Brian, Where Are You? an Alone and Afraid Story - Cover

Brian, Where Are You? an Alone and Afraid Story

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 8

My romance with Nat has proceeded slowly. My sister, after less than three weeks, was having Amos stay over in her bed regularly and I could hear their activity. I had stayed at Nat's apartment once and slept in the same bed with him but hadn't been sexually active with him. I had not had sex with anyone since before Brian vanished. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Beth and Amos had just left for the day and Nat was coming over to take me out this Saturday.

He knocked and I let him in, giving him a light kiss. I said, "Nat, I want to talk to you. I feel that I could and can now and will be able to be honest with you."

I could see him tense. He asked, "Should my name become John?"

"No!" I said it vehemently. I continued, "You are the one person who I can trust and talk about anything with. I value that and have been valuing that while getting my head straight after grieving for Brian and changing my outlook on the world and how I interact with it. Next Monday, I start at the college with my duties. I want to continue to see you and I want our relationship to develop."

Nat breathed a quiet sigh of relief. No one else would have noticed it but I did.

I said, "If I had gone out with you before Brian vanished, we would have been in bed by no later than the second time out. As it is, I have slept in a bed with you once and we didn't have sex.

"Nat, you have been patient and caring with someone who's history doesn't deserve that level of patience and caring. I appreciate it. If you want to do me or have me fuck you blind, I will do it just out of gratitude. On the other hand, I hope you can be patient."

I held up my hand to stop him from saying anything. "I have learned to care for you and depend upon you emotionally over these weeks. You are truly a great guy and there is no 'but.' I am falling for you and I never planned on falling for anyone. I used men as they used me. With you, I have tried to be different for two persons' sake. First, mine. I wanted to determine if I could learn to care about a great man without jumping into bed with him as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Second, yours. I didn't think you were the type of guy who wanted a 'friends with benefits' relationship.

"Nat, I'm not saying this well. What I mean to say or want to say is that I want our relationship to move further and into intimacy. I enjoy your body against mine. I adore your kisses. I feel safe and comfortable in your arms. I want more. I hope you are interested in me that way and like what I have termed the 'new me' as we have talked and been together. At some point soon, I want us to make love." I stopped talking and looked at Nat anxiously.

Very gently, he pulled me into his arms. "We'll wait until both of us are sure we are making love.

"Shirley, I knew your history as you call it but I sensed something had changed in you or or we would not have been together. At one time, I tried to tell myself that I was just watching over a friend's sister but I try not to lie to myself. I won't lie to you." He sighed.

"I told you once that I have always had a crush on you from when you were barely a teen. You have had some painful growing times but you're a full-grown woman now. I'm in love with who you are and are still becoming. I'm glad you think there might be a place for me in your life and I will try to continue to deserve it."

Nat might have said more but I was sobbing and kissing him so that he couldn't get a word out. We finally broke enough of our clinch to sit down on the sofa. I finally got my act together and wiped my eyes and blew my nose. I said, "Nat, please don't talk of deserving me. I am the one who moved up by dating you."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.