The House at Sand Pines
Chapter 6: A Change in Direction

Copyright© 2015 by Coaster2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6: A Change in Direction - An unlikely friendship begets unlikely gifts. And then there was "The Face." Stranger things might have happened, but not to me.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic  

"I'm really looking forward to this, Nolan," Charlotte said as we sat at the table, our lunch dishes now gone.

"The sail tomorrow?"

"All of it. It's a little mini adventure after a long winter. The sun's out, the air is finally getting warmer ... and that beautiful boat. How could you not get up for that?"

I nodded. "I'm ready for it, too. Of course, your presence has a lot to do with that."

"That's the icing on the cake for you, is it?" she teased.

"Yes, indeed. It's like those retirement commercials you see on TV when the couple are sailing off into the sunset together on their big sailboat. You'll notice it's never on a motor cruiser, always a sailboat."

"I didn't notice, but now that you mention it, I think you're right. Why do you suppose that's the case?"

"Sailboats are more romantic, I guess. The image is more romantic at least."

"So, you see tomorrow as a romantic moment then?" she wondered with a sly smile. She was teasing me once more.

"Well, romantic in setting and... ," my voice died out, trying to think of what to say that wouldn't be misconstrued.

She smiled that knowing smile once more but didn't pursue the question further. We were walking back to the boat yard. We had progressed to holding hands now and then, falling into it easily. Charlotte had no idea how electric her touch was to me, and it left me wondering what my touch felt like to her.

There was some paperwork to go over with the yard office and payment of the final invoice for the refit. I'd been warned by friends that a boat was a hole in the water that you regularly filled with money, but I was hoping the worst of it was over now. Lew's gift to me was turning out to be expensive, but the money I'd spent was my choice, and so far I had no regrets.

I systematically went over the controls and peculiarities of the boat with Charlotte. First, I started the diesel engine and let it idle for a while. I would move to the fuel dock later that afternoon to fill the tank, since it had just a minimum amount in it at present. The water tank was full and all the taps and systems were working properly in the galley and head.

Next, I showed her the propane refrigerator and stove-oven unit. The propane tanks were stowed below, one for each unit. They would be turned off when we left the boat, taking any perishables with us from the fridge. After that, I systematically went over the electronics. Special attention was paid to the VHS radio, making sure Charlotte knew how to operate it in an emergency. It had its own battery in case of a power failure and a simple switch would make the conversion. Our call sign was taped onto the face of the receiver-transmitter, easily read. The GPS unit would give an accurate location that she could read from the screen.

What I really appreciated about Charlotte was that she took nothing for granted. All these lessons were safety lessons that would be valuable if anything happened to me. She paid close attention and stopped me if she didn't understand something. The more time I spent with her, the more impressed I was. This woman was exceptional and I was now consciously looking to find a way to make her mine.

"We have a couple of choices to make," I said to her as we wrapped up the review of systems. "For our evening meal, we can either go over to the restaurant or pub, or we can stay on board for soup and sandwiches. If we stay on board, then I would recommend we use the early breakfast facilities at the restaurant before setting sail. It's more difficult to make a proper meal when we are underway."

"Okay, that's fine with me," she agreed.

"Also, we need to work out the sleeping arrangements," I continued. I unlatched one of the fold-down bunks in the galley, turning a booth back into a bed. "I'll sleep here and you can have the forward compartment."

She looked at me and this time she snorted while shaking her head, then folding the bunk up where it was. "I have a better idea. You said that there's a fitting that goes between the bunks in the stateroom to make one big bed. I think that's a much better arrangement."

I looked at her in surprise and suspicion. Was this some kind of gag? Was she taunting me?

"Uhhm, are you sure about that?" I asked carefully.

She took the two steps toward me, wrapped her arms around my neck, and kissed me. I mean, not some peck or sister kiss, but a deep down serious kiss.

"The time has come for you to admit you want me. What better opportunity than here, in this confined space, just the two of us?"

Her tone of voice told me that she was serious, and this wasn't some frivolous game. I was about to say something indicating my agreement when she swooped in once more for another kiss, and this time there was tongue. Lots of tongue. It went on between us for a while when I joined the battle. Our relationship had taken a turn, one I hadn't expected this soon.

"I came to the conclusion that you weren't going to make the first move," she whispered as we broke once more. "We were never going to find out just how well we might be together until one of us took the initiative. So ... do you still want to sleep by yourself?"

"No," I said quickly. "I may be slow, but I'm not stupid. I've been dreaming about you since the first time I saw you. To say I'm obsessed wouldn't be far from the truth."

"Good. Now that it's settled, what do you want to do this afternoon?"

It took me a moment to gather my wits. "We have to get some diesel fuel, so let's do that and I can show you how we tie up at the same time,"

The fuel dock was barely a hundred meters from where we were moored, but I wanted to show Charlotte just how to handle the lines. It wasn't difficult, but she would need to know for future reference. Before we slipped the lines, I showed her how we did it using a deck cleat and with a couple of tries, she had it down pat. I had her release the bow line, then hop aboard before I let go the stern line. I backed slowly out of our slot into the passageway leading to the fuel station.

The tide was out, so I had Charlotte climb the ladder at the wharf and then catch the thrown stern line to tie us off. Once that was done, I killed the motor and went quickly to the bow to toss her that line. She caught it first chance and secured us to the dock. I climbed the ladder and checked in with the agent, showing him my credit card. Within fifteen minutes, I had a full tank of diesel and started us back toward our slot at the yard.

"Usually, the long weekend means that the young guy who helps boaters would be there," I noted. "Normally, he'll tie us up and cast us off. But, if nothing else, you got to see how it's done with just the two of us."

"Can we go out for a short sail? We aren't in a rush, are we?"

"Sure! Let's motor up to Menzies Bay and then across to Quadra Island. It'll give me a chance to check the sails and rigging to make sure they are all good. Grab us a couple of floater coats from the stern locker. You might find it a little cold. Oh, and I forgot to ask if you brought sun glasses and maybe a hat."

"Yup. I've got a visor and shades," she grinned.

I passed her one of the stocking caps I had purchased and we put them on. She smiled when she saw the label on the bag. She looked really good in the cap and floater coat and planned to take some pictures of us.

The tide had turned and it wasn't that difficult to head north to Menzies Bay and then get ready to set the sails for a short run across to Quadra Island. We had at least a couple of hours to burn, so it would be an opportunity to make sure everything was ship-shape.

Charlotte removed the sail cover and stowed it below temporarily. Turning the boat into the wind, I raised the mainsail. The hand winch on the mast had been replaced with a power winch, making the process much easier. The Genoa foresail was self-furling and I set that next. As we came about to starboard, the wind caught the sails and we came to an easterly heading toward the island. The boat heeled moderately and gathered speed quickly. The look on Charlotte's face as she stood in the cockpit beside me was one of true joy.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.