but she’s somewhat picky. Well, at least it seems that way.”

That sounded like my situation in High School, though I never kept a scorecard!

“OK. I just don’t want a reputation around campus. That wouldn’t be a good thing.”

“Nobody will know besides me. I’m sure of that. The only way it would get out is if you talked.”

“Good. I’ve not said a word to anyone and I don’t plan to. I need to get to lunch with my friend. I’ll see you guys on Thursday at the computer lab to finish our project.”

“Cool. See you then, Steve,” Jackie said and walked on to join Papiya.

Papiya turned and winked at me, then walked away with Jackie, their heads close together, indicating that they were talking, and most likely about me. I wondered how much of the conversation Jackie would share. That more or less depended on what was really going on. It was entirely possible that Papiya had put her up to the conversation, just as it was possible that it was Jackie actually being concerned. Well, it didn’t matter so long as it was kept quiet. I walked to The Bog and met Stephie for lunch.

After lunch, we went to the computer lab to work on our CS homework. I was just putting the finishing touches on mine, which had made me chuckle when it was handed out. It was, in effect, a simpler version of my computer dating program. I’d quickly whipped it up on the TRS-80 in PASCAL and was now typing up the punch cards. Stephie was working on a CS100 program in FORTRAN that performed a simple bubble sort. I finished just before 3:00pm and Stephie, with a bit of help from me, finished at 3:30pm.

“Want to come back to my room and hang out for a bit?” she asked.

“Sure. I just need to leave in time for dinner and my karate class.”

“I remember, Yankee. Us Southerners ain’t dumb!” she teased.

We headed across campus to her dorm and went up to her room. Without asking, she handed me a Dr Pepper. I accepted it and we sat on her bed, leaning back against the padded door on the shelving unit.

“I talked to Daryl and Red some on Sunday. Daryl backed off a bit, but he’s not happy. Red told me to fergit Daryl and go out with you.”

“You know my situation,” I said evenly.

“I do. I wasn’t talkin’ permanent or nothin’, just datin’. You said that was cool.”

“I did. I just don’t want to mislead you.”

“You ain’t. You’ve been totally up front and honest with me, Steve.”

“Your accent seems to be coming back, Peaches,” I grinned.

“It does more when I’m tired. I didn’t sleep so good on Sunday night after talking to Daryl. He’s pretty upset, and that upset me.”

“I can understand. I’ve been in long-distance relationships and they’re tough. And it’s not easy to break up, either, especially if you didn’t see it coming.”

“True. Red told me the same thing. He’s pretty cool.”

“He sounds a lot like my friends Bethany and Kathy. I can talk to them and get really good advice, they’re fun to be with and we like doing the same kinds of things.”

“Yep. Like I said, I’ve knowed Red since we was two and he was my first kiss in fifth grade. He was almost my first lover, but he got hisself a girlfriend about when we was going to do it. It was tenth grade, and we both wanted to know what it was like. I knew Daryl’d never do it until he got married and Red didn’t have no girlfriend at the time. We talked about it and was trying to decide fer sure when he met Rose. Her daddy’s a racer, but she hates racing. Anyways, they took up with each other and so it never happened. I just figured with Red, we could avoid all the baggage that comes with sex.”

“That almost never works,” I said. “A very, very good friend of mine once told me that sex changes us in unpredictable ways and has a profound effect on our relationships, even if it seems like it’s just casual or with a friend. It might have made a real mess between you and Red, or it might even have made you guys a couple.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.